If this is better suited to the Verizon forum, mods feel free to move it.

So I've noticed on my VZW Classic that my "R" key is kind of mushy/not-very-clicky and it has shown in many typing errors with that key. It has a distinctly different feel than every other key on the keyboard. (Is there a way for me to fix this??)

This morning I called Verizon customer service inquiring about an exchange for a new device within the 14 day "worry free guarantee". They informed me that since my device was purchased on the Edge program, I have to do the exchange in store and they aren't willing to ship me a new device. That's all well and good, BUT none of my local stores have any!! I'd have to travel significantly out of my way to get to one of the few that have one in stock. Verizon refuses to ship a unit to my local store for the exchange and the stores will not transfer inventory amongst each other.

Their solution was for me to go into a store with no inventory, return the phone, and order a new one. To me, this is unacceptable. Why should I have to go without a phone because they have no inventory/won't even send a phone to their own store??

Am I being unreasonable?

Sorry, just felt like venting a little.

Posted via CB10 on my Big Red Classic!
    03-11-15 12:30 PM
    That does bite. Too bad this probably only happens when it's a bb.
    03-11-15 12:41 PM
    If this is better suited to the Verizon forum, mods feel free to move it.

So I've noticed on my VZW Classic that my "R" key is kind of mushy/not-very-clicky and it has shown in many typing errors with that key. It has a distinctly different feel than every other key on the keyboard. (Is there a way for me to fix this??)

This morning I called Verizon customer service inquiring about an exchange for a new device within the 14 day "worry free guarantee". They informed me that since my device was purchased on the Edge program, I have to do the exchange in store and they aren't willing to ship me a new device. That's all well and good, BUT none of my local stores have any!! I'd have to travel significantly out of my way to get to one of the few that have one in stock. Verizon refuses to ship a unit to my local store for the exchange and the stores will not transfer inventory amongst each other.

Their solution was for me to go into a store with no inventory, return the phone, and order a new one. To me, this is unacceptable. Why should I have to go without a phone because they have no inventory/won't even send a phone to their own store??

Am I being unreasonable?

Sorry, just felt like venting a little.

This would never happen at T+Mobile.......... ^_^

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-11-15 10:12 PM
    But seriously I don't get why consumers let voluntary actions get them upset. ......switch carriers it's to simple. And I don't wanna hear about Verizon service. Other networks are just as good if not better. I have no issues with T+Mobile. I had a repair issue with Sprint years ago didn't like the service so I left...I'm not loyal to a company. There is no loyalty in the workforce or consumerism. If you soooo bothered....leave verHizon! B too simple. Take there Edge and shove it

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-11-15 10:16 PM
    But seriously I don't get why consumers let voluntary actions get them upset. ......switch carriers it's to simple. And I don't wanna hear about Verizon service. Other networks are just as good if not better. I have no issues with T+Mobile. I had a repair issue with Sprint years ago didn't like the service so I left...I'm not loyal to a company. There is no loyalty in the workforce or consumerism. If you soooo bothered....leave verHizon! B too simple. Take there Edge and shove it

Verizon is literally the only network that can even send a text from my apartment. T-mobile in my area is a complete joke. AT&T is 2nd to verizon but isn't all that comparable. Sprint is laughable as well.

kbz1960 likes this.
    03-11-15 10:39 PM
    Call VZN and when prompted for the reason for your call, say "cancel". That will get you to retention. You should be good there. Just explain the situation.

Posted via CB10
    jfolland and lactose like this.
    03-11-15 10:40 PM
    Either policies have changed, or you really need to talk to a different person there. Every time I've done an exchange with Verizon they've sent me the new device and I sent the defective one back in the same box or returned to a store (depending on type of exchange). Bottom line, I always had the new one before the old one went back.
    03-11-15 10:45 PM
    Bought my phone from Amazon, a month after the return period is over, mentioned the possibility of what to do if I have problems, immediately get return label to get a full refund... Ordered the AT&T version from Amazon, then shipped my old one back to Amazon, should have credit in my account in a few days. So, yep, you should be mad, Amazon is an example of how customer service should be.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-11-15 11:37 PM

You're wrong. Tmo and ATT are bricks where I go. What good are they if your phone doesn't have a connection?
    03-12-15 07:25 AM
    Call VZN and when prompted for the reason for your call, say "cancel". That will get you to retention. You should be good there. Just explain the situation.

Posted via CB10
    This got the job done. My new device has been shipped. Thank you.

03-12-15 07:57 AM
    I had a sticky back key, ND vzw shipped me an exchange immediately. They processed as a normal return and placed new order, but they didn't ask me to wait or go to a store. Didn't give me any hassle at all.
    03-15-15 11:37 AM