Had the Classic now for a couple weeks and I transferred my SD card from my passport with no problems. Today I noticed I can't access any of the files on the card. The device doesn't seem to recognize that their is an SD card inserted. I removed the card and reinserted, after I did a system restart, thinking it may have just been a system hiccup, and a pop up showed that the card was inserted. I still can't access any of those files and the device seems to not know a card is present. I am a busy health care professional and a quick search on this forum turned up nothing, leading me to now have to go online for my research needs as I can't access the content on my SD card. I am turning to the members of this forum/community for help as I must get back to caring for my patients. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or links to threads that I may have overlooked in my admittedly rushed and frantic search.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 12:27 PM
    You also reset/restart the phone? I think it's a software glitch.. or reload your OS?

Posted via my awesome Classic
    05-29-15 04:15 PM
    Have you waited for the SD card to load and settle in??

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 04:24 PM
    I restarted the phone, no luck. And just checked the SD card again and it's still not recognizing it.

Can SD cards just go bad?!?! I have so many important papers, office documents, pdfs, and not to mention all my pics.

Now that I am finally home I can load the card into my old Passport, and yes, I just realized I described my Passport as "old". Guess I'm so content with the Classic now.

I'd prefer to not mess with reloading the OS, mainly because I don't have much experience with that level of manipulation.

Thank you both for responding. This is why I love this community

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:47 PM
    I restarted the phone, no luck. And just checked the SD card again and it's still not recognizing it.

Can SD cards just go bad?!?! I have so many important papers, office documents, pdfs, and not to mention all my pics.

Now that I am finally home I can load the card into my old Passport, and yes, I just realized I described my Passport as "old". Guess I'm so content with the Classic now.

I'd prefer to not mess with reloading the OS, mainly because I don't have much experience with that level of manipulation.

Thank you both for responding. This is why I love this community

Posted via CB10
    SD cards can go bad, maybe it's damaged beyond repair. Try hooking it up to a computer to see if the files are there. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:49 PM
    Will do. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 07:51 PM
    Don't want to be alarming but like others said, SD can and do go bad. I had the exact same experience. SD was not recognized by phone and laptop.. kept it safe in a drawer in case, like Walt Disney, it could be saved in not so distant future..

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-29-15 08:28 PM
    SD cards are more or less prone to simply go bad. The easiest way checking for the problem is rather simple:
    Hook the card up to a computer, laptop or at least another device like tablet or smartphone. Check if you can see and access the content.

Get another SD card and try it in your BlackBerry, if the new one also has issues, it's most likely be a problem with your Berry rather than the card.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 02:46 AM
    So I put the card in the Passport and nada. Grabbed another SD card and it works fine. Learned my lesson on this one, SD cards are not as reliable as jump drives!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice. It is much appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 01:31 PM
    This happened to me a few weeks ago. I hooked it up to my sister's (my old) computer and the SD card would no longer read. Had pictures on the card that I thought were gone. It took me about 2 or 3 days of googling on my current computer to get them back. I forget the step by step process but it involved running chkdsk and /r from the command prompt. After Windows did it's thing, everything was back to normal as nothing had happened. I copied the stuff and reformatted just to be sure. Basically it's just the file registry messed up hence you can't get to the files.
    05-30-15 11:38 PM
    Found the steps I followed to get the card readable again:

1. Place the 'damaged' mini sd card into the reader that came w/ the card, and mount it to pc card reader slot. I received a confirmation beep 'device detected' sound, then the message 'e:\ not accessible, the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable'. The letter of your card reader drive may vary depending on your computer
    2. Open the start menu and type Run, this will open a command window where you will type CMD and click ok. This will open a DOS window.
    3. In the new DOS window enter the following Chkdsk e: /r (replace 'e' with the drive letter associated with your SD Card, make sure you enter the spaces properly). Press enter and the PC will begin reading the contents of the damaged SD card (most of the android zip files located, as well there were a number of files w/ no content). After the read completed I received my SD Card 'Auto Play' pop up window and my remaining files were accessible again
    4. Type exit in the DOS window and press enter to close.
    05-31-15 12:11 AM
    I assume any SD card reader I order online would work? I can't seem to find the one that came with this particular card

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 05:25 AM
    Yes, as long as it supports SD cards. Please note: Not all card readers have native micro-SD slots, so you might need to get a micro-SD to SD adapter.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 08:34 AM
    Thank you. I'll give this a shot. Greatly appreciate the instructions! Fingers crossed

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 09:04 AM