Hi all, has anyone gone to the passport to the classic?

Right now I'm getting really annoyed with the size of the passport.

Just need some help if it's a bad option

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 04:23 PM
    Wanna trade?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 05:06 PM
    I had a passport, now classic. I feel your size issue. This is just right. Depending on what you do, I feel slight lag on the classic from time to time. But in general, I can not be happier.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    06-19-15 05:21 PM
    I go back and forth constantly. On a z30 right now. But likely to switch to another BlackBerry again soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 06:17 PM
    I love the classic... keyboard and form factor is key... I can't handle the passport with no alt key... I have no idea what they was thinking there

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 09:38 PM
    Yes, I sold my passport and bought a used Classic due to size issues. I then went from Classic to Q10. Again due to size. The Q10 is the optimum size and form. But going from Passport to Q10 would be too drastic for some. Goodluck with your decisions.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    06-19-15 09:43 PM
    Wanna trade?
    I do!
    I went from passport to classic, but I regret it. Passport screen is much better and overall the technology is better.
    Classic form factor is best.
    Obviously it's one handed vs two handed device in my opinion, but if u want the best of the best stay with the passport.
    Also to consider how long you've had it. I had mine for 4 days and I think I could have gotten used to it.
    06-19-15 09:47 PM
    I wish the Classic had the loud stereo speakers and world class mic quality that's on the Passport. Having a removable battery and fixing the double typing would be nice too!
    06-20-15 02:00 AM
    There are quite a few threads regarding this question already, some have a couple of pages where you can get many different opinions and views from lots of users. Personally I have both devices, my Classic just came back from RMA a couple of days ago and I finally decided to sell the Passport.

While it is a great device in so many regards, I kind of seem to have a slightly softer spot for the Classic. Yes it has an inferior screen, it is slower, the battery life is not as good. But I much prefer the traditional four-row keyboard for my needs, which is the main reason why I come back to the Classic at all. The more convenient size is just a minor plus for the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 04:54 AM
    Thanks for all the replies, I'll have a long think about what I shall do. Passport is a great phone and I cant give it any faults, just the size is really bothering me.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 07:49 AM
    At the end of the day, the size and pocket-ability of a device has always trumped all the "bells n whistles" that entice me buy a phone. Hands down, the passport beats out the classic in every category. For me it boiled down to how it felt when in my pocket. Ranging from jeans, khakis, slacks, shorts, carrying it in my hat with the keys and wallet on the way to the gym, etc. When I was at work with my white lab coat the passport went in the front pocket and I never had any issues. But it was the pocket-ability outside of work that slowly became an issue. Bothering me a little bit more and more as each day passed. Finally I realized, once again, as I always do, that it doesn't matter how great the screen looked, how long the battery lasted, how I could open an app 1-2 seconds faster (it's truly ridiculous how impatient we have become through the years), if I can't carry the device with comfort or ease. Enter the classic..... for me, perfect size. I can do everything I need my device to do. I hate to use this because it's become a cliche, but I need a tool, not a toy. The Classic is just that for me.

It sounds like the size is going to be an issue for you, as it ultimately became for me. Go for it. The size is perfect and I think any perceived shortcomings will soon fade and you will be happy again.

Oh yeah, and no double type issues thus far for me. I'm in love with my BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 08:05 AM
    I have no double typing issues... have you guys updated to the newest 10.3.2.2204... it's supposed toi have fix that issue some lf you were having...

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 09:41 AM
    Switched 3 times between passport and classic and now on the classic for ever, till the classic 2 is out. Classic 2 with better specs (and with BB 10!!!) = instant buy.
    Classic power is enough (now) for time to time gaming (angry birds, clash of clans, etc such "mini games" for wasting time), media (videos), texting, calling and worksheets
    Perfect formfactor.
    Love it like my old bold 9700

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Last edited by Hulk123; 06-20-15 at 01:59 PM.
    06-20-15 11:16 AM
    Yes. I have both but I prefer the classic. The form factor is the key.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 12:14 PM

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    me me me! Just did it. And I love the size of the new classic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-23-15 11:12 AM
    I went to the ATT store 4 times after getting my Classic, thinking I wanted the PP instead. After typing, browsing, etc. etc., I decided that I already made the best choice for me. I am a business owner. I use my phone for actual calls. I email, text, modify contracts, email post-sales follow up documents. What I needed is all handled admirably by the smaller size and keyboard of the Classic.

Battery life is great. A long, solid day of work with plenty of battery left to cover me on late night dinners and drinks with clients. I took my phone off the charger at 5am yesterday and, at 10pm, I was still sitting on 40% battery.

I left a Note 4 to go back to a BlackBerry device. I needed to refocus on business and get rid of the mindless distraction that an app-centric phone/entertainment device like a Note 4 supplies. Yes, it is a self discipline issue, but I prefer to remove obstacles, not work around them.

Client follow up, prospecting and general productivity have all improved. Getting it all done with no regrets for passing on the Passport.

I hope that BlackBerry continues producing classic-format phones as I truly do not want any other type of device.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame, 4trp, Lumii and 3 others like this.
    06-23-15 11:57 AM
    Hate to say this but I'm having a better typing experience using the classic keyboard with more complete keys.
    The keys that are useful are alt, sym,numerical keys, etc all make typing actually better and more thorough. I just switched from the Passport to the Classic and I don't miss it all. It's much better with the tool belt combined with the classic keyboard. Call me old skool but I also use the classic holster as well and easier to carry around. The Passport was always too unwieldly for me and hard to carry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 06-24-15 at 04:54 AM.
    06-23-15 11:46 PM

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I have. I didn't get rid of the Passport, I just got the Classic because I wanted to experience the trackpad with BlackBerry 10.

It's definitely more compact, though is by no means small. Once you get used to the toolbelt, you'll remember how useful it was on older phones.

When I'm on my Classic, I definitely miss the swiping up to select a word and swiping back to delete. I honestly have no issue with the screen resolution or speed of the phone, and I don't run any Android apps, so I don't notice major lag.

Battery is better on Passport, but it's not like the Classic battery is bad either.

I really like them both and I still can't decide which one I love the most.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 01:09 AM
    Yes, and classic all the way

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 03:05 AM
    I have Classic & Passport -- both fit easily into pockets of Jordan shorts -- love both phones
    06-24-15 03:55 PM
    PS: if Classic with Passport-like specs was released I would pre-order & live happily ever after
    Mo Cat likes this.
    06-24-15 04:03 PM
    I had the PP for about 2 months. A premium device all the way. I just personally never got comfortable with the large square shape. I struggled holding it firmly and prefer one handed devices. The BB Classic is vintage BB with a design that makes it very easy for you to become familiar with quickly. Great device.
    06-24-15 08:42 PM
    At the end of the day, the size and pocket-ability of a device has always trumped all the "bells n whistles" that entice me buy a phone. Hands down, the passport beats out the classic in every category. For me it boiled down to how it felt when in my pocket. Ranging from jeans, khakis, slacks, shorts, carrying it in my hat with the keys and wallet on the way to the gym, etc. When I was at work with my white lab coat the passport went in the front pocket and I never had any issues. But it was the pocket-ability outside of work that slowly became an issue. Bothering me a little bit more and more as each day passed. Finally I realized, once again, as I always do, that it doesn't matter how great the screen looked, how long the battery lasted, how I could open an app 1-2 seconds faster (it's truly ridiculous how impatient we have become through the years), if I can't carry the device with comfort or ease. Enter the classic..... for me, perfect size. I can do everything I need my device to do. I hate to use this because it's become a cliche, but I need a tool, not a toy. The Classic is just that for me.

It sounds like the size is going to be an issue for you, as it ultimately became for me. Go for it. The size is perfect and I think any perceived shortcomings will soon fade and you will be happy again.

Oh yeah, and no double type issues thus far for me. I'm in love with my BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Good reply and for some of us dead right. On my desk I have both - half the time I just cannot make my mind up; shear work load Passport - everything else Classic.. I would add one other option - colour as mine are both black and wish for colour... I'm beginning to think that helps usability too.
    06-24-15 11:04 PM
    I went to the ATT store 4 times after getting my Classic, thinking I wanted the PP instead. After typing, browsing, etc. etc., I decided that I already made the best choice for me. I am a business owner. I use my phone for actual calls. I email, text, modify contracts, email post-sales follow up documents. What I needed is all handled admirably by the smaller size and keyboard of the Classic.

Battery life is great. A long, solid day of work with plenty of battery left to cover me on late night dinners and drinks with clients. I took my phone off the charger at 5am yesterday and, at 10pm, I was still sitting on 40% battery.

I left a Note 4 to go back to a BlackBerry device. I needed to refocus on business and get rid of the mindless distraction that an app-centric phone/entertainment device like a Note 4 supplies. Yes, it is a self discipline issue, but I prefer to remove obstacles, not work around them.

Client follow up, prospecting and general productivity have all improved. Getting it all done with no regrets for passing on the Passport.

I hope that BlackBerry continues producing classic-format phones as I truly do not want any other type of device.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 12:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    You couldn,t have said it better!!! The size of the Passport just got too cumbersome for me. I also need a tool and the classic four row keyboard with "t and shift and numerical keypad works better for me in my day to day keyboard use. The classic I don't find slower or otherwise compared to the Passport. It's pretty zippy for me. The size is my major issue and combined with the classic holster makes a great mobile solution for my day to day needs!

AND thankyou jeeesuz for one hand operation again!!!!!
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 06-25-15 at 01:37 PM.
    06-25-15 06:51 AM
52 123