First-time BlackBerry user, lured in by the Classic's toolbelt (long-time Nokia E Series convert).
    i am not disappointed at all - the UI is fantastic and very easy to learn. i appreciate the inbuilt help and tutorial apps (which i am accustomed to after a decade of Symbian).
    The only grievances i have so far are the spotty trackpad performance and automatic zoom/shift annoyances, both of which are limited to the Browser app.
    i am running OS v2576 and SW v1779
    05-22-15 09:32 PM
    I have had mine for a week and a bit, migrated from os7.

I have an iPad and Playbook as well. My IOS experience had me preferring the BB navigation. Now that I have experienced OS 10, it's official, BB's navigation HEAD AND SHOULDERS BETTER THAN APPLE!

I do have to experiment a bit with battery life, generally have to charge at night but hardly a disaster. We use Google Mail at work and hadn't been able to set os7 up to use it.
    BB10 took me no time at all to configure. The ONLY drawback has been that I don't have Google Chat/Hangouts available, but I can live without that, use Skype instead.

Great job Blackberry! (I really wanted the Passport, but this was $90 versus $260 through my carrier).
    06-10-15 03:22 PM
    Just got my Classic this week. Used the PassPort for a while, really liked it. However never really adopted the form factor and size 100%. I was about 85% committed, LOL. The Classic is like the Bold 9900 but all grown up. I was so disappointed with the Q10. It lacked that solid premium build and feel. There aren't too many apps I miss from Android here. Was never a big gamer. Hope to stay a long while. I love the way people look at you and say "You still use a BlackBerry? Why?" LOL...
    06-11-15 07:21 PM
    I just received my CLASSIC, putting it side by side with Z30 and Z10, I think this one feels totally different on hand, it feels much better, however I don't think the screen has the same oleophobic coating that Z30 has. The screen got into smudgefest really quick.
    I don't really like screen protectors, but if it will help with keeping hand oil/sweat to minimum, I can consider getting one. What is a good screen protector?
    06-12-15 04:18 PM
    Mine is here!
    Official I Got My Classic Thread!-87b7e96863a4470baa798a921d47afa0.png
    Official I Got My Classic Thread!-67f360bfd7b8bd7cb3ccbc87ddbb730d.png
    Attachment 357270
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 06-15-15 at 02:05 PM.
    WT44, Sakura1210, Aneres11 and 1 others like this.
    06-12-15 08:12 PM
    Mine is here!
    I actually think those shells (Cases) looks really great on the Classic.
    Well, the black one looks great on the black, not sure if the same could be said for other colours etc.

My Classic is out for delivery today!
    Excited!
    06-13-15 04:17 AM
    I actually think those shells (Cases) looks really great on the Classic.
    Well, the black one looks great on the black, not sure if the same could be said for other colours etc.

My Classic is out for delivery today!
    Excited!

Thanks, I'll most likely not use this unless I am traveling to city (chance of drop is greater) because I found the edges make it a bit more difficult to type on the keys that are closest to sides, plus Classic has a very nice balanced and solid feel, I want to enjoy it naked as much as I can. I really like it, except I wish BB would integrate the trackpad more into the OS, I can't use it to select certain things by default, I have to touch the trackpad (can't just hit enter even though they are highlighted).
    06-15-15 12:40 AM
    I went back to Black from a Samsung Mega. Among all of the smart phones I've used, from the iPhone to the Android, the best experience i had using a phone for business was the Bold 9700. So I went back to BB. I trust the battery and the build quality. Problem here in the Philippines is the support. But I took the risk still. Im loving the keyboard and the security and relief it brings. Hoping for greater things and better updates from Blackberry. Just really happy with the BB Classic.
    06-24-15 08:32 AM
    classic arrived today unbranded from t mobile wonder if its unlock ? nice not having to see t mobile on the back of it.
    06-29-15 06:23 PM
    Just got mine on verizon and i couldnt be happier. I didn't feel like it would be an upgrade from a z10, but i was wrong!
    06-30-15 07:31 AM
    Just got mine, upgraded from my beloved q10 which i thought was fab but in my opinion the classic just feels and looks so much better (sorry q10) and loving the toolbelt
    07-02-15 03:35 PM
    Having my Classic for three weeks now. Do not like the name. Do not like OS10. Tool belt is just a fa�ade. System is not adjusted for the trackpad. Everything is much too slow and cumbersome. Really disappointed. Thinking about getting a bold 9900 again.
    07-07-15 03:19 PM
    Having my Classic for three weeks now. Do not like the name. Do not like OS10. Tool belt is just a fa�ade. System is not adjusted for the trackpad. Everything is much too slow and cumbersome. Really disappointed. Thinking about getting a bold 9900 again.
    Which is even slower......a bit of browsing while waiting for the train is just a b*itch. I hate having to bring along both my iPhone 6 and my Bold.
    07-08-15 05:34 AM
    my white bb classic should arrive today. I have been reading and looking at review videos online. It is sad how much negativity and sly remarks go into these reviews. Just tell me if the phone is good or bad. Most review I have seen is like yeah the phone is good "IF" you like going back to doing things the blackberry way. very sad!
    07-08-15 05:43 AM
    I've had my Classic for about 13 days now, having a bit of fun getting used to the PKB again.
    Reminiscent and memories of my old Bold 9650. After legacy, went Z10, Q10, Z10, Z30, now Classic.
    This is an amazing phone.
    07-10-15 04:11 PM
    Finally broke down and got ours last week. Cant believe how much better these phones are than our 6 year old Torchs. Love them!
    07-11-15 04:56 PM
    Just unboxed my Blackberry classic! Loving it so far!

Big improvement from the q5 i replaced.
    07-13-15 05:21 PM
    Got mine two weeks ago and it's really growing on me.. Everyone around me is addicted to their phones and its refreshing to have a device no one else is using..

Working on a review.

Dunno if this is the place to ask but how do I disable the letter "V" from pasting? It gets really annoying.. thanks

EDIT (can't post links but you can see my unboxing on youtube/chivatech)
    07-18-15 11:29 PM
    True. Classic won't allow me to browse at all. Browser shuts itself down all of a sudden. I just want the standard functions like e-mail, phone, calendar, notes (just a text note, n o t remember!, which also is way to slow and crashes all the time) and contacts working seamlessly... Please, BlackBerry, just grant me that. *praying*
    07-27-15 12:15 PM
    I've had mine for 3 days, and I'm quite happy. Nice to have a keyboard again. I had to switch providers to go back to BlackBerry, and I'm not unhappy about that at all. Is there some kind of contact manager that will sync the extra fields that Outlook doesn't seem to want to touch? Or is there a PC-based contact manager that will sync with Contacts on the BB?
    07-30-15 01:32 PM
    Got mine on 7/31, i was on andriod for 6 years after switching from blackberry. i said it was time for a change and i miss my keyboard, so i am back. if only i could get andriod wear and google play services to work right. but its good to be back with a quality built device.
    08-03-15 02:42 PM
    I've had my blue Classic for a week now. Switched from Q10 which was my first BB phone. Overall I really enjoy using Classic. Here is a small list of pros and cons so far for me:
    pros:
    - bigger screen than Q10
    - larger keys on the keyboard than Q10 (not really an issue)
    - the overall design is very sexy, this phone is a real looker! (Main reason for buing it actually....)
    - back-material is cool as well (never liked the cheap plastic feel of Q10 back cover)
    - toolbelt is nice to have (easy to close apps, go to previous page on browser, answer phone calls) even though I don't find myself using trackpad at all
    cons:
    - on a closer look the phone seems not as high standard as the Q10 (I can see how the screen is glued on the sides)
    - the screen is not as high standard glass as on Q10, black is not as black for example. And it gets smudged easier
    - the blue highlight is very annoying when scrolling apps/web. All pictures get tinted blue. Hopefully this can be fixed in the next update
    08-04-15 07:01 AM
    That blue tint on the selected item is annoying, it obscures the image making it difficult to identify the selection. Very odd choice in an otherwise amazing UI.
    kertong likes this.
    08-05-15 11:32 PM
    Hi folks,

I've had my Classic for 4 days. Good days too.

The only issue I have is the SIM and SD bays. They don't meet in the middle nicely which seems rather strange.
    I've tried slotting the trays in separately and juggling a "dual-push" but either way, one or the other doors ends up looking like the attached photo. Anyone have any similar problems?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Official I Got My Classic Thread!-wp_20150806_12_28_29_pro.jpg
    08-05-15 11:40 PM
    Did it look like that when you unboxed the device? Are the sim and sd-card sitting comfortably in trays?

Don't have that issue, sorry to not be able to help more

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 03:43 AM
386 ... 678910 ...