I went to a Rogers store this morning to replace my sim card on my classic. I was given a new sim at no cost. However, now it shows 4GLTE whereas with the previous sim the phone always displays LTE. In addition, now when making a phone call, the phone displays 3G not 4G as previously.

Anyone else noticed this change on Rogers BlackBerry phones?

Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 11:28 AM
    I'm on Rogers using a factory unlocked Z30. Haven't noticed anything different, except that I do sometimes have Rogers-EXT now from time to time with the roaming icon, because of their new roaming agreement with Bell and Telus in areas of poor Rogers coverage.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-23-15 11:34 AM
    Never noticed that one. I have not noticed any difference in phone performance with the 4GLTE vs LTE. Only other difference I noticed is that it no longer have LTE, and 4G/3G and 2G n or 4G and 3G and 2G settings in mobile network. All of the previous setting have been changed.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 11:40 AM
    Which Sim card did you update to? Last fall I upgraded to a Rogers Suretap SIM.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-23-15 01:02 PM
    I've seen this happen previously with the BlackBerry Z10, and there were two ways of sorting it out, one of which is a little more time consuming. The first option is to simply power cycle the device a few times. The second option is to turn off the phone, remove the SIM card, turn it on without the SIM card, shut it down and reinsert the SIM card, turn phone back on and wait a few minutes after it has started up, then restart it again.

What is happening is for whatever reason the Rogers-specific customizations for BlackBerry 10 aren't being applied, which are what tell the phone to display LTE instead of 4GLTE, 4G instead of 3G or H, and a few other tweaks (on some devices, there is also a Rogers splash screen on boot and shut down but I'm not sure if this applies to the Classic).
    salexs11 likes this.
    03-23-15 03:05 PM
    I've seen this happen previously with the BlackBerry Z10, and there were two ways of sorting it out, one of which is a little more time consuming. The first option is to simply power cycle the device a few times. The second option is to turn off the phone, remove the SIM card, turn it on without the SIM card, shut it down and reinsert the SIM card, turn phone back on and wait a few minutes after it has started up, then restart it again.

What is happening is for whatever reason the Rogers-specific customizations for BlackBerry 10 aren't being applied, which are what tell the phone to display LTE instead of 4GLTE, 4G instead of 3G or H, and a few other tweaks (on some devices, there is also a Rogers splash screen on boot and shut down but I'm not sure if this applies to the Classic).
    Thanks. I tried your second option it worked. Thanks very much.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 08:05 PM
    Glad to hear that those steps resolved your issue, you're very welcome.
    transportin likes this.
    03-23-15 08:18 PM
    You should work for Rogers technical. I spoke with Rogers technical service and they had no clue what was going on.

I have changed the sim on my Z10 a few times and the LTE display was never affected.

The performance of the phone was never affected, but I prefer the LTE display vs the 4GLTE display.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 08:27 PM
    Thanks for posting this thread. Last week or so my Passport has been showing 4G rather than LTE and it was very annoying ( I know really ).

Switched SIMS at the Rogers store yesterday to no avail.

I will try option 1 AND 2 and hope for the best after the autoloader finishes installing DOH!!!!

I thought for sure it must have been from "leak" after "leak"
    04-09-15 05:46 PM
    I just see LTE on my Rogers Classic, but during phone calls it changes to H.
    04-10-15 07:49 PM
    I was under the impression that the LTE on Rogers only carries data and voice calls are still carried on HSPA or 3G.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 10:34 PM
    I was under the impression that the LTE on Rogers only carries data and voice calls are still carried on HSPA or 3G.

Posted via CB10
    That is correct, Rogers is currently in the process of rolling out Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) however its availability is limited to the LG G3 Vigor at this time.
    04-11-15 07:48 PM
    I see LTE on my classic and passport when on Rogers in Downtown Vancouver but when making a call they do drop to 3G as well
    04-12-15 07:13 PM
    Sounds like a defective sim! It should not give you 4GLTE! Most major cities runs Lte max and so you should get the LTE letters in bold and large not small! It means you are not connecting to LTE max replace your sim.

And when I'm on a call my phones icon goes to 4G.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    04-24-15 04:52 AM

Thanks, the second option also worked for me.
    05-25-15 10:53 PM