Hey all,

Does anyone have insight on differences between the BlackBerry Classic via shopblackberry.com and the Classic via AT&T.

I suppose there may be some AT&T bloat installed and the branding on the back of course. I ask because the AT&T Classic is $30 cheaper and I can pick one up today rather than wait for shipping.

I also don't mind waiting 2-3 days and paying an extra $30 if it means a better device. Thoughts?

Thanks!
    03-11-15 09:48 AM
    I believe they're both the same aside from the frequency bands on the devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 09:56 AM
    AT&T Classic has Qi and PMA wireless charging capabilities. Other than that and a few different bands, it is basically the same device.

Posted via CB10
    s2by10 likes this.
    03-11-15 09:56 AM
    Hey all,

Does anyone have insight on differences between the BlackBerry Classic via shopblackberry.com and the Classic via AT&T.

I suppose there may be some AT&T bloat installed and the branding on the back of course. I ask because the AT&T Classic is $30 cheaper and I can pick one up today rather than wait for shipping.

I also don't mind waiting 2-3 days and paying an extra $30 if it means a better device. Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Get the ATT version. 30 cheaper, you can have it today and it has wireless charging.
    s2by10 likes this.
    03-11-15 12:52 PM
    The AT&T phone will also be locked if that's an issue for you
    03-11-15 12:56 PM
    399 right now on amazon. Kinda pissed I bought mine last week for 420 lol. I'm loving the phone and glad I don't have an att logo.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 01:28 PM
    The Verizon Classic is only $399 as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 06:22 PM
    399 right now on amazon. Kinda pissed I bought mine last week for 420 lol. I'm loving the phone and glad I don't have an att logo.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get the big fuss. It's a small little logo on the back of the device, that's it. I can count the number of f's I give on one hand, yep, 0...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    chflower and JesseBabe23 like this.
    03-11-15 06:26 PM
    The Verizon Classic also includes wireless charging capabilities straight out of the box.
    03-11-15 07:02 PM
    I don't get the big fuss. It's a small little logo on the back of the device, that's it. I can count the number of f's I give on one hand, yep, 0...

The Verizon version on the other hand....
    03-11-15 10:29 PM
    The Verizon version on the other hand....
    Yah... Is it worse than the Q10? I remember that one had both the Verizon logo and "4G LTE" plastered on it like you needed to be reminded...

03-11-15 11:10 PM
    Yah... Is it worse than the Q10? I remember that one had both the Verizon logo and "4G LTE" plastered on it like you needed to be reminded...

ShopBlackBerry Classic v. AT&T Classic-blackberryclassic-1024x640_0.jpg

It makes me sad.
    03-12-15 01:04 AM
    Yup, AT&T version will be locked so if that's something that doesn't matter to you then AT&T is good
    Also the logo is a downside

but wireless charging is a great benefit for some users
    03-12-15 04:26 AM
    AT&T has their extra carrier apps specific to carrier also on their Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 04:31 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberryclassic-1024x640_0.jpg 
Views:	762 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	340572

It makes me sad.
    That does suck. The AT&T version just has the logo on the back, small and on the bottom, no writing, nothing on the front chin...

03-12-15 01:45 PM
    I have the verizon classic and it has been nothing but problems, it won't sync up properly, the phone will not ring anymore, it has randomly deleted all of my messages including voicemail, text etc. I also have a classic on t mobile and I do not have a single issue with it.
    03-13-15 10:07 AM
    Go AT&T even if it's merely for support and/or exchanges. Way easier to just walk into the store than have to deal with Digital River with ShopBlackBerry. Also, the AT&T version on comes with myAT&T and FamilyMap proaded, that's it so don't worry about bloat as I find myAT&T very useful.

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Passport from Philadelphia
    s2by10 likes this.
    03-13-15 12:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Message Amazon customer service for a price protection, if it was sold by Amazon.com.

It works.
    03-13-15 04:00 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberryclassic-1024x640_0.jpg 
Views:	762 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	340572

It makes me sad.
    I actually didn't mind the Verizon on my FrankenPre Plus back then. I loved the confused look on the Bell employee's face when I told him to activate my CDMA phone with the logo on Bell.

But I do agree the branding and carrier customization must stop. So glad it stopped here in Canada.
    03-13-15 04:06 PM
    I actually didn't mind the Verizon on my FrankenPre Plus back then. I loved the confused look on the Bell employee's face when I told him to activate my CDMA phone with the logo on Bell.

But I do agree the branding and carrier customization must stop. So glad it stopped here in Canada.
    I don't know about it "must" stopping, it seems like we want government to legislate everything. This mentality is making the sheeple think it's ok to have the government regulate our internet now. You know where else the internet is regulated by the government? China, North Korea, Cuba...

If you really hate it that much, go with a different provider, complain to the provider, use nail polish remover, put on a case, it's not forced on you. I hate to see another push to have yet more things legislated by the government...

03-13-15 04:15 PM
    I don't know about it "must" stopping, it seems like we want government to legislate everything. This mentality is making the sheeple think it's ok to have the government regulate our internet now. You know where else the internet is regulated by the government? China, North Korea, Cuba...

If you really hate it that much, go with a different provider, complain to the provider, use nail polish remover, put on a case, it's not forced on you. I hate to see another push to have yet more things legislated by the government...

You really don't understand the function of government... do you **** your pants every time governments pass new regulations?

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-13-15 04:23 PM
    You really don't understand the function of government... do you **** your pants every time governments pass new regulations?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the government is there to make sure you're not annoyed by logos on your phone...

It seems I'm not the one that doesn't understand the function of government.

03-13-15 04:47 PM

If they just remove their ugly check mark logo and the 4G LTE on the back, I think it would be fine. There's nothing wrong with branding as long as it's not ugly.
    03-13-15 05:04 PM

That's one place Apple got it right. No branding by carriers.
    03-13-15 05:42 PM
    That's one place Apple got it right. No branding by carriers.
    We don't have them on any phone these days up here in Canada. And it's most certainly not enforced by the government or CRTC, just everyone hates it and eventually it went away.

So I honestly have no idea where the idea of the government came from...

However, to me, carrier branding on hardware is an indication the carriers have way too much say, down to the software of the phone to a silly redesign before the network will carry it. Carriers should just focus on providing the service and be the, er, carrier. THAT should be enforced one way or another.
    eji930 likes this.
    03-13-15 06:10 PM
39 12