I have been using the Priv for the past 10 days and it feels great to be back to my Classic! I enjoyed the Priv, the app selection, the keyboard, the camera especially. After about day 7 I had already began to miss my classics keyboard, and the quickness of pretty much everything.
    I was temped to wait for the Marshmallow update, as I heard the battery would improve significantly. Needless to say, I came to the conclusion that even a better battery wouldn't make me want to keep it for my primary phone.
    It all comes down to personal preference. I'm a productivity based person and I feel like the classic simply has a spiritual aura that keeps me attached to its OS and keyboard.

I will hold on to the Classic until death do us part...

Sincerely,
    Keyboard Fanatic

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 06:39 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I really love my Classic. I also think that I am in the minority who is not concerned with the quantity of apps, but the quality. There is a sense of satisfaction that I get while using the Classic's keyboard. Something quite nice about a tactile device. The only thing that is a hinders me are my 48 year old eyes. That's why I keep a Passport as a sidekick. Honestly, there are days when I wish I could fully commit to my Passport. Alas, the Classic just has that perfect design that feels most natural to me.

Here's to BB10, the best OS that no one knows about
    M_Ward likes this.
    04-25-16 07:10 AM
    The Classic really is a great phone. Lots of people will argue that it is an inferior device due to the specs, but there will always be devices out there that have better specs.

Take cars for example. My Honda Civic certainly doesn't have as good specs as an Acura, but the humble little Civic does the job for me, and there's no need then for anything more powerful.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 10:50 AM
    Specs are overrated. Innovation on the other hand...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:30 AM
    Specs are overrated. Innovation on the other hand...

Posted via CB10
    Innovation takes money in research and development. And as long as the "big two" can be cocmfortable with 50% marketshare each, there isn't likely to be any new innovations anytime soon... Most likely innovations would come in another field and the smartphone companies will simply slap that new tech onto their phones randomly as a new gimmick.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Trist likes this.
    04-26-16 07:47 AM
    That bar shaped phone will Come back on Android plateform sadly,til then ill stand by my Classics side

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-26-16 09:18 AM
    Innovation takes money in research and development. And as long as the "big two" can be cocmfortable with 50% marketshare each, there isn't likely to be any new innovations anytime soon... Most likely innovations would come in another field and the smartphone companies will simply slap that new tech onto their phones randomly as a new gimmick.

Yeah, what happened to good ol' days of WebOS (Palm), Windows mobile, Android, BlackBerry, iOS, and Symbian? When you think about back then, it's amazing how far iOS came (because we all know it was crap, didn't even have multi-tasking! Speaking of which, WebOS was first smartphone with true multi-tasking and had "cards" as apps and gestures like the current BBOS10.

But it's great to find companies, like Nextbit Robin, trying to be different albeit still android. You're absolutely right about R&D, I can't imagine how hard it is to cook up an OS from scratch, not to mention all the legalities that'll prevent competition.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 01:49 PM
    Yeah, what happened to good ol' days of WebOS (Palm), Windows mobile, Android, BlackBerry, iOS, and Symbian? When you think about back then, it's amazing how far iOS came (because we all know it was crap, didn't even have multi-tasking! Speaking of which, WebOS was first smartphone with true multi-tasking and had "cards" as apps and gestures like the current BBOS10.

But it's great to find companies, like Nextbit Robin, trying to be different albeit still android. You're absolutely right about R&D, I can't imagine how hard it is to cook up an OS from scratch, not to mention all the legalities that'll prevent competition.

Posted via CB10
    I wish consumers will wake up and realize that slapping old tech onto the phones is not innovation one day, otherwise this whole trend of everyone having the same exact phone with a different name attached to them will only get worse...

BlackQtCoder and Trist like this.
    04-26-16 02:19 PM
    Passport and Classic are the best BlackBerry devices ever made imho.

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 and Trist like this.
    04-26-16 02:31 PM
    Classic is a great phone. I'll probably try one of the new android BB's coming later this year but I may find myself coming back to the Classic.
    Trist likes this.
    04-26-16 05:59 PM
    Totally agree with you guys. They just don't make it like a BlackBerry anymore. Probably will end up buying another Classic before it goes completely out of stock. Maybe a Passport too. I wanna have a piece of BlackBerry history and last of their finest OS.

I'm confident it'll still remain relevant for few years.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 08:12 PM
    I was looking to buy a new one after the loss of my Classic and I saw this :
    Return to The Classic-img_20160428_002159.png

And I can save more than 17000 � !
    Wow ! Big deal !

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 05:26 PM
    You rocking the BlackBerry Classic... now you have some class! :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 06:39 PM
    It's crazy how the little brother of the powerful Passport has such a pull on me. I can't get rid of it. No matter what phone I use, I always end up back on the classic.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    04-29-16 10:43 PM
    It's crazy how the little brother of the powerful Passport has such a pull on me. I can't get rid of it. No matter what phone I use, I always end up back on the classic.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    Yeah, it's definitely a looker. A classy-lookin', eye-catching, business-like, sleek and sexy of a phone.

I'm starting to want a Passport, because I bet it catches much attention as well! (but the lack of toolbelt and 1-hand use difficulty might deter me..)

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 05:01 PM
    Passport and Classic are the best BlackBerry devices ever made imho.

Posted via CB10
    I can't speak on the Passport, it never came to Verizon ;(... But I'm gonna rock this Classic forever! (or as long as I can).

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    04-30-16 05:06 PM
    I have been using the Priv for the past 10 days and it feels great to be back to my Classic! I enjoyed the Priv, the app selection, the keyboard, the camera especially. After about day 7 I had already began to miss my classics keyboard, and the quickness of pretty much everything.
    I was temped to wait for the Marshmallow update, as I heard the battery would improve significantly. Needless to say, I came to the conclusion that even a better battery wouldn't make me want to keep it for my primary phone.
    It all comes down to personal preference. I'm a productivity based person and I feel like the classic simply has a spiritual aura that keeps me attached to its OS and keyboard.

I will hold on to the Classic until death do us part...

Sincerely,
    Keyboard Fanatic

Posted via CB10
    HA! Love the post! Classic is the best phone ever!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    04-30-16 05:08 PM
    My dad had a classic, it ended up breaking but it was a great phone.
    04-30-16 05:46 PM
    The screen broke on my PP so I'm using my Classic now I must say after two weeks it is growing on me. It's the little engine that can. If only the screen was a little bigger with Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 06:27 PM
    Feel free to sell me the priv!!
    05-02-16 12:59 AM