I almost preordered but hearing less than steller reviews of buying from shop blackberry, I wonder if waiting for Amazon is the better route?
    I have prime so I should not have shipping.

But, then will buying direct have sales tax to Indiana?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 10:19 AM
    I guess the only way is to purchase the device and slowly creep up on the check-out, and you should see if your going to get hit with Sales Tax......
    11-21-14 10:25 AM
    Depends on if your state requires sales tax to be honest. I know mine doesn't so everything I buy on Amazon is tax free.
    11-21-14 10:53 AM
    Never wonder this, always wait for Amazon...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-21-14 01:32 PM
    I'd wait for at least 6 months, maybe even three if it doesn't sell well

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:17 PM
    The issue of whether Amazon will charge you sales tax has to do with whether they have a distribution center in your state, not that your state is overlooking the tax.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:43 PM
    Yes, they do have a distribution center here now.

Apple has to charge sales tax in any state where they have an apple store.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:55 PM
    I will GLADLY pay tax to buy from Amazon over most other online retailers. Their customer service is second to none. If I could tip them when I purchase something I would...
    Ernest101 and Mr4aces like this.
    11-22-14 12:48 AM
    I will GLADLY pay tax to buy from Amazon over most other online retailers. Their customer service is second to none. If I could tip them when I purchase something I would...
    Yup, I remember when I was residing in the UK, bought a Samsung phone from Amazon, there were slight issues, let's just say I should have called Amazon instead of Samsung.

Sadly Amazon does not extend their services to South East Asia

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 03:22 AM
    I bought my z30 from shop BlackBerry and I didn't have a problem. They were rather timely. I know amazon is quicker but it's not horrible

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 03:25 AM
    I bought my z30 from shop BlackBerry and I didn't have a problem. They were rather timely. I know amazon is quicker but it's not horrible

Posted via CB10
    If I had an issue, I also would rather deal directly with the source manufacture than having to go through a 3rd party like Amazon.
    11-22-14 08:25 AM
    If I had an issue, I also would rather deal directly with the source manufacture than having to go through a 3rd party like Amazon.
    FYI, ShopBlackberry is a 3rd party. It's run by a company called Digital River. You're not buying directly from BlackBerry. It's a vendor they have selected to handle distribution of the product on their behalf. I have a pre-order in place but if I were able to choose between the 2 right now I would order from Amazon. No contest. Not because I've had a bad experience with DR, but because I've never had a problem with Amazon.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-22-14 09:59 AM
    If you say so, but you realize that shopblackberry.com isn't run by blackberry right? It's run by a 3rd party called digital river, just search these forums for that if you want to read some horror stories and examples of exactly how NOT to handle customer service. With Amazon, this is how it would go:
    You: Hi, I just bought this phone, I need to return it.
    Amazon: No problem, the shipping label has been emailed to you.

THE END

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces and lactose like this.
    11-22-14 10:07 AM
    I ordered twice from shopblackberry, first experience was horrible and I ended up with a refund. The second time was a about a week ago and not problems getting my Z30. The question with shopbalckberry is what type of quality of support are you going to get if you have problems with your phone during the warranty period. I have heard people say that in order for them to get a replacement phone that shopblackberry requires them to order a new phone by paying for it and then sending in the problem phone. Supposedly they are suppose to credit back their payment method once they get the old phone back, but I don't trust that type of arrangement. I would say order from Amazon and save yourself any future trouble.
    slagman5 and Mr4aces like this.
    11-22-14 12:19 PM
    OMG this!!! That's why I have not pre-ordered the device. I would so rather get it from Amazon. I'm hoping the device is available on the site on release.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 05:04 AM
    I have pre-ordered one from "Unlocked-Mobiles.com" in the UK. This is my first time with them (I normally order through Amazon US or UK). I hope they are also good and reliable.
    11-26-14 06:47 AM
    So, I bought a blu-ray/DVD combo pack from Amazon like 4 months ago. I like to add movies I like to my collection, I don't always watch movies right after receiving them. So today, a friend who has never seen the movie wanted to watch it. So we were watching it. 3/4 of the way through the movie, the picture would start cutting in and out, get really blocky, then it'll kick back out to the main menu. Going back to the scene, it'll do exactly the same thing again. Tried it on another blu-ray player, did the same thing. So the disc was faulty. It's a good 2 months past their return/exchange policy window have past. This is where 99% of other retailers would have said "sorry, there's nothing we can do." And honestly, I would have understood. Their return policy is clearly stated, and it's not like I'm outside of it by a day, it's WAY out of the window... So I chatted with a customer service rep, really, I was just asking if they can help me out in any way, like maybe if I buy another one just waive the shipping and handling, anything. Again, if the CSR would have just told me politely that there's nothing they can do, I would have been fine with it. If the CSR would have offered to waive the shipping and handling, or gave me a discount on buying another one, I would have been really happy. Do you know what they did? Sent me a return label, and a new one is already being processed to be shipped to me...

Come on, how can you even ask if you should wait for Amazon??
    anon(9184750) likes this.
    11-27-14 01:08 AM