Official I Got My Classic Thread!
Title says it all! Let's see those pics! Let's hear initial impressions! I'm on Verizon, so I have to live vicariously through the rest of you until, well, early 2015.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-20-14, 02:04 PM #2
- 203 Posts
Got mine on Friday, the 19th of December. First impression is the beauty. It looks very cute. Better looking than the Q10. Even though the camera specs says its 8mp, the shots are really good. the keyboard is smooth. Even though its heavier it really feels lighter handling than the Q10. So far so good, no double typing. Camera working.
Funny thing is even the keypad is there, i have tended to using the touch screen most times. U can only go far with the keypad, some functions still need the touch screen. An example is when re-arranging the Quick Settings. But generally so far so good.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-20-14, 03:12 PM #4
- 363 Posts
I got mine yesterday annnnnd the trackpad doesnt work!!! FUuuUuuU the top reason I wanted this device. Wiped and reloaded the OS thru link and nothing. Have to part ways with the phone today :'(
Preordered thru BB and DR only accepts returns?! No exchanges. So going to buy one from Telus store today.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-20-14, 06:49 PM #6
- 233 Posts
I got mine on first day.
I have also one problem with the trackpad.
Sometimes it doesn't respond.
But i think it is because the topside of the trackpad is a bit pushed in. You can feel it and see it but the rest is just perfect.
I love it i can't understand the flamers which say that it has poor specs. Apps and the OS runs perfectly fluid, the keyboard and the build quality are masterpieces of craftmanship, the screen is superb and the size of the device is just right not like the Passport.
Don't forget, it's not a toy it's a business machine
- 12-21-14, 11:47 AM #8
I got mine 2 days ago, and this is by no means a user review but some early impressions:
- phantastic build quality & great looks
- screen is great, bright, sharp, colourful, and the increased size makes a big improvement over the older Qs
- easier to hold, operate and carry in pants pockets than the Passport
- the classic keyboard simply is heaven. Now I know what I missed in the last 2 years, since giving up my 9900, even after 2 months of using the Passport. All commonly needed punctuation marks on physical keys, almost no more touchscreen tapping needed.
- trackpad, the bad: OS integration needs some further refinement. I'm finding myself preferring touchscreen action when calling menus, scrolling, and even when tapping a link in the browser. Pinching to zoom in and tapping the link with a finger still feels easier and speedier than to hit & sometimes miss with the tiny trackpad controlled cursor. Sometimes, selecting certain buttons in apps by use of the trackpad makes me feel lost, and I don't really know how to get there, and then decide to quickly finger tap instead.
- trackpad, the good: text editing, copy & paste etc. is, again, heaven, compared to the fingers only method.
- Some apps need new versions tailored to the Classic's specifics, like e.g. Blaq. Not a very big deal, as all that I tried could still be operated via standard OS10 gestures, but a matter of convenience and nicer optics.
- IN certain scenarios, double pressing the call end key is needed, to end a call, rather than a single press in other scenarios. I don't like that inconsistency, and hope for a fix in an OS update. I already have a thread running on this topic.
- No noticeable lags when using the phone, even compared to the Passport (on standard OS 10.3.0)
Passport or Classic? Of course I miss the bigger screen, but so far, I have been surprisingly pleased with the Classic's bigger then Q5/10 screens, which seem ridiculous by now. At the moment, I prefer the Classic due to better portability and the keyboard.
- 12-21-14, 05:02 PM #9
Yepper got my Classic on friday and I had No problem with shopbb or fedex as I hear some others have had . I am loving the size and weight and super screen still a lot of things to get used to coming from a 9900 but biggest notice is how blazing fast the browser is ,battery life is way better also and yes too bad the camera was not better and speakers (speaker) could be some better however is seems to be a great phone and sooo! glad I never went to iphone as a lot of Bud's did . Lets hear how Your Classic going ??
- CrackBerry User
12-21-14, 10:00 PM #10
- 14 Posts
Got mine the day after it came out (reserved through Rogers). Love it. My problems? Lack of custom filters for emails (I don't need 95% of my work emails on my phone) I'm coming from a Bold 9780, and I found this to be its most useful feature. I'm also having a problem with the email address saved to a contact profile just disappearing... hopefully that is a little bug I can fix soon! Otherwise, coming from a non-touch phone to a hybrid phone is actually kind of wonderful. It feels very comfortable and natural to switch back and forth.
- 12-21-14, 11:58 PM #11
Strangely, my Classic just arrived today... on Sunday... What??? Anyway, I can't use it yet because my holster hasn't arrived and I don't throw my phones into my pockets willy nilly needing to fish my pockets for my phone when I need it. So once the holster comes in, I'll get the nano sim and set the phone up and will give my thoughts. :-) Good looking device though.
- 12-22-14, 03:03 AM #13
anyway, i got mine last thursday. i took off the charge as soon as it shows 100% but now it hardly last a day. thereafter, i charged for about 9 hours when battery dipped to 10%. it's all nice the morning after, but the battery didn't last me more than 16 hours. i dont play games and my screen brightness is at 10. i am just wondering if it's because of my first charge (i only charged about 3 hours). kind suck for me because i was so looking forward to replace my 9900 with it..
can someone enlighten me, please? i have been so worried that my first impatient charge of 3 hours killed the battery... -___-
- 12-22-14, 04:14 AM #15
- 12-22-14, 09:12 PM #18
- 12-23-14, 07:57 AM #19
My Classic arrived yesterday, and I had my holster and nano sim ready and waiting! I've seen lots of complaints about ShopBlackBerry, but I've seen nothing but stellar customer service with my purchase. Great communication; they even sent an email the day my phone arrived with tech support numbers just in case. Anyway, about the phone; I love it! Setup could not have been easier. I had to call AT&T to transfer the service from my Q10 to my Classic. I read the person the number on the sim, then the IMEI number, she worked her magic and when I put the sim in the Classic it connected immediately. I had called on my Q10, so when she activated my nano sim the call cut out. I put the sim in the Classic, and after a bit it rang. That was the support agent calling me back because the call got dropped. But back to the phone. Is it too big; no. Too heavy, nope. I love the toolbar; being able to close an app with two clicks on the back key as opposed to trying to hit that tiny "x" in the lower right hand corner. Pictures look beautiful on the display, and text is sharp and clear. I am very happy with it; thank you BlackBerry!
- 12-23-14, 05:21 PM #20
Ordered 12/16 from Amazon took free shipping to help offset the sales tax ETA on deliver 12-23/24. Received on 12/20 and opened package 12/21. ATT installed sim card, everything working great. Takes a learning curve for BB10, however the hub set is is slower than OS7. Typing a bit slower because of auto correct. Can not one hand due to the phone being top heavy, also difficult to type two handed when laying on your back. Screen size and speakers work great. Making a call more difficult than 9900. Overall speed is good, battery will not last 7 hours, disappointed with BB10. Big learning curve for OS7 users.
- 12-23-14, 09:36 PM #22
This is my second day with the Classic and it's by far the best BlackBerry I've ever used. Zero complaints.
-Keyboard/tool belt is amazing. I sometimes have to remember to use the trackpad lol. Gestures work great!
-Weight is a good weight and feels very sturdy in your hand(s).
-Screen is nice, bright, sharp and way better than my Q10
-Android apps run very smooth, almost as good as my Galaxy S5.
-First full day of use and it's 6:30 pm and I still have 50% left after using the phone all day and running Apollo for a few hours.
-Classic holster is perfect and a great compliment.
Only cons that I can find that aren't a big deal to me anyway are:
-Notifications volume is a little low for my liking.
-Headphones don't have volume adjustment.
-Cant find a tempered glass protector lol!
-Thats all, and I'm just being picky here....
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-23-14, 09:42 PM #23
- 469 Posts
Office got a batch, people are like 'wowowo' lol (and one id!ot said blackberry are dead!) - i just laughed
Had one in my hands a few days ago... it's alright, but i'm sticking with my Q10 for a few more years (unless Blackberry release a new BOLD Series)
Keep strong blackberry!
- 12-24-14, 12:57 AM #25
Been playing around with it quite a bit today, tomorrow will be the real test, I'll bring it to work as my only device and see how it goes. I guess I'll report back with my Christmas Eve review, lol. Blend is pretty awesome so far, only disappointed it doesn't show facebook notifications, although, I guess since I'm on my PC, I can just have the facebook page open, lol.
- By Barger01 in forum BlackBerry ClassicReplies: 36Last Post: 12-15-15, 06:21 AM
- By Natarajan AV in forum BlackBerry Z3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-12-15, 12:41 PM
- By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-22-14, 11:55 PM
- By cooleddie in forum BlackBerry ClassicReplies: 1Last Post: 12-20-14, 02:05 PM
- By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-20-14, 01:33 PM