Since the golden days of my Bold and then Z10, later Z30 and currently Passport, I was curious about the full qwerty experience. For the last 90 minutes, I am playing around with my Classic and I have to say that it is an amazing device!

The only issues I see from having used a passport for almost 6 months is the actual size of the phone. ....

It feels tiny and the keyboard seems crammed....

The spacious 3 row layout with the virtual row for special signs has been a true blessing for me and I am getting frustrated from time to time when I have to enter numbers and special characters for my passwords because the flow is broken.

Furthermore, I feel depressed, looking at me screen real estate in comparison.....

For what it's worth, I am having a hard time going back to my Z30 because of the lack of physical keys and am feeling more at home with the Classic.....

The difference between both devices makes it easy to determine the use cases in my opinion:

The classic is the companion of choice when you need to have a constant peak at the world around you. You are rarely far away from a laptop and want to be discrete about your digital communications while you are actually supposed to be doing something else.

The passport, on the other hand, is is the smallest tablet in the world, giving you a proper window into the world, letting others proudly know that you decided to focus on something else. It is the best compromise between a Notebook and a small tablet, allowing you to be mobile and get the best out of those few transitional moments when your undivided attention can be used to type that thoughtful reply or read that longer article.....

To me, the classic feels more energetic, more aggressive and more demanding than the Passport.....

While travelling home and playing with my new BlackBerry, I feel more as if I would be hiding the fact that my mind is somewhere else, than with the Passport....

I am just content to have found the perfect couple for my needs!

The toolbelt is actually a good addition which I instinctively started to use excessively (=

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 and Mic_JP like this.
    03-04-15 04:29 PM
    Well as long as your happy is all that matters .....just sayin
    03-04-15 04:44 PM
    Don't understand, why can't a q10 give you a full look into the world around you?
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 03-05-15 at 02:27 AM.
    03-04-15 05:45 PM
    I had a hard time picking between the Passport and the Classic, Pick the Classic and for me made the right choice also have a Z30 to me best of both worlds my Classic is my work phone!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:41 PM
    If they made a passport with a tool belt I think I would buy that. I like the "top of the line" hardware versus old hardware on the classic. I got my classic last night and it is pretty good so far. We'll see. First blackberry here.
    03-04-15 07:46 PM
    I just recently got my Z30 about 2 months or so ago, (moved up form a Q10) and now, I've been considering getting the classic for the past week or so.
    I believe, it will have an at home feeling like I had with my old Bold 9930.
    That,and the numbers will help BlackBerry.

I have yet to hold a Passport to compare though.
    03-04-15 08:05 PM
    Great insight Warlack! I have a Z10 and have been waiting months to get my hands on the Passport and Classic on AT&T before I made a decision. I had a chance to go hands on with both yesterday. As much as I tried to like the Passport it just wasn't for me. I loved the Classic for all of many of the reasons you said. The toolbelt, keyboard, and the fact that it is discrete all did it for me. Think I will be upgrading to the Classic soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 05:18 PM
    Classic rules and only my opinion matters. (JK)

SQC100-4 Classic running 10.3.1.2267
    03-05-15 05:29 PM
    Day 2: I am getting used to the Classic, but am just missing the additional screen real estate.

The 3 row keyboard was more convenient for me, but I am slowly making amends with the "original" BlackBerry keyboard.

Mainly using it with both hands as well, therefore more or less like the Passport with just a quarter of the screen.....

Will be selling my Classic and be moving on....

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:02 PM
    Bring on the passport 2!!!!!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    03-06-15 04:06 AM