After listening to feedback, BlackBerry has decided to release multiple configurations of the Classic.

First, to please those that want as much power as possible, they have a version with a 2.2 ghz quad core, matching the Passport, but since a new Andriod has recently been released with a 2.8 Quad Core, they are not happy.

On the other end, to please the "specs don't matter crowd" also known as the "I just want a BB10 version of a 9900", they have released a classic with a single core 1.2 GHZ and 768 MG of ram.
    The andriod runtime has been removed since there isn't enough ram and only the hub and limited browsing of mobile sites are available.
    However, since it still has "specs" and that "gigahurts thingy", that sounds too much like an Android phone and so we won't be happy about it.

Lastly, a version with a 1.7 GHz cpu and chipset matching the z30 is released offering a good balance of price and performance for a mid tier phone.
    It sells like no BlackBerry device has for years to people's who want a productivity power house.

Oh, and before you reply, please read the title again :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 11:06 AM
    After listening to feedback, BlackBerry has decided to release multiple configurations of the Classic.

First, to please those that want as much power as possible, they have a version with a 2.2 ghz quad core, matching the Passport, but since a new Andriod has recently been released with a 2.8 Quad Core, they are not happy.

On the other end, to please the "specs don't matter crowd" also known as the "I just want a BB10 version of a 9900", they have released a classic with a single core 1.2 GHZ and 768 MG of ram.
    The andriod runtime has been removed since there isn't enough ram and only the hub and limited browsing of mobile sites are available.
    However, since it still has "specs" and that "gigahurts thingy", that sounds too much like an Android phone and so we won't be happy about it.

Lastly, a version with a 1.7 GHz cpu and chipset matching the z30 is released offering a good balance of price and performance for a mid tier phone.
    It sells like no BlackBerry device has for years to people's who want a productivity power house.

Posted via CB10
    ROFL. If this was only true!

Why make everybody happy?
    11-26-14 11:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    I would totally buy the 2.2GHz version even though I'd be fine with the 1.7GHz version. :-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-26-14 11:41 AM
    I would totally buy the 2.2GHz version even though I'd be fine with the 1.7GHz version. :-)

So would I, if it was 450. Or even $500 but not if it was $600 or more.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-26-14 11:58 AM
    I should note that the reason I would not spend $600 is that it's out of my budget.

If they really did make a high end version for $600, I would not mind that at all.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-26-14 12:05 PM
    Yah, $600 unlocked is not a bad price at all for a phone with decent specs. But if it's 1.7 or lower it definitely needs to be significantly cheaper...

Mr4aces likes this.
    11-26-14 12:55 PM
    Nicely done!
    11-26-14 01:00 PM
    Clearly.. if BlackBerry were smart they would release classic that has z30ish specs.. it would be a not-all-that-bad compromise for customers from both sides of the spectrum..

Let's see what happens..

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-26-14 01:09 PM
    Clearly.. if BlackBerry were smart they would release classic that has z30ish specs.. it would be a not-all-that-bad compromise for customers from both sides of the spectrum..

Let's see what happens..

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and I think (hope) they will. We know prerelease prototypes don't always reflect the final configuration.

He z30 is only 225 right now but still, I find myself really wanting that classic form factor.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'll take a number 5, no mayo, extra pickles...
    lactose likes this.
    11-26-14 02:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'll take a number 5, no mayo, extra pickles...
    I'll take a #1 hold the straight keyboard add the ergonomic keyboard, extra charging pad, dual SIM slot and radio frequency to cover all US carriers and the world.
    11-26-14 02:56 PM
    Think of 9700 / 9780 / 9900 .
    11-26-14 03:19 PM