Hi everyone. Searched the forums but could not locate a string covering this, so here goes.

Moved from BB7 (Bold 9900) to BB10 (Classic) recently
    I had / have a work email set up on my BB as a POP account.
    I have the 'leave messages on the server' set for 5 days in MS Outlook.

When on BB7, I could download messages to my Outlook account and those messages would then also spool into my BB (provided it was within 5 days of the messages being downloaded into Outlook).
    Post the 5 day period, even if the messages disappeared off the server, they stayed on my BB, until such time that I deleted them off the phone.

That's exactly how I prefer it to be set up i.e. old messages stay on the phone, until I delete them manually (irrespective of what's happening on the server)

Now, I have a peculiar problem with BB 10. I have the same account set up with the same POP settings. But now, when the messages disappear off the server, they also disappear off my BB when it runs a sync. My limited understanding of how POP works is that it is 'one way traffic' i.e. messages move in 1 direction only - from server to phone. So, the only 'syncing' that happens is that new mails get downloaded to the phone (and the old message stay as previously downloaded). But that is not what I am experiencing after I migrated to BB10. Now the sync is a true sync (almost IMAP like even though the account is POP) and so, when a message gets deleted off the server, it also gets deleted off the BB.

Is there is anyway I can stop this syncing, such that the old messages stay on the BB, until such time that I delete them ? (keeping the messages on the server for a period longer than 5 days is not an option because of storage issues)

Grateful for a solution and thanks in advance

Robin
    07-28-15 02:42 AM
    Try from the Hub, click 3 dots, Settings, Email Accounts, select the account, click Edit Account, scroll down to Sync Timeframe and change there.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-28-15 06:00 AM
    Thanks. I tried that - changed the setting to 30 days, 90 days and then dialed it all the way back to 1 day as well. Problem persists.
    07-28-15 06:15 AM
    Thanks. I tried that - changed the setting to 30 days, 90 days and then dialed it all the way back to 1 day as well. Problem persists.
    If you dialed it to 1 day of course that would delete some of your emails....

Posted with my  Classic
    07-28-15 06:35 AM