The same screen resolution, the same camera, the same prosser (kinda), the same RAM, the same storage, the same Keyboard & eventually the same version of OS 10... obviously this phone have been made for older OS 7 users, upgrading to it from Q10 will be a waste of money, for me I'm going to wait until a proper upgrade comes out maybe next summer

Posted via CB10
    I'm ditching my Q10 for the classic because of the belt. I will do this the INSTANT the classic becomes available.
    It would be nice if the classic had better specs, but let's get our priorities straight. Belt first.
    AthenaSmith and TooSquare like this.
    11-03-14 09:29 PM
    I'm ditching my Q10 for the classic because of the belt. I will do this the INSTANT the classic becomes available.
    It would be nice if the classic had better specs, but let's get our priorities straight. Belt first.
    I agree. Same here. The toolbelt's the main reason I'm buying a Classic. I can't wait to have it back.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 04:54 AM
    Think the Classic will be able to output in full screen HD?
    11-04-14 07:33 PM
    The type of people that want the tool belt are not the type of users that care to much about specs. They are E-Mail power users that are wanting a few stable things.

1- A blackberry keyboard so when they respond to a customer they dont have to struggle with a crappy touch screen and cut their responses short.

2- A track pad to navigate and copy and paste with others without the crappy touch screen copy and paste.

3- A call and hang up button so when they end a conversation with someone they know for sure that the call has been ended. Usually without looking at the phone.

These three things are what every business power user needs and want.

If you dont like it dont buy it and trust me a Q10's cramped screen and keyboard is out dated years ago.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:18 PM
    My opinion is that the classic will be better in every day use as the q10 becaus eof the trackpad.
    Also all BB fun (and others too) should buy one to support BB to get back on top of this business.
    11-06-14 09:06 AM
    The type of people that want the tool belt are not the type of users that care to much about specs. They are E-Mail power users that are wanting a few stable things.

1- A blackberry keyboard so when they respond to a customer they dont have to struggle with a crappy touch screen and cut their responses short.

2- A track pad to navigate and copy and paste with others without the crappy touch screen copy and paste.

3- A call and hang up button so when they end a conversation with someone they know for sure that the call has been ended. Usually without looking at the phone.

These three things are what every business power user needs and want.

If you dont like it dont buy it and trust me a Q10's cramped screen and keyboard is out dated years ago.

Posted via CB10
    I think they are gonna care about the responsiveness of the phone, which is very relevant to specs, like me. And don't give me the bull**** z10 specs are enough, it lags every time I start multitasking, and lags really bad with Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    11-06-14 10:55 PM
    so now the real question is... for an iPhone 4 user who can't wait to get rid of his phone and get back to a physical keyboard.. is it smarter to get the Q10 now which is quite cheap (around USD 330 where I live) or wait a few more months and get the Q20 for (probably) around $100 more?
    New technology is always better.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:50 AM
    Q5 owner don't waste your money on a Q10 (smile). One thing about the Q5 is that it genuinely has a screen that you can read in sunlight. I don't care how many pixels the classic - or any phone - has. If you can;t read it in sunlight then forget it. I have my Q5 screen set to about 55% ( a little more than half) brightness with white balance in the middle and I can go from shadow into sunlight and still read without adjustment. There's no other phone I know of that can do that. Let's hope the classic will be as good.
    11-08-14 08:15 AM
    I think they are gonna care about the responsiveness of the phone, which is very relevant to specs, like me. And don't give me the bull**** z10 specs are enough, it lags every time I start multitasking, and lags really bad with Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Give steps to reproduce.. I never had an issue with mutli-tasking on my Z10.
    11-08-14 09:10 AM
    I own a Z10 and personally i am amazed with it. But still considering having a bb classic. Know why? Because it is classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 09:41 AM
    Admit it. We all love the trackpad. Just wish that i dont have to dispose my future bb classic because of side rubber issues. Hahaha! (bb curve 9220).

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 09:47 AM
    I have a Q10 and I just want to add to the others in saying that the cursor placement and text selection is annoyingly imprecise and frustrating (I basically jab at the screen and just hope for the best), especially as I move words, phrases, and paragraphs around quite often when drafting. To me nothing beats the precision and efficiency of a trackpad/toolbelt.

I miss my Bold 9900 (keyboard was starting to give out so that's the only reason I upgraded to the Q10 on my carrier plan) and I'll definitely get a Classic when it's released. I don't care much about the specs, I just want the trackpad and function keys back.

Posted via CB10
    this echoes my thoughts so precisely. the Q10 was the worst phone I ever owned, and if I hadn't already ditched it for a Passport I would gleefully replace it with a classic. The Q10 felt totally hobbled by the missing trackpad and the shortcut buttons on the tool belt particularly. Many users bought into the official angle, that it was unnecesary. Those ones won't want one of these I'd guess. For the ones who never came to terms with that, if you are still struggling with the phone I'd say a classic would be a good sidegrade.
    AthenaSmith and Xenolock like this.
    11-09-14 02:30 PM
    oddly, never thought once about that on the passport though. I know it has a trackpad, via the capacitive keyboard , but not the toolbelt. but never once noticed it as a problem. I went through hell with the q10, so having got a passport now, to be able to be in love with my blackberry again is a very nice experience for me though
    As much as I love blackberry, have to completely agree with you
    11-10-14 03:48 PM
    this echoes my thoughts so precisely. the Q10 was the worst phone I ever owned, and if I hadn't already ditched it for a Passport I would gleefully replace it with a classic. The Q10 felt totally hobbled by the missing trackpad and the shortcut buttons on the tool belt particularly. Many users bought into the official angle, that it was unnecesary. Those ones won't want one of these I'd guess. For the ones who never came to terms with that, if you are still struggling with the phone I'd say a classic would be a good sidegrade.
    Sidegrade? I love it. I was jabbing at the screen to post this message - give me the tool belt.
    11-10-14 08:12 PM
    Will shop BlackBerry get more Q10 stock since BlackBerry Classic is just around the corner?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 11:09 PM
    Still has a bigger screen and trackpad and bigger battery and better camera lens and maybe the same cpu as z30 and for only $ 399 off contract?

Not really waste of money

Posted from Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.632
    Where did u read it's only $399 off contract?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 11:20 PM
    Sorry but bb9900 is the most beautiful ever smartphone . Q10 is weird at least . And classic is the physical upgrade to our lovely 9900 . Thnx .
    11-11-14 04:56 AM
    To tell the truth, Q10 is a waste.
    A touch based OS was married off to a physical keypad without properly redesigning it as needed.
    I was the first Q10 owner in this part of the world and I got so disappointed with it (You may find the threads and posts about it all over the forums here).
    I even started a thread praying for a BB10 OS phone with a proper GUI designed for physical keypad based phones including a trackpad belt, more importantly the menu, back and call/end buttons.

And my friends, The day Chen announced the Classic was the day we all cried in joy. As well as half the enterprise world.

Classic is afterall, one of the best shots BB has taken after Chen took over.
    It doesnt matter if it is coming with Z30 specs or Q10 specs. What matters is that it is coming with a trackpad belt.
    For the estimated price it is expected to launch, we are never going to be blessed with BB Passport specs. If somebody was expecting that, then he would rather catch a boat to moon.
    It was not designed for people who are happy with full touch screens or even those who dont want to shift from Q10. It is being launched for people who are faithful BBOS fans and also for those BB fans who have been using the current slew of BB OS10 phones but always feels that it is missing that BB signature somewhere.

So guys, Classic is a prayer come true.
    A million prayers put together, I correct.
    iamagod and AthenaSmith like this.
    11-11-14 05:14 AM
    Think the Classic will be able to output in full screen HD?
    Personally I doubt it... they really need a box that has 16:9 ratio that you can drag around and adjust the size so that you can only display a portion of the square screen on the hdmi device.

It sucks the classic wont even have micro hdmi out, but what it does have can be converted to hdmi, so its not a complete waste.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:58 PM
    Well I got the Q10 And decided to sell it. After using the Z30 I found the Q10 screen was too small even though I enjoyed the keyboard. For me the passport looks too big... so now I wait to see a hands on of the classic

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 01:08 AM
    Still has a bigger screen and trackpad and bigger battery and better camera lens and maybe the same cpu as z30 and for only $ 399 off contract?

Not really waste of money

Posted from Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.632
    This.... is as far as you need to read. You've already wasted enough time reading OP.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 06:28 AM
    In these winter days I wear gloves.

And miss the physical answer call button when somebody calls me.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 04:23 PM
    Screen may be marginally bigger but it will be worse than the Q10 screen. We are losing PPI plus we are getting a washed out LCD vs the Q10's AMOLED. Put a Q10 and a Passport side by side, the Q10's contrast and colour reproduction is far superior.

The toolbelt is your only valid argument here. The screen will be worse and everyone and their grandma knows a removable battery over a fixed any day of the week. We have just lost practicality here. Any BB user defending the move to a fixed battery for a product clearly aimed at people who value practicality and productivity over everything else should check their fanboyism.

Only you are completely wrong here. As i have already stated; the Q10 screen is a lot better than what will come in the Classic. We are going to lose clarity and colour reproduction.

I was really looking forward to the Classic, but now i think i'll stick with my Q10 and probably buy a second too. Its a shame, i really miss the toolbelt. But i wont give BB my hard earned cash for a sub-par product. I cant believe how some people defend some of the things that BB have done to the classic and silly lines like "hurr durr it was never meant to be an upgrade to the Q10", you guys are delusional, yeah they really aimed to bring out a phone that would be worse? amirite guys?? please leave your fanboyism aside, Chen has done a lot of good since taking control, but he's ******* up on the Classic here. Admit it, stop licking arse already.

inb4; "nothings official yet, we dont even have the phone yet, the specs are rumoured only, etc"
    I will take LCD over Super Amoled anyway. You are one of those suckers who belive because the color blue pops on Amoled it's beautiful. The question is, is it accurate ? The answer is no!

LCD is easier to look at in sunlight.

As for the toolbelt, I don't need it anymore but there is still demand for it.

In terms of specs, we still don't know for sure but even if they are modest upgrades, it will still be more than enough. BlackBerry 10 as you know doesn't need insane specs. My Q10 ran just fine and I worked that phone.

I will admit I'm enjoying the huge spec upgrade on my Passport and obviously we can hope for some pleasant surprises with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 10:17 AM
123 ... 345