My Classic was waiting for me on Monday night when I got home from work. I took it to work Tuesday to charge it up and stopped by an AT&T store on my way home to pick up a nano sim for it. I walked in and a guy in his mid 20's asked me what I needed. When I told him a nano sim for a new device he asked if I had the device with me. I placed the Classic on the counter and his eyes lit up. "Is that the new Blackberry"? He picked it up and started playing with it. "Nice, you've got to give them credit, they have great hardware". He then said "They have the Amazon app store included now, right"? We had a nice conversation as he activated my new sim and got me up and running. He knew they would be selling it but hadn't heard when yet. He seemed genuinely impressed and I'm sure will have no problem selling Classic's to customers when available. Conclusion: not all AT&T staff are anti-blackberry.

BTW, I am loving the Classic so far and will comment more as it gets use. To me, Blackberry has finally blended their roots (kb phone)with a modern design in the perfect size.
    saxxman, alan510, geekaren and 1 others like this.
    12-24-14 10:36 AM
    I had a good experience at AT&T.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-24-14 12:02 PM
    Maybe I'm a little cynical but I find sales rep reactions directly proportional to a customer's age. The older you are, the more polite they tend to be.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-24-14 12:08 PM
    Maybe I'm a little cynical but I find sales rep reactions directly proportional to a customer's age. The older you are, the more polite they tend to be.

Posted via CB10
    that's right
    12-24-14 12:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    This may be true but this guy was actually excited and polite.

Posted from my Classic.
    12-24-14 12:11 PM
    This may be true but this guy was actually excited and polite.

Posted from my Classic.
    Yes, that was very nice to read. I guess I was reacting to all those threads about impolite salespeople or salespeople that force other brands on OPs. I'd be surprised if any of those stories are related by folks in suits or folks over a certain age.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-24-14 12:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hmm,. I think it depends more on your appearance and overall demeanor. I've never had any issues with reps at either Verizon or AT&T. AT&T helped me out with my Passport without any negative feedback.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and geekaren like this.
    12-24-14 12:19 PM
    I received my Classic on Tuesday and also had to go to AT&T to get the nano sim and my 20 something sales rep was also visually impressed with the Classic, he also played with it and stated it felt great in the hand.

I really do enjoy coming back to the keyboard after a year on the Z10

Typed using the Amazing BlackBerry Classic Keyboard
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-24-14 12:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    I see you didn't read that story about the guy who was threatened for wanting to try a Passport out before buying.
    12-24-14 03:10 PM
    Hmm,. I think it depends more on your appearance and overall demeanor. I've never had any issues with reps at either Verizon or AT&T. AT&T helped me out with my Passport without any negative feedback.

Posted via CB10
    Without negative feedback is one thing, positive feedback is something different. I've also never had a negative experience in an AT&T store, but the other day when I brought my Classic in to get the nano sim was the first I've had a positive experience. The guy was like "Man, that is a good looking phone. We'll be carrying that soon."

TgeekB likes this.
    12-24-14 03:14 PM
    Yup I read it. Quite the story.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 03:45 PM
    Without negative feedback is one thing, positive feedback is something different. I've also never had a negative experience in an AT&T store, but the other day when I brought my Classic in to get the nano sim was the first I've had a positive experience. The guy was like "Man, that is a good looking phone. We'll be carrying that soon."

True, although whenever I went into Verizon stores the representative always ended up admitting that they still carried a BlackBerry themselves. With AT&T and the Passport I had a similar "you have to admit, what BlackBerry does, they do well" type of comment.

That being said, I have never ever asked for advice regarding a device or "what to buy", so I've never been on the receiving end of an iphone/android sales pitch.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren and alan510 like this.
    12-24-14 04:18 PM