View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About the Return of the Trackpad/Button Bar?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love That Bar!

20 58.82%
  • I prefer my Q10!

10 29.41%
  • I don't care!

4 11.76%
    It depends how the physical strap of buttons will be used. In my understanding this is how it'll be used (in a similar way to BBOS but a bit different) :

1) Phone button for phone (obviously).

2) BB button for settings withing an app (I think it'll be implemented in such way that when pressed, it'll do the "swipe down from the top for options" in an app without the user actually swiping, and when pressed in the Hub it'll just open the side menu for options).

3)Trackpad for navigating through the app panes, selecting text, scrolling etc.

4) Back button for going back (obviously). I think that devs might have to give an option for users using the Q20 that are using their apps that do they want to see an onscreen back button, because I don't see the point of having an onscreen back button if a physical back button exists.

5) End call button for ending a call and power off(obviously).

And honestly as much as I didn't want these physical buttons to return, I still don't think they interfere with gestures that much which is the heart and soul of BlackBerry 10.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    02-28-14 08:17 AM
    With the TRACKPAD ofcourse.
    The only reason I keep my BB Bold 9900 with me along the Z10 is due to the trackpad convenience.

If the Q20 has a trackpad, that is Blackberry 10 os with Trackpad.... Phew!!!!
    The brilliantly amazing os and the superb practical convenience of trackpad!!!!

There wouldnt be any other smartphone which can beat this combo.
    02-28-14 10:14 AM
    My friend who is a die-hard Android fanboy has been saying that he wishes Androids would come with a track pad. Back when I had the 9900 with the track pad, he would make that comment that if there was one thing he would want to be added to his phones it was the track pad since selecting text is such a pain on a touch screen. But since then he's changed his phone to a Galaxy Note with the stylus, so he's been using that which makes it easier. But without a stylus I know it's still a huge pain for all-touch users...
    02-28-14 10:54 AM
28 12