Hi all,

I've got a gmail account set up in my hub and I have imported my PGP keys via Blend onto my Classic. I've imported the keys and they're recognised. That's fine.

Now when I go to send an email, there's no option to sign and encrypt the (gmail) email. Does anyone know how I can do this using the hub? This really is a huge issue for me and if this wont work, then it's a deal breaker and my Classic will have to go.
    01-29-17 01:24 PM
    Hi all,

I've got a gmail account set up in my hub and I have imported my PGP keys via Blend onto my Classic. I've imported the keys and they're recognised. That's fine.

Now when I go to send an email, there's no option to sign and encrypt the (gmail) email. Does anyone know how I can do this using the hub? This really is a huge issue for me and if this wont work, then it's a deal breaker and my Classic will have to go.
    According to BlackBerry you need "a work account" (https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...022272000.html).

The only way I got PGP messaging to work was with my university email provider, which uses Exchange/Office 365. Plebeian email systems didn't work.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    01-29-17 02:59 PM
    According to BlackBerry you need "a work account" (https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...022272000.html).

The only way I got PGP messaging to work was with my university email provider, which uses Exchange/Office 365. Plebeian email systems didn't work.
    Thanks for the info. This is a real shame. My university uses google's university setup as their .ac.uk backend and our lecturer highly recommends PGP. My fellow students are able to use PGP on their android, but I cannot do so on my Blackberry. I could in theory, download an android app to do it, but I find android apps drain battery life so I try to avoid them where possible.

It's so frustrating. I will miss the Classic but this is about the 5th thing i've found I can't do within a week.
    01-29-17 03:15 PM
    Quick update: it's even worse than I thought. In a last ditch attempt to keep this BB Classic, I decided to download K9 and APG from the android store. Well it turns out APG cannot remember your GPG keys after you import them and K9 cannot recognise K9 as being installed. I am assuming there must be some kind of sandbox between them. This is quite a painful pill to swallow. This will be my 2nd Blackberry Classic that i've had and got rid of because of crap like this *cries*
    01-29-17 03:37 PM
    Try this app: worked fine for me
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...48895/?lang=en

89 cents so not really expensive

PGpgp offers encryption/decryption/signing of the messages (and files) using PGP. PGpgp can decrypt messages addressed to you and encrypt messages destined for another recipient. It allows sending and receiving encrypted e-mail, SMS, BBM etc. You may also work with a binary files (documents, images, music files...).
    01-29-17 09:22 PM