The SIM card tray in my Classic seems to be misaligned and wobbly when inserted. I believe this is the reason I'm getting PIN code requests from time to time as my SIM loses contact with the phone because of the loose tray. Same problem anyone? Thank you.
    04-06-15 04:28 AM
    There have been a couple of reports regarding not 100% aligned trays, yet so far none with issues regarding actual contact issues with the SIM. Just a question: Do you have a genuine nano-SIM or did you cut down an existing SIM? I heard cut'down SIMs can be slightly larger which could cause problems with the tray.
    Otherwise I fear you might have to exchange the phone for a new device.

Posted via CB10
    draculito likes this.
    04-06-15 04:53 AM
    There have been a couple of reports regarding not 100% aligned trays, yet so far none with issues regarding actual contact issues with the SIM. Just a question: Do you have a genuine nano-SIM or did you cut down an existing SIM? I heard cut'down SIMs can be slightly larger which could cause problems with the tray.
    Otherwise I fear you might have to exchange the phone for a new device.

Posted via CB10
    My SIM is a genuine nano but I just tried friend's cut down sim and it seems to have a better contact because it's actually thicker than mine. Classic's build quality seems to be inconsistent: there are some creaky keyboards and gaps but my specimen is immaculate other than the sim tray roblem. I might actually try to find another sim tray (in case mine os tristed) or try the thicker, cud down sim to avoid wobbling of the tray.
    04-06-15 05:24 AM
    Hello, i have the same problem with my classic device, tried multiple sim's but they all had the same problem. i think this is a classic issue.
    but after the 50th time it connected and i was ok since then.
    04-06-15 09:22 AM
    Would any of this be because the SIM tray got bent when the card was pushed in not aligned? There was another thread about people not being able to close the door tight.

This is a fine machined tray with small tolerances and can get easily bent if forced is used. I know the ATT sales rep had trouble during initial installation of SIM card and tray. I took the phone away and carefully did it myself.

If the tray pushes in easily and flush that is not the issue.

Just return it for an exchange.

I guess I've been luck no issues with the phone to date and I've had it since launch.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 09:48 AM