I am curious enough for test this when a new leak drops.
    As far as I know protect is tied to your bbid. When the phone gets wiped it erases your id. I think after a wipe protect will stop seeing that device.

Posted via CB10
    BB id identifies who YOU are. BlackBerry Protect associates this id with unique device info. It uses the device info to locate the phone and show it on a map.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:20 AM
    I found always it would be a good idea to let the device explode after the second wrong PIN. Look, someone who writes wrong PINs is evil for sure. He has to be punished painfully. And he expects to have three attempts ...

When I was a student - this was in the beginning 90s - I had a comrade from Bulgaria. He owned a Z80 (?) micro computer with one of these early BASIC dialects, and in this dialect there was already the wise command EXPLODE. I rember no parameters, an explosion is just an explosion ...
    03-05-15 07:09 AM
    Almost scary situation. My phone got pocket unlocked. When I took it out it said 'unlock attempt 8 of 10' This happened while in my pocket. Imagined just a few more minutes and I would've lost everything on my phone.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-05-15 12:39 PM
    Almost scary situation. My phone got pocket unlocked. When I took it out it said 'unlock attempt 8 of 10' This happened while in my pocket. Imagined just a few more minutes and I would've lost everything on my phone.

I haven't tried this myself, but what they're saying above is that it wouldn't wipe on the tenth attempt because 'blackberry' would be required to be typed in.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 01:41 PM
    BB id identifies who YOU are. BlackBerry Protect associates this id with unique device info. It uses the device info to locate the phone and show it on a map.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct. My BBID is who I am. The glitch here is protect will only show me devices that have been signed in with my bbid.

So after a security wipe my phone is no longer attached to my bbid then in theory logging into protect will no longer see my device.

As I said, I will test with next leak/update.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 04:03 AM

I use cb10 mostly so I have limited view. What device? Also do password version do you use? I can help if I knew those two things.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 04:11 AM
31 12