my q20 has over sensitive response of the screen when there's a lot of wind around me, like invinsible hand doing sliding on my screen.

anyone ?

thanks
    03-24-15 03:19 AM
    i suppose that's bound to happen sometime. Just like the difficulty doing anything in the sun
    donemt likes this.
    03-24-15 05:20 AM
    My company has been ALL over this issue and, unless someone has found a solution i'm unaware of, the short answer is you're SOL.... (Sadly Outa Luck )

The three "smart guys" in my office managed to modify a lock app for our 9900's to just lock the screen only. Works pretty well for our needs since that device's trackpad has access to 99+% of the 9900's functions. Applying a similar strategy for our old Q10's hit an immediate dead end since too much of that OS is utterly dependent on touch UI. We haven't tried 10.3.1, or later, in our old Q's since we've abandoned them because of their lack of physical "end" key, anyway. One would think that a screen sensitivity adjustment that WORKS would be a no-brainer but... go figure.

Capacitive touch requires zero force and zero physical displacement for input. Wanted, or not. We tend toward resistive touch for mission critical touch HMI's in our industrial controls packages just for that reason. Resistive has it's issues, also, but you generally don't have to worry about "ghost inputs" from "spooky breezes". Even on Halloween...

We've found sunlight can really mess with the 9900's trackpad once it accumulates a certain amount of micro-scratches on it's surface. Polishing can help but replacement is cheap and easy on the 9900. Haven't seen this on our Classics, yet, so hoping they've fixed that issue??
    03-24-15 08:06 AM
    all you said is luckily happened also on my Q20! on sunlight theres ghost hand on my Q20!
    Maybe I should triple the screen protector ? so hopefully it will redure sensitive of the screen, how about yours on 9900 ? what you did to it ?

Thanks!
    03-24-15 10:23 PM
    What the hell is wrong with your phones?
    This is unheard of. Open BBVE and test your screens
    03-24-15 10:54 PM
    All pass on BBVE, light, proximity,accelerometer,holster,gyroscope,magnetom eter all pass
    no problem right now, but under sunlight or heavy wind theres a ghost hand on my q20
    03-24-15 11:52 PM
    What the hell is wrong with your phones?
    This is unheard of. Open BBVE and test your screens
    Long story short, windy & cold conditions have messed with some of our 9900 touchscreens. Sun will sometimes mess with 9900's trackpad. Nothing chronic but maddening when it happens. Ancient history for me. Glad to discuss elsewhere without highjacking OP's thread more than i already have. I don't think the "fix" that worked on our 9900s will help a Q20 anyway. Best to focus on the OP's Q20.

BBVE sounds like best start for OP but with such a new device, warranty might be best option?
    03-25-15 12:10 AM
    Ok, I'll try get the warranty then! thank you steve!
    04-01-15 10:55 PM
    I haven't noticed this problem on my classic. In the four years I used my Bold 9900 I didn't experience this problem either.

The fact that it only happens in the wind probably means that there is some sort of dust particle under the track pad or screen. Perhaps blow under the keyboard and try wiping it over with an isopropyl alcohol wipe - I bought 200 individually wrapped 'Clearwipe Lens Cleaner' wipes and I find they are perfect for using on the screen and keyboard of my Classic - they seem to draw out any dust or dirt particles which are unfortunately bound to find there way into a phone that has 30+ little holes.

One other thing I've noticed with my Classic is that because the battery lasts well into the next day (and therefore doesn't run out) and has a power key which I'm not used to using - I realised the other day that in the entire time I've had my phone I've never switched it off. That includes the time when I first turned it on and downloaded updates and installed apps - I don't know whether phones need to be restarted at regular intervals to keep them running at their optimum but it might not hurt to switch it off for 10 minutes or so and then turn it back on.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 11:43 PM
    The three "smart guys" in my office managed to modify a lock app for our 9900's to just lock the screen only. Works pretty well for our needs since that device's trackpad has access to 99+% of the 9900's functions.
    Is it possible to share the lock app? My 9900 has this bad when I'm out for my walks...
    04-02-15 12:02 AM
    Done!
    My Q20 has been healed by the service centre, it takes a week for them to fix the touchscreen (I don't know they replace the screen or some component inside it), tested under the sun and windy, all normal no more ghost hand on my Q20!

Thanks all!
    05-22-15 10:14 PM