I have an Android backup phone that has its album sync-ed to Onedrive (cloud), and while I can browse these photos on the Onedrive app on the Android phone without issues, I can't seem to do the same thing using my Classic...when I try to goto the same photo foler it just keep loading and loading and loading...

Anyone knows a fix to this issue? Thanks...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:19 PM
    Instead of the one drive app, use PlayCloud. It works great
    05-24-15 09:54 PM
    In general, this is the problem of OneDrive that keeps all the photos in a single folder.
    I, for one, accumulated over 70,000 of photos and videos on my NAS and decided to structure them in folders/subfolders based on date/time taken.
    When a single folder contains that many entries then it becomes quite expensive to list its contents.

I would suggest you try the PlayCloud application. The free version allows contents browsing but not uploads.
    I found it somewhat faster than built-in CFS connectors but as mentioned above it will just alleviate but not fully solve the issue.
    05-24-15 09:57 PM
    I have an Android backup phone that has its album sync-ed to Onedrive (cloud), and while I can browse these photos on the Onedrive app on the Android phone without issues, I can't seem to do the same thing using my Classic...when I try to goto the same photo foler it just keep loading and loading and loading...

Anyone knows a fix to this issue? Thanks...

Posted via CB10
    I don't get this issue. So far, I see that as soon as I do anything on my BlackBerry that has to come through OneDrive, and so long as I'm on WiFi--I have that setting to pause when over cellular, if I'm on my Mac, I'll start to see the little progress bar under the OneDrive Icon on the Mac OS X Menu bar synchronising the file, and once it stops, I can Spotlight Search for whatever the file is and it'll be on my Mac.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 10:06 PM
    I don't get this issue. So far, I see that as soon as I do anything on my BlackBerry that has to come through OneDrive, and so long as I'm on WiFi--I have that setting to pause when over cellular, if I'm on my Mac, I'll start to see the little progress bar under the OneDrive Icon on the Mac OS X Menu bar synchronising the file, and once it stops, I can Spotlight Search for whatever the file is and it'll be on my Mac.

Posted via CB10
    It depends on how many photos you have. And it's not just One-Drive. I've tried it with Box, Dropbox, and One drive, if there's a lot of photos, it will never load. It's annoying. I hope they fix it. I don't mind downloading apps, but I much rather it be built-in...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-24-15 10:32 PM
    Same trouble here. The default app does not keep some kind of cache, so, it takes too long to open big folders
    Using the Android app it does not happen, but I think that using both apps can broke auto upload.

I will try the Playcloud as suggested.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 01:05 PM
    Same trouble here. The default app does not keep some kind of cache, so, it takes too long to open big folders
    Using the Android app it does not happen, but I think that using both apps can broke auto upload.

I will try the Playcloud as suggested.

Posted via CB10
    Does playcloud support auto-upload for backing up photos?

06-07-15 06:06 PM
    Just downloaded playcloud, it's just as slow...

Attachment 356522

It's been a few minutes, still like that.

06-07-15 06:27 PM
    Use Onedrive from Amazon App Store - Works like a charm...

Posted from Nederland!
    06-07-15 06:51 PM
    It doesn't make sense that an Android app running on a runtime runs better than a native app running natively on this phone...

06-07-15 07:59 PM
    It doesn't make sense that an Android app running on a runtime runs better than a native app running natively on this phone...

It's not about native vs non-native. It's about, design, bugs, workarounds and algorithms. Sometimes there are trade-offs. Sometimes devs don't anticipate a particular scenario and users expose the limitations and shortcomings of a particular software implementation.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 09:44 PM

Try it...I downloaded it yesterday and it works super fast.

P.S this is coming from an Android hater

Posted from Nederland!
    06-07-15 10:06 PM
    The native one is build by BlackBerry using the limited API from Microsoft.

Posted from Nederland!
    06-07-15 10:11 PM
    Try it...I downloaded it yesterday and it works super fast.

P.S this is coming from an Android hater

Posted from Nederland!
    I'm not doubting that it's faster, I'm saying it makes no sense that a program within a container program would run better and faster than one running natively in the environment it's meant to run on. I know the Android app works better, I think it's crap that the Android version runs better on a BlackBerry than the BlackBerry version on a BlackBerry...

06-08-15 12:50 AM
    The native one is build by BlackBerry using the limited API from Microsoft.

Posted from Nederland!
    Oh, and BTW, I was talking about Box. I'm posting here because ALL of the cloud solutions work like crap on the phone unless you download the Android app. I'm using the Android app to view the files, and still have the BB version for the auto-backup since the Android version of the Box app doesn't support auto-upload unless I get the "pro" version. Not that I think it'll work on this phone anyway.

06-08-15 12:52 AM