Is the attached usage normal for an average user? This is my wife's Classic usage. Display percentage seems really high to me. Brightness is fairly low, but she does use the Swipe to Wake feature (no other Advanced Interactions though). I just shut off the Swipe to Wake because I know my Z30 performed better with that off. Does it really make that much of a difference though or is there something else on the Classic that I'm missing?

Thanks. I'll check in on it tomorrow now that the Swipe to Wake is off, but thought I'd check here in the meantime.

Question about battery life-img_20150122_204538.png

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 07:51 PM
    Battery life is a hard one to answer, how many email accts, how many android apps, what do you have syncing,

But other than that if that's the usage and she is a heavy user it looks normal, but one thing I have noticed is that leaving the brightness at the 50% seems to work better, I leave wifi on all the time, I leave location on all the time, I have emails on push .

one trick is open your picture app swipe down from the top go into settings and turn off stories , it a bit of a hog.
    01-22-15 08:22 PM
    Battery life is a hard one to answer, how many email accts, how many android apps, what do you have syncing,

But other than that if that's the usage and she is a heavy user it looks normal, but one thing I have noticed is that leaving the brightness at the 50% seems to work better, I leave wifi on all the time, I leave location on all the time, I have emails on push .

one trick is open your picture app swipe down from the top go into settings and turn off stories , it a bit of a hog.
    Yea sorry, should have mentioned more details. I know it can be tough to hammer down on battery life, but it seems quite a bit worse than my Z30, with similar accounts/setup.

Brightness is less than 50%, WiFi is off (I find it worse than LTE because we have good coverage here), location on (for Protect to be functional), email (1 account) is push. Other accounts are Facebook and Twitter. Uses 1 Android app regularly (Pinterest).

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 08:37 PM
    Yea sorry, should have mentioned more details. I know it can be tough to hammer down on battery life, but it seems quite a bit worse than my Z30, with similar accounts/setup.

Brightness is less than 50%, WiFi is off (I find it worse than LTE because we have good coverage here), location on (for Protect to be functional), email (1 account) is push. Other accounts are Facebook and Twitter. Uses 1 Android app regularly (Pinterest).

Posted via CB10
    the classic battery isn't going to be as good as the Z30.
    01-22-15 08:44 PM
    the classic battery isn't going to be as good as the Z30.
    I understand that, but I'm more worried about the actual usage compared to the Z30 in terms of the display/system usage. The numbers seem unusually high on the Classic, so I thought maybe there was something I was missing.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 08:58 PM
    They are a bit high, try a hard reset.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-22-15 09:11 PM
    Z30 lasts about 25% longer with identical setup on Classic.

Classic runs better, does more than z30, and has a smaller battery.

I'm getting 1.5 days under heavy new-handset usage
    01-22-15 10:29 PM
    Swipe to wake doesn't make a difference. Look elsewhere. She seems to be heavy on browsing that could be the main battery hog.
    01-23-15 03:47 AM
    For myself, all I have ever expected out of any device battery is to get me through a normal day of usage with a little juice to spare. Anything above and beyond that is a bonus.

People get so hung up on battery life, they are only going to give you so much, you can't squeeze 11 cents out of a dime.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-23-15 04:19 AM
    For myself, all I have ever expected out of any device battery is to get me through a normal day of usage with a little juice to spare. Anything above and beyond that is a bonus.

People get so hung up on battery life, they are only going to give you so much, you can't squeeze 11 cents out of a dime.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    Understandable, but I think the usage I'm seeing is high regardless of how long the battery is lasting. Comparatively speaking, the display and system numbers are more than double what I see on the Z30 on a normal day. Hopefully an update drops soon for the Classic. Maybe it just needs a good refresh.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 05:42 AM
    Z30 lasts about 25% longer with identical setup on Classic.

Classic runs better, does more than z30, and has a smaller battery.

I'm getting 1.5 days under heavy new-handset usage
    That's what I'm saying... we're barely getting a full day, under normal to slightly higher than normal usage (Definitely not heavy usage). This is the point of the thread... I'm not complaining about the battery life, just trying to figure out if there's something I can do to improve it.

Posted via CB10
    anon9133023 likes this.
    01-23-15 05:45 AM
    That's what I'm saying... we're barely getting a full day, under normal to slightly higher than normal usage (Definitely not heavy usage). This is the point of the thread... I'm not complaining about the battery life, just trying to figure out if there's something I can do to improve it.

Posted via CB10
    Likely a feature. You need to rebuild and add in until you identify the culprit.

I'd bet something like bluetooth or mobile data or WiFi.
    01-24-15 09:06 AM
    I am an heavy user... gets me from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.

 Classic
    01-24-15 02:34 PM