I like passport but I get finger strain typing on its narrow keyboard. It is ultimately, for me, also too wide and uncomfortable (had it for 2 weeks now).

Which brings me to classic. I have a few questions:

I fell in love with Passport specs and battery. I cannot find any official specs. When is the release date of this thing so we know official specs?

Are there any videos/pictures comparing passport to Classic? I'd love to get a feel of the difference (or Q10 as i still have that phone as well).

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 01:15 PM
    10-24-14 01:45 PM
    I like passport but I get finger strain typing on its narrow keyboard. It is ultimately, for me, also too wide and uncomfortable (had it for 2 weeks now).

Which brings me to classic. I have a few questions:

I fell in love with Passport specs and battery. I cannot find any official specs. When is the release date of this thing so we know official specs?

Are there any videos/pictures comparing passport to Classic? I'd love to get a feel of the difference (or Q10 as i still have that phone as well).

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    November release (likely longer for carriers ). Check out dhabkirks blog for pics and video. Just google the name.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    10-24-14 02:21 PM
    Keep the Passport as the Classic release has been pushed to Feb...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 07:04 PM
    Under NDA (does that figure you a clue? )

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:18 PM
    How's the view?

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-24-14 08:36 PM
    Yep and said too much already....

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:36 PM
    Passport must be selling well if Classic pushed back that far... damn!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:09 PM
    Why would they announce a classic developer meeting for next week then?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:45 PM
    Why would they announce a classic developer meeting for next week then?

Posted via CB10
    Because its coming in November, just like Chen said.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi dylanhabkirk,

I know you probably answered this but are you still using a Classic? If so, are you enjoying it? Tell me the device feels sturdy and solid.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    For the record, Chen originally stated end of October for both devices, then updated end of November or did he say end of the quarter meaning that's end of the year.

Developer streams or pushes in new products usually happens a few months before launch. 4 mths before Z10 launch 6 before Q10 - remember those developer hardware?!

No leaks beyond two of actual hardware, Chen the only one showing it off, while the passport maybe a special case needing the leaks to have it grow into people, had multiple real device leaks for 3-4 months before officially being released for sale.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:46 PM
    Hi dylanhabkirk,

I know you probably answered this but are you still using a Classic? If so, are you enjoying it? Tell me the device feels sturdy and solid.

Posted via CB10
    You can read our pre-release review of the BlackBerry Classic here: http://www.dhabkirkdesigns.com/2014/...berry-classic/

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:15 PM
    Under NDA (does that figure you a clue? )

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but that doesn't mean anything. If this is true and you are under an NDA then yes, you have spoken too much already.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:52 PM
    The one good reason for pushing back the classic would be if they saw all of the positive reaction to the device but the negative reaction to the leaked specs and they are going to beef it up.

But I don't trust a random poster that says it's going to be pushed back.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:53 PM
    Regarding a pushed back release: Keep in mind BlackBerry has just recently announced a webcast for building and porting apps for the Classic on Oct 30th next week. It also is about 10.3.1. I doubt they'd do such a webcast now when the initial release is still months away. Plus there still is the Nov 13th event where they are showing off new stuff, pretty sure the Classic will be around there too.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:04 AM
    The only way the Classic doesn't launch before December is if Tim Cook hijacks the boat carrying them from China. They've sent an email to developers giving them a heads-up up that their app is going to be eligible for Classic loading, unless they request otherwise. That sort of thing isn't done when the launch is still 4 months out.

Although it's a "business" device, there are 2 words that will make this happen: BLACK FRIDAY

BB is going to initially sell this device direct to take advantage of demand to take advantage of the holiday selling season in the US and book the higher margin for Q4 earnings - which will show more improvement.

Whether you have inside info or not, common sense says this device is launching very soon. Chen is a bidnessman, count on it.
    10-26-14 10:15 AM
    The Nov 13th event is enterprise focused too, which is exactly who they are targeting with the Classic. One more reason I believe they'll announce it there.
    As much as I also expected the Classic at the Nov 13 San Francisco event, I've been hearing from many sources to not expect it, but rather wait for it at a separate event.

I believe JC has been changing his outlook from November to more of a December timeframe lately too. We'll see! It shouldn't be too far since we're seeing more focus on development for the Classic, and the gold 10.3.1 SDK should launch in the coming weeks.
    10-26-14 02:17 PM