View Poll Results: Which do you prefer for the classic Removable battery or non-removable battery

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry Classic NEEDS a Removable battery ASAP!

56 72.73%
  • I don't care about the battery at all (long as the phone works)

20 25.97%
  • I don't know what on earth Blackberry are doing....

4 5.19%
  • Bring back the 'BOLD'

5 6.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Removable battery is a must! I don't care how long the non-removable batteries claim to last. There is always an instance where an app drains your battery for one reason or another. It is disappointing that they are moving in this direction.

Posted via CB10
    Not a must for a lot of people.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    04-05-15 03:06 PM
    I bought the Classic as soon as Verizon had it in the store (and by "it" I mean"it" b/c they literally had one for sale. The other one was on display as far back as possible to still be considered a display and not the Employee's Only Area). I would definitely prefer it to have a removable battery like my beloved 9900 series did. It kind of bothers me and I am keeping the old phones just in case there are problems with this long term. Gotta also toss this in and say OMG WHAT WERE THEY THINKING with this crappy calendar?!?!
    04-05-15 03:21 PM
    Plus, if you really drill down to it. If you follow the Apple route with a non-removable battery, all you create is an Apple clone. And if you are trying to copy by definition you are trying not to differentiate yourself. Just look at Sony and HTC, their phones get good reviews but don't sell. Why? Because if you go for a full touchscreen device with a non-removable battery. Guess what, Apple sells one at the same price.

Posted via CB10
    Cloning the leader only validates the leader. I kept management out of iPhones for YEARS by stressing the importance of PKB, Toolbelt AND swappable batteries for our operation. Z10s we tried 9 months at least had swappable batts. Q10s lacked toolbelt. NOW we get PKB and Toolbelt but no swappable batt!!! Ahrg!!! Soooo.... our IT guy has been pushing for an awful Casio with swappable batts and i turn around and convince management we need fixed batt Classics.... Now management asks: "why didn't we just get iPhones to begin with?" ??

Apple must have been right all along, i guess. Dummy me. lol
    04-05-15 05:21 PM
    Non removable for sure. The whole point is to engineer more room for more battery space. Non removable battery can increase space for about 30 more battery storage.
    04-05-15 05:25 PM
    Not a must for a lot of people.

How many users would REFUSE to buy a swappable battery Classic?

Would BB really loose more sales with a swappable battery than it is loosing with a fixed battery?? IDK. I certainly have no inside info on BB's market research. Something to think about, tho.
    04-05-15 05:35 PM
    Good question. I doubt most people think about it other than phones with non removable batteries seem to have a sleeker design that most people like.

04-05-15 05:50 PM
    Non removable for sure. The whole point is to engineer more room for more battery space. Non removable battery can increase space for about 30 more battery storage.
    Classic's fixed battery is about 15% larger according to BB:

Re: What are the motives for the non-removable bat... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Paratek and other technologies must account for quite a bit of the Classic's impressive endurance, IMO.

Battery capacity, in itself, is a cleaver diversion from the real issue of device thickness. I, personally, feel the Classic is TOO thin. Uncomfortably so, IMO.

3600mAh aftermarket batts in my 9900 provide DAYs of endurance but i STILL carry, and too often use, a spare. The added thickness assists reliable grip. I've ordered a 5000mAh aftermarket batt to try in the 99. Hoping it's not an eBay hoax. We'll see. Try THAT with a fixed batt device...

Oh well, it is what it is. We at least get a toolbelt BB10 device!
    04-05-15 06:01 PM
    I actually prefer what a unibody experience provides but I want removable battery option but at the same time it last long enough

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    04-06-15 03:46 PM
    REMOVEABLE OR AT LEAST REPLACEABLE BY A REPAIR SHOP PLEASE!!!!
    The clueless, new blackberry lovers like me don't know what we've got ourselves into .. until SPLASH~
    Yes I dropped my beloved new blackberry classic in the tub. Stupid - yea I know. I took it out, dried it out, got it to tech company the next day. No corrosion, no damage except my battery is fried. Now they tell me my phone is garbage. Excuse me WHAT? Yes I screwed up, but not even a service shop can replace my battery? This is what I'm told.
    I had no idea. I cannot afford a brand new phone, I'm on a contract.
    No idea what to do COMMON
    someone help!
    Last edited by k8fish; 04-09-15 at 03:57 PM. Reason: missed a line
    04-09-15 03:53 PM
    Has blackberry made any public decision on why they dropped removable batts? Seems like a dumb one to me.... this is obviously down to chens choice.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:07 PM
    No removable battery is a very poor design decision. The reason why the original blackberry was so successful was long battery life (measured in days). How could the new CEO not know this? We'll be staying with our Bold 9900 and spare battery until this is fixed.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    04-17-15 06:09 AM
    What i've always wondered is this and maybe this is a polling idea for Crackberry.

How many people would give up on Blackberry if it gives up entirely on removable batteries vs. How many would leave Blackberry if it decides to stay with non-removable batteries only. I think many more will move on to Apple and Android if removable batteries are gone then the other way around. In fact I predict that will be the beginning of the sale process of Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 09:53 AM
    Removable or non removable battery phones is just not important issue to be addressed. Even iphone doesn't allow you to remove battery but people still all over them
    The issue is that batterries crap out after 2-3 years. if it's not removebale then you have to get a new phone. That can be very expensive, no?
    04-18-15 09:38 PM
    I don't care about a replaceable battery. I'd rather have a device with good battery life and fast recharge.
    04-19-15 07:27 PM
    I hope classic 2 will have more beefy spec with removable battery.
    04-20-15 11:01 PM
    I agree. I am dreaming of this - https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/425
    04-30-15 08:23 PM
    I'd buy a Blackberry Classic in a heartbeat if it had a removable battery. I work in remote areas and don't always have access to a charger, so I carry a spare. Useful battery life is usually 2-3 years at most before performance drops off. Who wants to shell out another $400 in a few years for another phone?! Not to mention how totally un-green it is to dump phones in a landfill just because you can't get a simple replacement battery. Come on Blackberry, reclaim your conscience for offering a truly service-oriented tool instead of following the Apple's wasteful marketing decisions. Sticking with my old phone until a classic becomes available with a removable battery. I want to be able to upgrade a phone on my own terms -- not a battery's!
    hlg8888 likes this.
    05-08-15 09:43 PM
    REMOVEABLE OR AT LEAST REPLACEABLE BY A REPAIR SHOP PLEASE!!!!
    The clueless, new blackberry lovers like me don't know what we've got ourselves into .. until SPLASH~
    Yes I dropped my beloved new blackberry classic in the tub. Stupid - yea I know. I took it out, dried it out, got it to tech company the next day. No corrosion, no damage except my battery is fried. Now they tell me my phone is garbage. Excuse me WHAT? Yes I screwed up, but not even a service shop can replace my battery? This is what I'm told.
    I had no idea. I cannot afford a brand new phone, I'm on a contract.
    No idea what to do COMMON
    someone help!
    .....not for nothing, you are so attached to your device you took into the tub to run bath water lol you don't shower? You assumed the risk, now file the insurance claim or buy a new device you sound silly you knew before you bought the device WILLINGLY that it didn't have removable battery or shop repair albeit RIM has a plan it's $3.99 if it's not too late for you to sign up......your post mocks a device you bought on your own will yet you complain about it because of your poor choices...........humans -_-
    I bet you a politician ain't cha! Voted for Regan i'm sure

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-09-15 02:44 AM
    Ummmmmmm it's safe to say most people are getting a new device every year now if not every 2! So if the battery last 2+ years capacity I fail to see the issue...80% of Classic users are gonna "upgrade' to the Classic 2 much like the Note series etc.....

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 T-Mobile 4G LTE
    05-09-15 02:47 AM
    Now that Chen is on Twitter, I've been bugging him about putting a removable battery on the Classic. I'd recommend you do the same.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    05-12-15 05:08 PM
    Here's a screenshot of the Tweet:

Removable battery vs non-removable battery (Classic)-img_20150515_161538_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    BbClassic and hlg8888 like this.
    05-15-15 06:17 PM
    I am so angry about this battery issue. I am on my 3rd classic phone since Aug 2015 and I am now shopping on line for a Bold 9930 which is what I replaced with the Classic. It is unacceptable to lose all of my personal information because of a failed battery. I should not have to be paranoid and back my phone up every single day just in case and I will not get in to how horrible that process is with this Blackberry link nonsense. I just returned from a weekend and put my phone on a charger Sunday night on my nightstand the phone phone fell all of 19" to the ground and just like that failed battery and I've lost very important vital pics and info from the trip. My last back up was a week prior. I can't take this. Its not just pics. Its the voicenotes, videos and the "remember" section. I take important notes with the Blackberry and I can't access them and lose those as well. At least with the 9930 I could just plug in and get into my phone. The Link is terrible, its not user friendly and does not grant access easily. It does not allow you the option to save your backed up data in other places other than to the computer. I use Link on house computer and I don't want my information backed up to a computer any and everyone has access to. It drops connection all the time and it also connects to other peoples computers remotely allowing them to see or access your pics data.

I have insurance and have not sent back my two dead Classics because I WANT MY PERSONAL ITEMS LOST IN THESE PHONES. I want to sue for the cost because by not sending back the duds I was charged hundreds of dollars on my Verizon bill. I want my personal pics, voice notes, written notes, videos and text messages back. I just ordered a Bold 9930. I am really afraid I will be forced to move to a phone with no qwerty if the Bold really becomes obsolete. They should do a Bold reboot with the new technology and leave everything else the same including its ability to work with Blend and access the phone without using any software, just as if its a flash drive. It needs to be rebooted because Verizon won't service, insure or replace these phones. I should have known there would be trouble when I could never port anything over from my Bold 9930 other than a contact list.
    07-30-16 09:59 AM
197 ... 678