Realized my emails were not sending on my Classic when it was on Wi-Fi. Had no problem receiving emails while on Wi-Fi. No problem sending or receiving when working on Verizon network.

Verizon couldn't figure out the problem and referred me to BlackBerry Support. We had gone through checking out wireless router issues and resetting the email account. I tried to get Verizon to understand I could receive on Wi-Fi and surf the internet, just not send emails so I didn't see how those things could be the problem.

With BB Support's help, they pretty quickly discovered I had to use an alternative port number to the default I use on my laptop for smtpout. BB Support said the ultimate email hosting service is Go Daddy, though that is not the company I am subscribing to for email service. I hadn't realized this. Apparently there is some kind of conflict At any rate, the default port for smtpout was 25. Changing the smtpout to 80 solved the problem.

Just a tip in case anyone else discovers they are having the same or similar problem.
    03-08-15 06:21 AM
    Interesting to hear their comment on GoDaddy. I've used them for Hosted Exchange for years. Had issues from time to time, but they always stuck with it and got it resolved.

Tour > Bold 9930 > Classic SQC100-3
    03-08-15 02:55 PM
    Interesting to hear their comment on GoDaddy. I've used them for Hosted Exchange for years. Had issues from time to time, but they always stuck with it and got it resolved.

Interesting indeed as someone on theses boards still has issues and using their service lol. Best yeah right.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:38 AM

BB Support said they really didn't know what the exact problem was. I think for Go Daddy, the IMAP outgoing port default just needs to be 80 because I'd had a problem sending emails with my laptop only when I was at home where I have Suddenlink...which after I changed its smtpout port setting from 25 to 80, it could also send emails at home. A few years ago Suddenlink support had said they didn't support IMAP and was surprised I could receive emails. So I didn't try further to resolve the home email issue...which does go to show how much they know.
    03-09-15 06:36 AM
    Go Daddy for me does not work , I can not get it to link to the BB. BB does not know why? Also it take 5- 20 minutes for an email to go through.

Spent 18 hours with BB and not solved....
    03-25-15 09:57 PM
    Hi, I have tried to change the smtp port from 25 to 80 but it won't accept it. I'm in the UK, does this make a difference.
    09-14-15 07:17 AM
    GoDaddy is as sleazy and shady as they come... I refuse to utilize their services or contribute to their opulence in any form... No surprise they're flaccid in basic functionality as well...

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 07:27 AM