I baby my phones and this is the first time I've used a phone naked without anything and I noticed there's a scratch mark on the silver part of the phone (is it chrome material?).

Just wondering if fellow Classic users have this issue. I thought the Classic was built like a tank (guess it's just the Passport then) and would be able to sustain some abuse. Considering I didn't even abuse it, I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I'm just picky but I make sure my phones are in mint condition.

Ended up getting a carbon skin to cover it because it's an eye sore

Update: So I took a gamble and purchased a metallic silver sharpie from a local stationery store to touch up the scratched plastic. It worked surprisingly well and has masked it enough that it no longer bothers me. I'll be applying an additional layer tomorrow just to give it another coating but I'm happy with the results!

Update 2: In the first pic, you'll see the slight mark (nothing earth shattering but still bugs me). The second and third pics are after the sharpie layer has been applied. It's not flawless, as you can see, but it does the job well enough IMO. And last pic is the Sharpie I used for the touch up job.

Last edited by ECBomb; 01-29-17 at 11:05 PM.
    01-19-17 12:56 AM
    The bottom of the phone, around the USB port, is plastic. If you follow that piece up and around the corner, you can see where that piece ends. It ends almost in line with the top of the space bar.
    I believe the rest of the phone is metal.

I have a chip on the plastic part from a drop.
    The rest of the metal is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 07:41 AM
    All classics seem to chip on that bottom plastic border, especially around the micro USB port in my experience
    01-19-17 09:07 AM
    Bla1ze can you chime in on this one please?
    01-19-17 09:11 AM
    My classic is metal all around, no plastic, its a Blue body though and dont see any scratching at all

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    01-19-17 09:15 AM
    Okay now that you guys mentioned it I didn't realize the bottom is plastic. Mine is scratched right on the corner below the SYM and CAPS key. It's pretty minor but very noticeable, which annoys the heck out of me.

The bottom is definitely plastic because it doesn't feel cool while the other framing feels cool like metal would. Bummer I wasn't aware before.
    01-19-17 09:29 AM
    Wow...LoL
    High quality plastic... never realised that over the last two years.. only now where you mentioned it...
    Well can live with that, never bothered me and didn't ware out either.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-19-17 09:43 AM
    Read mine above, no plastic on mine

01-19-17 10:04 AM
    Read mine above, no plastic on mine

It's not blatantly obvious but it is actually plastic. Take a real good look. It's to allow for the antennas
    01-19-17 10:59 AM
    It's not blatantly obvious but it is actually plastic. Take a real good look. It's to allow for the antennas
    mine is not plastic. The blue classic is most likely a premium device and there is not many around
    01-19-17 11:15 AM
    I've just looked at images on the Web and you can still see the separation line from metal to plastic on the blue edition as well. It's in line with the bottom fret line of the keyboard. It's painted identical colour which is why you might not have seen it
    01-19-17 12:22 PM
    mine is not plastic. The blue classic is most likely a premium device and there is not many around
    Get a needle and give it a gentle point sting!
    If you see a tiny dot it's plastic.

01-19-17 01:48 PM
    It's painted so yes
    01-19-17 07:46 PM
    Another fine example of why people shouldn't believe those who say the dtek50 is so well built or the dtek60 is the greatest thing

I owned the blue classic - twice.

It is identical to the black one.

But then again, there is another member on here who thinks the dtek50 is slightly taller than the Priv when it was already clearly shown it is shorter.

So much dubious information on these forums - you're better off staying away from asking for opinions and just sticking to the help related questions.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 09:33 PM
    Updated the original post. An option for those who would like to do something about the small scratches for the silver parts.
    01-24-17 02:16 AM
    amassing what a bit of spray paint can do for a different... LoL

01-24-17 04:41 AM
    I baby my phones and this is the first time I've used a phone naked without anything and I noticed there's a scratch mark on the silver part of the phone (is it chrome material?).

Just wondering if fellow Classic users have this issue. I thought the Classic was built like a tank (guess it's just the Passport then) and would be able to sustain some abuse. Considering I didn't even abuse it, I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I'm just picky but I make sure my phones are in mint condition.

Ended up getting a carbon skin to cover it because it's an eye sore

Update: So I took a gamble and purchased a metallic silver sharpie from a local stationery store to touch up the scratched plastic. It worked surprisingly well and has masked it enough that it no longer bothers me. I'll be applying an additional layer tomorrow just to give it another coating but I'm happy with the results!
    Show is a pic? Loll
    01-25-17 04:14 PM
    What an earthshaking problem. Metal or plastic? Scratched or not? Get a real life guys! Who cares.....?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-17 08:29 PM
    The metallic Sharpie idea is actually a pretty good one, I have to admit!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 07:34 AM
    Thanks for the silver Sharpie idea.

I also thought the bottom was metal until I dropped the phone.

The stainless frame around the rest is one of my favorite features of a BlackBerry phone. Never have used a case and if it gets a scratch in it it eventually gets polished out.
    themaddtitan likes this.
    01-28-17 11:09 AM
    Updated with pics as per request.
    01-29-17 11:05 PM