The same screen resolution, the same camera, the same prosser (kinda), the same RAM, the same storage, the same Keyboard & eventually the same version of OS 10... obviously this phone have been made for older OS 7 users, upgrading to it from Q10 will be a waste of money, for me I'm going to wait until a proper upgrade comes out maybe next summer

Posted via CB10
    yas61 likes this.
    10-20-14 07:02 AM
    Still has a bigger screen and trackpad and bigger battery and better camera lens and maybe the same cpu as z30 and for only $ 399 off contract?

Not really waste of money

Posted from Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.632
    10-20-14 07:06 AM
    Most people will be buying it for the tool belt above and beyond the minimal upgrades mentioned.

Oh and hopefully it's priced accordingly to help migrate all those OS7 users to BB10

Posted via CB10
    vague5255 likes this.
    10-20-14 07:08 AM
    Official specs are not officially announced.

Trackbelt is a HUGE selling point.

Lastly, people can decide for themselves.
    10-20-14 07:12 AM
    Different Strokes for Different Folks Best of luck to Ya!
    The same screen resolution, the same camera, the same prosser (kinda), the same RAM, the same storage, the same Keyboard & eventually the same version of OS 10... obviously this phone have been made for older OS 7 users, upgrading to it from Q10 will be a waste of money, for me I'm going to wait until a proper upgrade comes out maybe next summer

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:22 AM
    Bigger screen, bigger battery, toolbelt. Does the Q10 lag and become slow? No. So even if it has the same rumored specs (we don't have official ones) it won't lag or become slow either. Most people I know with a 9900 or Q10 just want the toolbelt and don't care what the specs are as the Q10 work great with the specs it has.
    LLAmos likes this.
    10-20-14 07:37 AM
    The screen should be a lot better actually. I really disliked the screen on the q10. It was not nearly as sharp as the z10.

Plus it is a bit larger.

Another significant upgrade is the paratek antenna.
    The battery life will be significantly improved.
    The tool belt is a boost to productivity for many.

It will also have VGA output for projectors.

So, it just depends on how many of those you need.

If it also has z30 specs then it should justify the price for many.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:49 AM
    Since I gave my Q10 to a friend, I've been itching for that keyboard back. The 9900 just doesn't do it for me anymore either so I'll probably pick up a classic if it's not too pricey.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    10-20-14 11:55 AM
    lol.

Initially I was really against the concept of the Classic. I would have liked to have seen a Q10 with better specs and a bigger screen instead. The idea of bring a trackpad to the gesture orientated OS that is BlackBerry 10 didn't sit well either. But as this forum has proven, people DO want this phone. There is clearly a demand for a trackpad based BlackBerry 10 smartphone and therefore it cannot be considered "a waste of money". I think most people that buy this device will know why they are buying it and will want to buy it and therefore to them it is an upgrade and certainly NOT a waste of money.

I suppose if YOU or even I for that matter bought this device it may indeed be a waste of money as clearly neither of us have any desire to buy this phone. But then, the same can be said of anyone buying anything that they do not want. Why would anyone in their right minds purchase an item they do not want? *mind blown*

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 12:01 PM
    same post different day. Everyone needs to stop making posts complaining about some unofficial specs
    10-20-14 12:33 PM
    same post different day. Everyone needs to stop making posts complaining about some unofficial specs
    Seems like there's been a sudden burst of hate towards the Classic for some reason...
    sam81 likes this.
    10-20-14 04:24 PM
    Personally I didn't think I would like Q10 after using Z10 and Z30 but after using it for work I lost no love for Z-series phones but was quite impressed.

It's ok to have your own opinions but to tell people what to buy or not buy without knowing their reasons or having ever touched the phone (classic) seems a little silly to me.

Posted via CB10
    sam81, mslifkin, yas61 and 1 others like this.
    10-20-14 04:28 PM
    This is similar to people ******** about the Passport before release.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 04:32 PM
    Seems like there's been a sudden burst of hate towards the Classic for some reason...
    Well, the fact that they it appears that it will have the same CPU and graphics as a q10 is very disappointing.
    After seeing how well 10.3 runs on a z10, I may still buy a 1.5 classic but I don't want to pay so much for it without also getting a performance boost.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:43 PM
    What a lame thread.
    Xenolock and Niro Sri like this.
    10-20-14 06:05 PM
    Well, the fact that they it appears that it will have the same CPU and graphics as a q10 is very disappointing.
    After seeing how well 10.3 runs on a z10, I may still buy a 1.5 classic but I don't want to pay so much for it without also getting a performance boost.

Posted via CB10
    Except it isn't a fact.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:31 PM
    Except it isn't a fact.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe we should argue about the specs of the BB Visa... ;-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-20-14 06:40 PM
    Well the Z30 was pretty much the same specs as the Z10... but people still bought it. It's even considered by most the best touchscreen phone out there. So why not the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:44 PM
    Does the Q10 lag and become slow?
    Yes, universal search - which showed an result instantaneously - now take a few secs before the contact or app is shown.
    Do you have this behaviour as well!?!
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    10-20-14 07:31 PM
    Because the consumers, me included, expected a high-end device when Chen talked about high-end materials.

And yes, I was also hoping for a device with the fastest CPU in a BB10 device, more RAM, a higher resolution screen (1,200 x 1,200???), a huge but removable battery, steel frame, ...

I understand that such a device would be DOA - to expensive for companies and also too expensive to get the BB7 legacy users to move to BB10.
    So I understand the decision to release a "lower speced" Classic - but I'm still hoping and dreaming that there will be a top-end Classic II (maybe as a Porsche - I never understand why the Porsche devices don't have better specs than the normal BBs).
    Currently - I would like to have a trackpad/physical call button device - but will I abandon my Q10 for this? Not sure ...
    Barbareren likes this.
    10-20-14 07:38 PM
    Still has a bigger screen and trackpad and bigger battery and better camera lens and maybe the same cpu as z30 and for only $ 399 off contract?

Not really waste of money

Posted from Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.632
    Screen may be marginally bigger but it will be worse than the Q10 screen. We are losing PPI plus we are getting a washed out LCD vs the Q10's AMOLED. Put a Q10 and a Passport side by side, the Q10's contrast and colour reproduction is far superior.

Bigger screen, bigger battery, toolbelt. Does the Q10 lag and become slow? No. So even if it has the same rumored specs (we don't have official ones) it won't lag or become slow either. Most people I know with a 9900 or Q10 just want the toolbelt and don't care what the specs are as the Q10 work great with the specs it has.
    The toolbelt is your only valid argument here. The screen will be worse and everyone and their grandma knows a removable battery over a fixed any day of the week. We have just lost practicality here. Any BB user defending the move to a fixed battery for a product clearly aimed at people who value practicality and productivity over everything else should check their fanboyism.

The screen should be a lot better actually. I really disliked the screen on the q10. It was not nearly as sharp as the z10.
    Only you are completely wrong here. As i have already stated; the Q10 screen is a lot better than what will come in the Classic. We are going to lose clarity and colour reproduction.

I was really looking forward to the Classic, but now i think i'll stick with my Q10 and probably buy a second too. Its a shame, i really miss the toolbelt. But i wont give BB my hard earned cash for a sub-par product. I cant believe how some people defend some of the things that BB have done to the classic and silly lines like "hurr durr it was never meant to be an upgrade to the Q10", you guys are delusional, yeah they really aimed to bring out a phone that would be worse? amirite guys?? please leave your fanboyism aside, Chen has done a lot of good since taking control, but he's ******* up on the Classic here. Admit it, stop licking arse already.

inb4; "nothings official yet, we dont even have the phone yet, the specs are rumoured only, etc"
    AhmedTSN likes this.
    10-20-14 07:40 PM
    The amoled isn't better than an ips lcd...
    Color reproduction is much more accurate on the lcd, amoled has super high contrast colors although the true black is nice

The classic is not an upgrade to the q10. It's a phone made for those who wanted a q10 but with a track pad. There's no reason to upgrade the q10 at this point, BlackBerry would be stupid to release two high end keyboard phones at this point.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:50 PM
    I wonder if it will be the same double typing keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-20-14 09:53 PM
    I wonder if it will be the same double typing keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    I hope so, just another productivity feature unique to BlackBerry.
    10-20-14 10:01 PM
    The toolbelt is your only valid argument here. The screen will be worse and everyone and their grandma knows a removable battery over a fixed any day of the week. We have just lost practicality here. Any BB user defending the move to a fixed battery for a product clearly aimed at people who value practicality and productivity over everything else should check their fanboyism
    I used to think like you until I got a Z30. I had a Z10 and carried an extra battery. Now with a Z30, I don't even think about it anymore. I also had a bunch of BB10 users on Z10s. If anything happened, the first thing they would do is remove the battery. A lot of them had to come back to reinstall the OS as something was being written when they pulled the battery and caused corruption. I with they all had Z30's and I would be having that problem.

"practicality and productivity" has nothing to do with PPI. 294 PPI on a 3.46” screen is more than you need for "practicality and productivity". It may not be for spec whores, but everyone I show my Z30 with 295 ppi says the screen is clear and sharp. I know a few people who are waiting for this phone and they mainly want something they can type with a keyboard and have the phone last the whole day. Not one asked about or mentioned ppi, cpu, removable battery.
    10-20-14 10:06 PM
123 123 ...