I'm a little bit disappointed that I have to wait till November... but I'm still looking forward to get one because the BlackBerry Classic will be a Bold-like BB10.

So, it will be much more premium than the Q10 and will probably have a METAL BODY? Hope so...
    Hope the price will be right.. { 550USD +/- }

Since 2010 ?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-21-14 04:14 AM
    I thought everyone here would have learned about metal bodies after Apple's "antennagate" fiasco. As a real world radio engineer the last thing I want is to be holding ungrounded metal which is close to or part of a transmitting antenna. I don't like RF burns. I dont like channeling microwave energy into my head and hand. And I particularly don't like the problems it causes for antenna matching and screening. Finally.... go and google "faraday cage"
    04-21-14 04:27 AM
    I thought everyone here would have learned about metal bodies after Apple's "antennagate" fiasco. As a real world radio engineer the last thing I want is to be holding ungrounded metal which is close to or part of a transmitting antenna. I don't like RF burns. I dont like channeling microwave energy into my head and hand. And I particularly don't like the problems it causes for antenna matching and screening. Finally.... go and google "faraday cage"
    No thanks...

Since 2010 ?
    04-21-14 05:02 AM
    the side of the q10 is said to be metal... and the back is plastic/glass, so its far from cheap

I'm a little bit disappointed that I have to wait till November... but I'm still looking forward to get one because the BlackBerry Classic will be a Bold-like BB10.

So, it will be much more premium than the Q10 and will probably have a METAL BODY? Hope so...

Since 2010 ?
    04-21-14 05:48 AM
    the side of the q10 is said to be metal... and the back is plastic/glass, so its far from cheap
    And this is a right answer!! The Q10 is a premium Device.

Posted via Q10Bold
    iBelieveInBB likes this.
    04-21-14 05:59 AM
    You have to learn to read properly ...

Since 2010 ?
    04-21-14 07:28 AM
    And this is a right answer!! The Q10 is a premium Device.

Posted via Q10Bold
    What did I say?

Since 2010 ?
    04-21-14 07:29 AM
    What did I say?

Since 2010 ?
    You think that the Q10 got a plastic bezel?! This is BS!
    Get one and check it out!!
    The build quality is more superior then the 9900.
    The frets between the lines are better quality then the bold ones...everything is better. ok I like the silver Bezel more, but Q10 is more premium.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 04-21-14 at 08:06 AM.
    04-21-14 07:55 AM
    You have to learn to read properly ...

Since 2010 ?
    Yeah you still don't get it!!

Here you go- read it carefully and loud:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/04/...ry-q10-design/

...The frame is carved out of solid block of forged, 304 stainless steel to make the BlackBerry Q10 strong and durable. Each frame takes 20 minutes to produce through a multi-step computer controlled machining process. The black PVD finish has been chosen to keep the frame from scratching as you keep moving with the BlackBerry Q10......

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-21-14 07:56 AM
    You think that the Q10 got a plastic bezel?! This is BS!
    Get one and check it out!!
    The build quality is more superior then the 9900.
    The frets between the lines are better quality then the bold ones...everything is better. ok I like the silver Bezel more, but Q10 is more premium.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Lol, no I didn't say that at all...
    I said q20/classic could be more premium...
    * more + premium *
    So that means, more premium than the current premium q10

Since 2010 ?
    04-21-14 08:16 AM

...The frame is carved out of solid block of forged, 304 stainless steel to make the BlackBerry Q10 strong and durable. Each frame takes 20 minutes to produce through a multi-step computer controlled machining process. The black PVD finish has been chosen to keep the frame from scratching as you keep moving with the BlackBerry Q10......

Posted via Q10Bold
    You said " . . . so its far from cheap . . . "
    When did I say the Q10 is/looks cheap?

Since 2010 ?
    04-21-14 08:20 AM
    You said " . . . so its far from cheap . . . "
    When did I say the Q10 is/looks cheap?

Since 2010 ?
    Sorry but sound so:

"So, it will be much more premium than the Q10 and will probably have a METAL BODY? Hope so..."

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-21-14 08:38 AM
    Sorry but sound so:

"So, it will be much more premium than the Q10 and will probably have a METAL BODY? Hope so..."

Posted via Q10Bold
    Good, but I said MORE... / a tad premium.. I know Q10 is a solid build phone and very premium but I would say the bold 9900 is a little bit more premium... just my opinion.

And the classic will be the next "bold-like" phone...

About your link: ... you're right that actually the q10 has a metal body too... I was meaning a Bold-like metal body....

Since 2010 ?
    04-21-14 08:48 AM
    No thanks...

Since 2010 ?
    LOL. That was an interesting trip on the crazy train! Maybe Branta meant that in parody.

In any case, it wouldn't surprise if they were planning a metal body, seems to be the new black this year - with many rumors of Samsung switching from their cheesy plastic. Already lots of them out there of course.
    04-21-14 12:51 PM

Posted via Q10Bold
    Exactly! I've dropped my Q10 & yes it can cause damage but not as much as the 9900 did.

? BlackBerry Q10 ? Keep The Faith ?
    Q10Bold and Bbnivende like this.
    04-21-14 12:58 PM
    In any case, it wouldn't surprise if they were planning a metal body, seems to be the new black this year - with many rumors of Samsung switching from their cheesy plastic.
    Have you ever taken apart a Samsung Galaxy phone? I repair phones and tablets as a side business.

Look about 21 minutes in, and you'll see the big slab of aluminum that makes up the frame of a Galaxy phone. This is an S3, but the S4 and S5 are built the same way.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-21-14 02:15 PM
    Have you ever taken apart a Samsung Galaxy phone? I repair phones and tablets as a side business.

Look about 21 minutes in, and you'll see the big slab of aluminum that makes up the frame of a Galaxy phone. This is an S3, but the S4 and S5 are built the same way.
    you do have to admit that samsung has to be one of the cheapest made phones out there.. It even looks cheap
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-22-14 11:32 AM
    you do have to admit that samsung has to be one of the cheapest made phones out there.. It even looks cheap
    It is cheap

Since 2010 ?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-22-14 12:13 PM
    I agree, samsung phones are incredibly CHEAP!

From my White Z30
    Mr4aces likes this.
    04-22-14 12:43 PM
    Hey OP...basically what you are saying is you don't want the metal to be coloured black...

Since it is stainless steel on the Q10 that is what you want...a METAL BODY correct? So the Q10 is already a metal body...you said you want it more like the 9900 which you feel is more premium...which to be completely honest, the only difference is that they didn't colour the metal frame, they kept the stainless steel look instead of making it black like the Q10...

Am I correct in thinking that all you really are saying/asking/wanting is that you hope the Q20 doesn't colour the metal and keeps a nice stainless steel silver body?

Also the 9900 backing is the woven glass or carbon fibre whatever they call it...so it is next to identical to the Q10...Not sure why you are saying the 9900 is much more premium...or even a TAD bit more premium as its basically identical to one another in materials used.
    04-22-14 04:19 PM

Since 2010 ?
    Uh, the Q10 uses more premium materials than the legacy devices like the Bolds... The Q10's frame is made out of steel, the frets are stainless steel, and the entire back is glass weave. The Bold had a partially metal frame with a chromed plastic bottom, plastic frets, and a small glass weave battery door (laminated with plastic) surrounded by rubberized plastic...

Yah, let's go back to that...
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-23-14 02:33 AM
    Uh, the Q10 uses more premium materials than the legacy devices like the Bolds... The Q10's frame is made out of steel, the frets are stainless steel, and the entire back is glass weave. The Bold had a partially metal frame with a chromed plastic bottom, plastic frets, and a small glass weave battery door (laminated with plastic) surrounded by rubberized plastic...

Yah, let's go back to that...
    Ok.

Since 2010 ?
    04-23-14 02:38 AM
    This is all pretty funny because both the Z10 and the Q10 have metal bodies...
    slagman5 and Bbnivende like this.
    04-23-14 08:19 AM
    This is all pretty funny because both the Z10 and the Q10 have metal bodies...
    LMAO, I know... smh

I don't know about the Z10, but I know the Q10 has more metal in its body than the old Bolds, lol...
    04-23-14 08:50 AM
    I like the stainless steel rim on the 9900.
    04-23-14 04:20 PM