I just got my Classic yesterday and so far I love it. But as the title of the post says, the screen will not consistently light up when I receive a new email or text. It will periodically but not all of the time. I've double checked the settings and it is set to turn on. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 06:30 PM
    Try turning the setting for it 'off' and then 'on' again. Then try a restart.

If that doesn't work, it might be a bug on your os. You might want to update to a newer os using the non-destructive 'blitz'

What os are you currently running?

Posted via CB10
    namichael likes this.
    05-03-15 06:34 PM
    I've tried the on/off reset. I'm running 10.3.1.841 purchased from AT&T.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    05-03-15 06:39 PM
    If your battery is in "save" mode, it won't light up if it's setup that way. That might explain the intermittent nature of the problem.
    namichael likes this.
    05-03-15 06:41 PM
    I thought of that too but it hasn't been on save mode while I've been experiencing this problem. Is there a chance that one of the android apps I've loaded has caused this glitch. My apologies if that is a noob question but this is my first BB10 phone. The last BlackBerry I had was the torch 9800.

05-03-15 06:46 PM
    I thought of that too but it hasn't been on save mode while I've been experiencing this problem. Is there a chance that one of the android apps I've loaded has caused this glitch. My apologies if that is a noob question but this is my first BB10 phone. The last BlackBerry I had was the torch 9800.

No. Android apps can't actually access the BlackBerry settings for security reasons so it wouldn't be able to do this.

My guess, it's a bug on your os. Search on the forums how to use sachesi to update your os

Posted via CB10
    namichael likes this.
    05-03-15 06:48 PM
    Will updating to a non AT&T software void the warranty?

05-03-15 06:52 PM
    Will updating to a non AT&T software void the warranty?

No. And even if it did, they have no way of finding out. And even if they could, it wouldn't matter because updating via sachesi (non-destructively) means that you're installing an os that was released by a different carrier which means that it was carrier approved.

So in other words, it doesn't really matter

Posted via CB10
    namichael likes this.
    05-03-15 07:11 PM
    Excellent. What's the most recent stable version for the Classic?

05-03-15 07:14 PM
    I would recommend updating to OS 10.3.1.2744, it's very stable and likely the last release for 10.3.1 since development is now focused on 10.3.2. You can update via Sachesi, or use an autoloader.
    namichael likes this.
    05-03-15 10:24 PM
    All versions of 10.3.1 have this 'bug'
    Since it uses the proximity sensor, and a whole bunch of other sensors to check if the phone is moving, standing upright, flat on its back/face, it seems it doesn't always work well.
    I haven't tried the latest leaked version, but up to 10.3.1.2576 there is no permanent fix.
    namichael likes this.
    05-03-15 11:49 PM
    All versions of 10.3.1 have this 'bug'
    Since it uses the proximity sensor, and a whole bunch of other sensors to check if the phone is moving, standing upright, flat on its back/face, it seems it doesn't always work well.
    I haven't tried the latest leaked version, but up to 10.3.1.2576 there is no permanent fix.
    mad_mdx so this is a known issue? Wasn't sure since I hadn't seen any other threads. Other than this small issue I love the Classic. Since I just got it Saturday I'm still inside my return window. I'm considering swapping it out for a different one just to make sure it isn't a hardware issue with one of the sensors you mentioned.
    05-04-15 06:10 AM
    mad_mdx so this is a known issue? Wasn't sure since I hadn't seen any other threads. Other than this small issue I love the Classic. Since I just got it Saturday I'm still inside my return window. I'm considering swapping it out for a different one just to make sure it isn't a hardware issue with one of the sensors you mentioned.
    If you want to see if it's a problem with your sensors, turn off all your 'advanced interactions' settings and then see if it works.

If it still doesn't work, it's a software bug

Posted via CB10
    namichael likes this.
    05-04-15 06:48 AM
    Turn off all notifications. Reboot. Turn them on again. Reboot. Works for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 10:12 AM
    It's definitely known for me.
    I dont think the phone is broken, since my z30 and my passports (3 of them, replaced two for cosmetic reasons) did the same. It just seems the feature would rather be safe than sorry, to avoid pocket texting/dialing
    05-04-15 11:15 AM