Hello everyone,

I have just switched from Bold 9900 to Classic. I was really excited about the new Blackberry and was hoping for only improvements but after two days of using it....not exactly what I was hoping for. But maybe it needs just some time lets see. What is really annoying and I cannot find any explanation for that is when I am texting with someone and when I see the person will be my client and I want to save his details his/her contact will appear in contacts but in sms there is still only the number but not the name. Would anybody help me please?
    Thank you very much for any comments!

Thank you

Radim
    01-29-15 08:00 PM
    02-02-15 10:44 PM
    Thank you but I cannot even find where to do this...I did read the instructions but cannot follow them.

Could you please also advise why older messages marked unread will not appear when I display all unread items but I need to scroll all the way down to see them....

Many thanks!
    02-03-15 05:23 AM
    Radim just open your contacts app. Then swipe down from the top and follow instructions. You will be opening the settings portion of contacts.
    02-03-15 10:10 AM
    Hi Kitmo,

Thank you for that. I have done all that but still - some contacts are in my contact list but when we text each other there is only a mobile number in the hub and not the name. And that is very confusing always checking who that was etc...
    02-03-15 08:54 PM
    Sorry Radim, I don't know the answer. Maybe someone here will help you.
    02-04-15 10:15 AM
    Thank you Kitmo anyway - it may be a bug or something...
    02-04-15 03:50 PM
    Thank you Kitmo anyway - it may be a bug or something...
    do you have caller ID?

so you basically say that there is a contact name in your address book for that one number then when you text back and fourth it will only shows the number instead of the name????
    02-04-15 05:05 PM
    Hi Alain - yes that is exactly what is happening
    02-04-15 06:13 PM
    what OS do you have?
    02-04-15 06:48 PM
    Blackberry 10OS
    Software Release 10.3.1.747

I have also found out that if I want to share the contact what "does"this mess it will not allow me and it give me a message that it cannot be share
    02-05-15 05:22 AM
    Hiya Radim,
    Experienced the same in ability to share contact information with my classic. Seemed like the contact was listed as linked to an account that was not local. Here is what I did:

Edited the contact, added a field, ie a note, typed something in it and saved. After that all was normal including name showing up in hub.

Hopefully work for you?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 05:35 AM
    Hi TNC and thank you for that - it worked well however weird that sounds Would you please also know why some sms marked as unread will not show up as unread?

Many thanks
    02-07-15 04:53 AM
    Hi guys, again and again - number I have not saved for some tim and want to save after couple of times calling it and using sms - my classic will not show up the name when I am using it after save it. WHY??
    02-10-15 09:47 PM