Not working for me. I open my messages/ hub and "try" to use the search feature to cut time. However when I type in a name it does not filter at all. I don't know why but why?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 11:57 PM
    Anybody there?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 11:55 PM
    Sometimes it doesn't work I believe it's a glitch. Try to close msgs and go into another tab like email then go back to text and try again... it happens then after a few attempts it works again

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 05:54 AM
    Thought the update would fix this. Smh. Nope.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 12:45 PM
    2framezz,

Are you on the latest OS 10.3.2?

I'm still on release 10.3.1.1779 / ver 10.3.1.2576 on my Classic.

The "search" function is either too "lazy" or just doesn't work as effectively as it used to during the legacy OS 7 days.

I consider the BB OS7 as a "true" BlackBerry "golden period". What happended since the advent of OS 10 is not bad though , but, certainly not a genuine / authentic BlackBerry "blood".

I stii have the Bold 9790 and whenever i browse through the "remnants" in its emails / messages, I just miss the experience. How quick it is. Including the "search" function, the camera and the ringtones.

The present ringtone of BLackberry looks too "hollow" .......as if you are hearing a sound from the the end of the pipe.
    06-20-15 01:09 PM
    2framezz,

Are you on the latest OS 10.3.2?

I'm still on release 10.3.1.1779 / ver 10.3.1.2576 on my Classic.

The "search" function is either too "lazy" or just doesn't work as effectively as it used to during the legacy OS 7 days.

I consider the BB OS7 as a "true" BlackBerry "golden period". What happended since the advent of OS 10 is not bad though , but, certainly not a genuine / authentic BlackBerry "blood".

I stii have the Bold 9790 and whenever i browse through the "remnants" in its emails / messages, I just miss the experience. How quick it is. Including the "search" function, the camera and the ringtones.

The present ringtone of BLackberry looks too "hollow" .......as if you are hearing a sound from the the end of the pipe.
    -Yea I'm 2 days in on the new OS but nothing eye catching. You said it right, the search feature is lazy. Homer Simpson lazy and these little flaws are starting to add up.
    06-21-15 10:20 AM
    It's easier to just type from the homescreen and do a search through the assistant rather than directly in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 12:32 PM
    It's easier to just type from the homescreen and do a search through the assistant rather than directly in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Those of us who still cling to OS7 and below have been spoiled in that the Find on Page function is far superior... When you are seeking something within a long winded email or reply it is far more productive to search, type in a line and have it be found as a point of reference... BB10 OS painfully draws this process out, often outright failing... It's about productivity and convenience... When dealing with an email I don't want to have leave the email and toggle between screens to do what I need to do... I want everything I need THERE so I can do what I need to and be done with it. BB10 has too many work-arounds and they impede the powerhouse experience that legacy BBOS offered. Most of these 'small' differences are fairly simple overall which is why it's so frustrating. We're not seeking teleportation here, just a functioning Find on Page, Play All folder option and a few other little odds and end that accelerate productivity...

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 12:44 PM
    Those of us who still cling to OS7 and below have been spoiled in that the Find on Page function is far superior... When you are seeking something within a long winded email or reply it is far more productive to search, type in a line and have it be found as a point of reference... BB10 OS painfully draws this process out, often outright failing... It's about productivity and convenience... When dealing with an email I don't want to have leave the email and toggle between screens to do what I need to do... I want everything I need THERE so I can do what I need to and be done with it. BB10 has too many work-arounds and they impede the powerhouse experience that legacy BBOS offered. Most of these 'small' differences are fairly simple overall which is why it's so frustrating. We're not seeking teleportation here, just a functioning Find on Page, Play All folder option and a few other little odds and end that accelerate productivity...

Posted via CB10
    -Preach!
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-21-15 12:49 PM
    A small point to be noted here.

When i do the "search" In the hub, "search" for a person's name or his email ID, there's a selection from a list of sub-menus available immediately on the left of the "search" text field where you can select the person's name to be searched in "From", "To" "Subject", etc.

Have a suitable sub-menu selected from the drop-down list and see the result if it is any quicker or not.

I found it to be little bit faster.

I stand to be corrected though.

Regards
    06-21-15 02:36 PM
    The thing that disappoints me is that I will search " work schedule" cause I asked my wife what hers is for the next week a while ago and have had plenty of conversation since. The results the presented are good but when you select one it does not take you to the exact place or highlight the word. This makes the search a waste of time cause I could have just went to our convo and scrolled myself for an hour to find that three verse conversation. This is supposed to be a super productivity tool!!!

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-22-15 06:48 AM
    Has any 1 tried this? Plz check if this is of any help.

When i do the "search" In the hub, "search" for a person's name or his email ID, there's a selection from a list of sub-menus available immediately on the left of the "search" text field where you can select the person's name to be searched in "From", "To" "Subject", etc.

Have a suitable sub-menu selected from the drop-down list and see the result if it is any quicker or not.
    06-22-15 01:44 PM
    The thing that disappoints me is that I will search " work schedule" cause I asked my wife what hers is for the next week a while ago and have had plenty of conversation since. The results the presented are good but when you select one it does not take you to the exact place or highlight the word. This makes the search a waste of time cause I could have just went to our convo and scrolled myself for an hour to find that three verse conversation. This is supposed to be a super productivity tool!!!

Posted via CB10
    -Exactly! It should take you directly there, something like the search when using Web browser.
    06-22-15 02:34 PM
    Has any 1 tried this? Plz check if this is of any help.

-I tired this but it seems to lag as well. I'll type my search and then click "from"....nothing will happen...click "to"...then it works. Why can't it just work on "all field"
    06-22-15 02:40 PM