So who's got the oldest one?

How's your battery holding up?

How anal are you about the charge process?

I've had two of these and moved onto other phones but I'm considering getting another cuz the keyboard... I miss it!
    03-08-17 12:16 PM
    I got mine on day one, the 17th December 2014, but probably someone received it before.

Although I had some issues in January with my battery, I am pretty satisfied now, almost 2,5 years after

The battery lasts the whole day, but I also take care to charge just at night most days

I used my Classic in Battery Saving Mode during tha last two months and that seemed to helped regaining the battery.

I also removed rights for most apps to run in the background and sometimes even close them manually over the CPU tab.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170309_152810.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	419027

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Akis Tsirogiannis; 03-09-17 at 02:49 AM.
    03-09-17 02:29 AM
    the main weakness I've found is the usb charging port. that can over time become less able to make a proper contact.
    joewoo likes this.
    03-10-17 07:39 AM
    the main weakness I've found is the usb charging port. that can over time become less able to make a proper contact.
    I've got the same issue with the charger that came with it. I use another one now and it fits just fine.

Posted via CB10
    pdss likes this.
    03-10-17 08:03 AM
    I too had this issue. After about a year and a half, there were a whole mix of things that unfortunately got-in my device around the same time. Blackberry server issue (which blackberry did not inform initially when they caught up with it, but later after resolving it, announced, by which time it was too late. I had moved in with half-info), whatsapp issue, battery not charging...finally I had to go for autoloader.
    Now, other than autoloader, no other file update take place on BB Link.
    When I changed the charging strip, the technecian perhaps did not fix it properly. I began having "turning off device" warnings coming in within a minute or two of bb operation. I was advised battery change as the technician said the battery had a puncture that appears to have been made by a screwdriver. After battery change, and fixing the charging strip properly, the "turning off device" has gone, but a new issue has come up. Battery drains out without use within about 4 hrs. System and PIM are using anywhere between 25% and 48% battery power with no other apps idle. I am taking this up on an appropriate forum. Unfortunately, there is no professional setup in India and even after a blackberry manufacturer has been contracted by BlackBerry, yet, support is practically non-existent.

03-21-17 02:25 AM
    WTF is happening? O.O almost empty in 2 hours?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170321_231107.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	419957

Posted via CB10
    03-21-17 10:32 AM
    Been using this Classic as my daily driver since February 2015. Have to say the battery is doing pretty good. I don't think there's really a lot of difference from when it new, to now.
    joewoo likes this.
    03-22-17 05:32 PM