Hi, I have a Q10, I've been eye-ing the Classic and Passport but the Classic is more aesthetically pleasing to me (being a old-school BB user that loved the bold line), but upon watching unboxings and reviews it seems that the Classic is just a Q10 repackaged into the Classic... I mean they used the same processor, same amount of RAM, same cameras... They even removed the ability to remove the battery!

Anyways... I'm just wondering if anyone here has had a Q10 and made the move to Classic and how they are liking it.
    02-25-15 08:45 AM
    I did. And it's the best move you can make. It'll feel weird at first, but after a week you'll ask yourself how you got along without the toolbelt for so long.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:25 AM
    I made the switch from Q10 to Classic roughly 1.5 month ago, and am very happy with it. The battery life is quite good, the OS is fluid and neither the keyboard nor the toolbelt has any issues. The only thing I don't like about it, is that the optical trackpad feels smaller than that of my 9900 and 9700, I have however not has any real problems because of it, I just wish it was slightly larger.

On my Classic I have 4 personal and 1 work email account syncing emails by PUSH aswell as updating calendar entries for all 5 every 24 hours, and listen to music for roughly 1.5 hour per day, every weekday (to and from work), and also surf the net on occasion, check my banking and update apps when necessary, and never once had to charge it more than once every 48 hours. While I do have the brightness all the way down, I haven't had issues reading anything on the screen, so it doesn't consume as much power as others might make it by increasing the brightness.

I don't use 4G/LTE since I have poor coverage in my area, so I don't know how well that works.

All in all i'm very happy with it, and wouldn't trade it back. It may be heavier and larger than the Q10, and doesn't have a replaceable battery (unless you remove the backplate - but i'm sure that voids your warranty), but it's very pretty, feels good in the hands, and reminds me in terms of the looks a lot of my old 9900, which I like.

/dskyt

 Posted from a Classic
    02-25-15 10:01 AM
    The Classic is the best of both worlds; the toolbelt from the Bold coupled with BlackBerry OS10 make for a powerful combination. THe Classic was meant to be an upgrade from the Bold 9900, not the Q10. I had a Q10 and I preordered the Classic as soon as that option was available. I've been very happy with it. For me it was a big deal to be able to use the phone with one hand. With the trackpad I can interact with the phone using one hand. Lots of posts I've read say that having real buttons to access (and hang up) the phone is really important. I hope this helps.
    02-25-15 10:14 AM
    i did the same, switch from q10 to classic..It is the 2nd day with the classic and i am so excited! It is bigger for sure but the screen is improved! The only thing i am not sure if it is better, is the sound from the speaker..
    02-25-15 10:14 AM
    I have a Q10. And looking for classic to replace my current BB.
    My only concern is a buttery life.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:15 AM
    Q10 to Classic here - love it. Battery lasts me the day for the most part now verses having to plug in all the time on the Q10 because I'm a heavy user. I actually thought the speakers were way better than the Q10 and very LOUD. Screen is better too.
    PavelSh likes this.
    02-25-15 10:25 AM
    I made the move and i am loving it. I do love the added screen size, and don't get me started on the trackpad. That is just so much better for me. Before I was just jabbing the screen and hoping that I press the correct section for the cursor / selection icon.. this proved even more tricky when i had texts that went to the edge of the screen.

I do miss the Q10 all black interface on the menu though and other areas in respect of size and removable battery.. But, overall I am VERY pleased with the Classic.

Oh, and the Classic battery lasts far longer than the Q10. I can get 2 days inbetween charges. I must say there have been instances where I forgot to charge the phone!
    PavelSh likes this.
    02-25-15 10:25 AM
    I had a Q10. Moved from it to the Passport, and now to the Classic. I think it's a great upgrade! The tool belt is awesome, it makes everything work even better than the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:11 AM
    If you got the Q10 initially that's cos you wanted the new bold or atleast old-school BlackBerry and wanted that iconic keyboard. But Q10 was different...difficult initially but an absolute delight once you settle down with it.

Now the Classic is not the new Q, it is infact the new Bold! So trust me...it's actually BlackBerry's way of saying thank you to its fan. It's a full blooded BlackBerry, awesome battery, spectacular display(sunlight visibility), iconic keyboard, and amazing build quality. I am a former Q10 owner and the "Classic" my friend is BlackBerry at its best!

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    02-25-15 11:40 AM
    I have a Q10 and I am obsessed with the Passport since it's released, but the Classic is slowly growing on me.
    I didn't understand why it was released at first and considered it as a step backward, but playing with my 9700 last weekend, I now understand the comeback of the toolbelt.
    Really satisfied with my monolithic Q10, but I keep an eye on the evolution of the Classic.
    Between the Passport, the Classic, the Z30, the Q10 and the Q5 & Z10, we have a lot of possibilities, depending on our needs and budgets, and this is why I love BlackBerry.
    lift likes this.
    02-25-15 01:07 PM
    I have moved to Classic about a week ago having used q10 for a few months. While I agree that q10 is a great device and having physical call buttons is great I do miss the q10 size a lot. Classic is much bigger and heavier. It is bulky while q10 was in my opinion perfect. I also think q10 was built better to be honest. Ok trackpad is there and the screen is nicer but I am thinking of going back to q10 just because of its perfect size. I am also curious as to how 10.3 behaves on q10.
    Classic is great do not get me wrong but it is big and heavy.

Fiedka
    02-25-15 02:38 PM
    I went from a Q10 to a Passport. The Passport lasted two days and it was packed back into its box and sent back to Amazon. I like to use my phone when I'm walking around, and sadly the Passport doesn't come close to the Q10 or the Classic for one handed use. I don't regret waiting for the release of the Classic. The size of the screen is more useful, the toolbelt and trackpad are brilliant. I still use my Q10 in work as MP3 player I still like it but I find myself looking for the trackpad when using it. The only thing I really like about the Q10 over the Classic is the weight, the Q10 wins there.

Classically posted.
    Masahiro likes this.
    02-25-15 02:45 PM
    I have moved to Classic about a week ago having used q10 for a few months. While I agree that q10 is a great device and having physical call buttons is great I do miss the q10 size a lot. Classic is much bigger and heavier. It is bulky while q10 was in my opinion perfect. I also think q10 was built better to be honest. Ok trackpad is there and the screen is nicer but I am thinking of going back to q10 just because of its perfect size. I am also curious as to how 10.3 behaves on q10.
    Classic is great do not get me wrong but it is big and heavy.

Fiedka
    10.3.1 works perfectly fine on the Q10. I've had leaks running on it since they came out. I actually find the Q10 small now compared to my Classic and it feels like a toy it's so light.
    02-25-15 04:33 PM
    Thank you all for your wonderful input! I have made the switch to the Classic and I'm loving it!
    02-25-15 08:25 PM
    I had the Q10 too and was glad I switched to the Classic. I was a diehard user of the 9900, my fave OS7 phone.

I love the LCD display, larger screen vs the smaller and dimmer screen on the Q10. I love the keyboard on the Classic better, reminisce of the 9900. Having the toolbelt is so nice especially for calls. Have used the trackpad many times for accuracy in selection.

Battery life has lasted a day easily and I consider myself a heavy user. Messages all day, GPS, music and web surfing.

I like the weight of the Classic and the overall feel of it. Solid.

Posted via Classic
    andy957 and AthenaSmith like this.
    02-25-15 09:03 PM
    I went from a Q10 to a Passport. The Passport lasted two days and it was packed back into its box and sent back to Amazon. I like to use my phone when I'm walking around, and sadly the Passport doesn't come close to the Q10 or the Classic for one handed use. I don't regret waiting for the release of the Classic. The size of the screen is more useful, the toolbelt and trackpad are brilliant. I still use my Q10 in work as MP3 player I still like it but I find myself looking for the trackpad when using it. The only thing I really like about the Q10 over the Classic is the weight, the Q10 wins there.

Classically posted.
    I'm in the same boat. I tried the Passport for a few days, but I simply couldn't get used to the form factor and the keyboard. Trying new things is overrated, especially when I view a phone as primarily a communication device, so I switched to the Classic after having used the Q10 for a couple years, as well as a 9900 before that (after a brief stint with the Z10). After a week of using this device, I am very happy with having my trackpad and toolbelt from the 9900 back, except with a far superior OS in the form of BB10.

In terms of a more direct comparison between the Classic and the Q10, here are some things I've noticed:

- Even though they share the same resolution, the screen is much better overall on the Classic. It's slightly larger of course, but because I can use the trackpad instead of running my thumb all over the screen, it is quite a noticeable difference. The Q10 screen simply feels puny in comparison when a chunk of the screen gets covered by my thumb during use. The colours on the Classic are also more crisp and look less washed-out compared to the AMOLED screen of the Q10. The blacks on the Q10 were darker, which was great for bedside mode or watching videos, but that's about the only advantages of it.

- The battery is definitely much improved. My Q10 would usually be at around 20-30% by the time I get home from school, while I'm usually at 50% or above with my Classic. That's the best anecdotal evidence I can give you for now.
    02-25-15 09:22 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I tried the Passport for a few days, but I simply couldn't get used to the form factor and the keyboard. Trying new things is overrated, especially when I view a phone as primarily a communication device, so I switched to the Classic after having used the Q10 for a couple years, as well as a 9900 before that (after a brief stint with the Z10). After a week of using this device, I am very happy with having my trackpad and toolbelt from the 9900 back, except with a far superior OS in the form of BB10.

In terms of a more direct comparison between the Classic and the Q10, here are some things I've noticed:

- Even though they share the same resolution, the screen is much better overall on the Classic. It's slightly larger of course, but because I can use the trackpad instead of running my thumb all over the screen, it is quite a noticeable difference. The Q10 screen simply feels puny in comparison when a chunk of the screen gets covered by my thumb during use. The colours on the Classic are also more crisp and look less washed-out compared to the AMOLED screen of the Q10. The blacks on the Q10 were darker, which was great for bedside mode or watching videos, but that's about the only advantages of it.

- The battery is definitely much improved. My Q10 would usually be at around 20-30% by the time I get home from school, while I'm usually at 50% or above with my Classic. That's the best anecdotal evidence I can give you for now.
    I really wanted to like the Passport, for it's wide practical screen real estate and because it is top spec. But to be honest I just found it annoying to live with.
    I also started on BB10 with a Z10 which was ok for a all touch device (apart from the battery life). I shelled out a Q10 before the the contact had ended on the Z just to get back to a keyboard. Just recently I saw my first ever Z30 in the wide, gorgeous phone. I considered buying on second hand but in the end I came to the conclusion it might be to big and I would miss the toolbelt and trackpad.

Classically posted.
    Masahiro likes this.
    02-26-15 01:26 AM
    I really wanted to like the Passport, for it's wide practical screen real estate and because it is top spec. But to be honest I just found it annoying to live with.
    Yes, definitely. I commute on a crowded train every morning, and it simply wasn't fun to use while trying to hold onto a bar. Even with both hands, the keyboard was simply far too spread out for me to use comfortably. The big screen of the Z30 was tempting, but while it would have obviously been great for occasionally watching videos or playing games, a keyboard and trackpad is something I use constantly on a daily basis. It's just simply far too much functionality to give up. Besides, I could always just get a cheap tablet.
    02-26-15 02:00 AM
    I had a Q10 for nearly a year. The Classic wins, definitely. It feels more solid and premium, has a longer battery life and a better typing experience. And of course, there's the return of the toolbelt and the much-missed trackpad for more precise selection and efficient movement around characters.
    02-26-15 03:07 AM
    Guys,
    I would be grateful if someone would post screenshots from Q10 and Classic with 2-3 email which have 2-3 pages.
    It very interesting to me, how it's looks like on a Classic

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:35 AM
    Guys,
    I would be grateful if someone would post screenshots from Q10 and Classic with 2-3 email which have 2-3 pages.
    It very interesting to me, how it's looks like on a Classic

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean like this?

Q10 to Classic.-photo-26-02-2015-12-43-27.jpg

Classically posted.
    moyah8, PavelSh, lift and 4 others like this.
    02-26-15 09:27 AM
    The Classic has a really great design. The phone doesn't seems so big compared to the Q10.

And God, the case totally ruins the beauty of the Q10.
    lift likes this.
    02-26-15 09:35 AM
    Hi, I have a Q10, I've been eye-ing the Classic and Passport but the Classic is more aesthetically pleasing to me (being a old-school BB user that loved the bold line), but upon watching unboxings and reviews it seems that the Classic is just a Q10 repackaged into the Classic... I mean they used the same processor, same amount of RAM, same cameras... They even removed the ability to remove the battery!

Anyways... I'm just wondering if anyone here has had a Q10 and made the move to Classic and how they are liking it.
    I had a Q10 way back in the day. It's a better size and weight. The Classic is solid, but more awkward maybe. No faster. Slimport vs micro-hdmi.

Consider the benefits. Better screen, USB OTG, trackpad and convenience keys...Paratek antenna? I believe it has the Paratek. Are those options worth the 200usd asking price above the Q10?

Me, personally, I'm considering going back to the Q10 with an extended battery. But I don't doubt that the Classic is potentially worth 420usd unlocked vs the Q10's 220usd unlocked. Or thereabouts.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:47 AM
    [QUOTE=Shoryuken;11398903] They even removed the ability to remove the battery!

That concerns me, too. I have always counted on a battery pull to straighten out problems.
    Last edited by imabbfan; 02-26-15 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Left out reply
    02-26-15 10:34 AM
51 123