Your Classic battery won't last 7 hours? Crazy?

Posted via CB10
    I'm a very heavy user since I'm retired I'm normally on the mobil device 5-6 hrs a day. On 11/4/14, I cut my finger with a chop saw, on 11/14 they amputated 1/2" off, so recooping from that. I did type over 80wpm on a PC keyboard, for right now it is a hunt and peck.

Since I'm very limited on what I can physically do, like my remodeling project. My doctor (just spent a week in hospital) and wife won't let me play cards till I'm healed. So I watch football and answer blogs.

That being said, I can type faster with 2 thumbs on the 9900 and Classic so my phone usage is 2-3x for now. Time will tell if I will ever be able to type fast on a PC kb.

That is why my battery will drain faster than OP.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 12-24-14 at 03:20 AM.
    12-24-14 02:19 AM
    @Mr4aces get well soon.
    Your 7 hours times 3 quite well matches my Classic battery experience. I'm getting 20 to 35 hours out of it, depending on how intense I use it. The battery became significantly better after the first 3 full charging/discharging cycles.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 03:43 AM
    @Mr4aces get well soon.
    Your 7 hours times 3 quite well matches my Classic battery experience. I'm getting 20 to 35 hours out of it, depending on how intense I use it. The battery became significantly better after the first 3 full charging/discharging cycles.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

Nice to see OP getting longer battery life.

Yeah I'm on the mobil device 2-3x more and that is why my battery is being drained in 6-7 hours. Out of 6-7 hours I'm on it 80+% of the time.

Battery life is related to how much you use it and what apps are running.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    12-24-14 06:43 AM
    Ya man, get well soon.

You are a heavy user man (phone user lol). I thought I was but I'm still getting great battery life regardless of setting up my phone, you know all the app downloading, picture/note transfers, etc...

I expect the battery life to take a huge jump once all the setting up and "honey moon" phase is over.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:17 AM
    I'm a very heavy user since I'm retired I'm normally on the mobil device 5-6 hrs a day. On 11/4/14, I cut my finger with a chop saw, on 11/14 they amputated 1/2" off, so recooping from that. I did type over 80wpm on a PC keyboard, for right now it is a hunt and peck.

Since I'm very limited on what I can physically do, like my remodeling project. My doctor (just spent a week in hospital) and wife won't let me play cards till I'm healed. So I watch football and answer blogs.

That being said, I can type faster with 2 thumbs on the 9900 and Classic so my phone usage is 2-3x for now. Time will tell if I will ever be able to type fast on a PC kb.

Posted via CB10
    Ouch, that sucks man, I hope it wasn't a very important finger, lol. Like for me, my index finger on my right hand is like a treasure, if something happens to that finger I will cry.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-24-14 01:52 PM
    Yes, my index finger. Need to make a 1/2" prosthesis extension. lol
    12-24-14 04:45 PM
    I put the Blackberry Bold 9900 on my Christmas wish (Classic is not available in retail stores yet here in the UK). I opened my presents this morning: my boyfriend got me both the Bold and the Classic !!!Official I Got My Classic Thread!-classicbold.jpg

Devices i've owned BB 7730, 8707, Storm 1, Torch 9800, z10, Bold 9900 and Classic!
    12-25-14 03:01 AM
    I put the Blackberry Bold 9900 on my Christmas wish (Classic is not available in retail stores yet here in the UK). I opened my presents this morning: my boyfriend got me both the Bold and the Classic !!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClassicBold.jpg 
Views:	1202 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	323013

Devices i've owned BB 7730, 8707, Storm 1, Torch 9800, z10, Bold 9900 and Classic!
    Nice BF that gives great presents. He'd a keeper

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 04:27 AM
    I put the Blackberry Bold 9900 on my Christmas wish (Classic is not available in retail stores yet here in the UK). I opened my presents this morning: my boyfriend got me both the Bold and the Classic !!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClassicBold.jpg 
Views:	1202 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	323013

Sooooo spoiled, lol. Enjoy them. :-)
    Katnis and chflower like this.
    12-25-14 11:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Get better soon!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-25-14 04:40 PM
    To add.... I side loaded (super easy btw) Snap this morning and it's truly a night and day difference between Snap and Mobile 1/Amazon app store imo. The apps just run better, smoother, and you are not getting constant update notifications!

I didn't think my Classic could get any better....it just did!

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, Alain_A and JesseBabe23 like this.
    12-25-14 05:28 PM
    I posted this on the pre-order thread...but to make it 'official'...

I got my Classic (on the 24th actually). It's much bigger than I expected (a good thing) and the trackpad is smaller than I expected (not sure how I feel about that yet). One thing I noticed on this particular phone is that the trackpad is inset slightly crooked . Doubt I'll return it since I'm already emotionally attached I'll just consider that it gives it character and keep it moving...

I am loving it, but want to play with it for a few days before giving more ooey-gooey details.
    12-26-14 02:01 PM
    I have mine now since one week and love it.

Official I Got My Classic Thread!-image.jpg

Official I Got My Classic Thread!-image.jpg
    12-26-14 02:28 PM
    Got mine today from Amazon. I still own Bold 9000, Torch II, Bold 9780, Bold 9900 Q10, Z30, and Passport. So far so good. I will see how it will treat me within a week before I make a decision to send it back or........
    Katnis and Mr4aces like this.
    12-26-14 05:16 PM
    I just finished getting mine setup. It's great just as I figured it would be! I have zero complaints so far...BB did a great job on this device!
    Mr4aces and wasimraza like this.
    12-26-14 08:15 PM
    Got mine today from Amazon. I still own Bold 9000, Torch II, Bold 9780, Bold 9900 Q10, Z30, and Passport. So far so good. I will see how it will treat me within a week before I make a decision to send it back or........
    let us know between your Passport and Classic
    12-26-14 11:39 PM
    let us know between your Passport and Classic
    So, it's definitely is one hand usable device than passport. Now, this is in my opinion is really a premium "Classic " device. Battery life is great. I usually discharge my phone at 5 AM and it doesn't goes back to charger till 10 or 11 PM. Between all that time I do random social, YouTube, SMS and calls all day long. Screen brightness is same as Passport and performance too. Toolbelt...... it's a best thing they ever did to this phone. I think I am done buying BlackBerry phones for a long time before I hit bankruptcy. Lol!!!!

Via BlackBerry Classic 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    12-27-14 02:17 PM
    Got mine on the 17th and loving it! Huge upgrade from my dinosaur Moto Krazer flip even with the learning curve it's a blast!
    12-28-14 01:53 PM
    So, it's definitely is one hand usable device than passport. Now, this is in my opinion is really a premium "Classic " device. Battery life is great. I usually discharge my phone at 5 AM and it doesn't goes back to charger till 10 or 11 PM. Between all that time I do random social, YouTube, SMS and calls all day long. Screen brightness is same as Passport and performance too. Toolbelt...... it's a best thing they ever did to this phone. I think I am done buying BlackBerry phones for a long time before I hit bankruptcy. Lol!!!!

will you keep both????? which one will be your daily driver????
    12-28-14 02:47 PM
    will you keep both????? which one will be your daily driver????
    Hey buddy! This is getting harder for me to decide that should I keep it or send it back. I am falling in love with it already! I would like to keep classic as my daily driver and Passport as my Skypeing with my family and entertainment at home. I will decide it by friday. NTM, I have OEM soft shell cover on it and man oh man! isn't it more elegant!

12-28-14 03:32 PM
    decision all yours.....Unless you want to flip a coin as to...which one....Lol
    wasimraza likes this.
    12-28-14 03:38 PM
    i took the micro sim out of my note 4 and cut it into a nano sim and put it right into the classic and it works like a charm. I love this phone and i am getting fantastic batt life so far..no complaints here.
    My Classic arrived yesterday, and I had my holster and nano sim ready and waiting! I've seen lots of complaints about ShopBlackBerry, but I've seen nothing but stellar customer service with my purchase. Great communication; they even sent an email the day my phone arrived with tech support numbers just in case. Anyway, about the phone; I love it! Setup could not have been easier. I had to call AT&T to transfer the service from my Q10 to my Classic. I read the person the number on the sim, then the IMEI number, she worked her magic and when I put the sim in the Classic it connected immediately. I had called on my Q10, so when she activated my nano sim the call cut out. I put the sim in the Classic, and after a bit it rang. That was the support agent calling me back because the call got dropped. But back to the phone. Is it too big; no. Too heavy, nope. I love the toolbar; being able to close an app with two clicks on the back key as opposed to trying to hit that tiny "x" in the lower right hand corner. Pictures look beautiful on the display, and text is sharp and clear. I am very happy with it; thank you BlackBerry!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-29-14 02:06 PM
    It's been twelve days since launch, and at last my November 13th preorder has arrived. Real speedy service there. I commend them. I'm really enjoying the phone though, and I'm getting a free leather pouch (sometime within the next few months, judging by their speed of service), so I guess that's okay.
    12-29-14 05:50 PM
    It's been twelve days since launch, and at last my November 13th preorder has arrived. Real speedy service there. I commend them. I'm really enjoying the phone though, and I'm getting a free leather pouch (sometime within the next few months, judging by their speed of service), so I guess that's okay.
    yeah, next time go with amazon
    12-29-14 06:19 PM
    I received my unlocked BlackBerry Classic from BlackBerry directly on the 23rd of December. With family obligations I was unable to get to a Bell store to get a new Micro SIM card, so I spent a few days with it attached to my home Wi-Fi. I was able to get many of the account pre-setup. On the 27th of December, I rushed into my nearest Bell store with my old BB9900 and my new Classic, exchanged my old SIM for a new micro SIM and popped it in, and I was away!

Impressions vs. 9900:

I was so close to getting the Passport but due to it's size, I held off, and good thing as the Classic is about as big as I would want. Much better screen on the Classic than the 9900. The size is just right. While the Bold has a heavy weight, I feel the Classic a bit heaver. I assumed that as it's a bigger phone. Keyboard.... LOVE IT. I thought I would notice the difference as the Bold was slightly curved and the Classic is straight but so far it's a dream.

Build - The build quality is solid. Like the original Bold 9000 this thing is built to last. All buttons work perfectly and feel solid. I must say that I do not like the new charging port location (bottom) I have a few stands that my 9900 sat in that are no longer useful as the charging port is on the bottom vs. the side. Not a huge deal, but not to my liking.

Camera - What an improvement. I was able to try the new features and what a difference from the Bold. The front facing camera is not something I will use often, if at all, but it's a nice feature to have.

OS 10 - It took me a whole hour to get used to the new way to use the OS. Transfering data was not to challenging, but finding where it was, was a challenge. I had a hard time finding my 'notes' and realized just yesterday there are buried in the 'remember me' app. Also password keeper is not pre-loaded and you need to download it, then transfer data. I do not know about the rest of you, but I have 6 years of passwords in my BB and can't live without them. I feel Password Keeper should be pre-loaded.

Apps - Compared to the 9900, app selection is much approved. I have downloaded many apps from both the BB world and Amazon store and so far apps have worked well. A few of the Android apps still not fully functional, but I hope new releases with fix this.

My only negative that I have found is the native LinkedIn app. When creating or replying to a LinkedIn message as soon as I start typing the predictive typing field pops up, pushing up the fields and covering the actual text field. While I can still type in the field, I can't see what I am typing. Not sure if anyone else has this issue with the LinkedIn app?

Overall I am so excited I waited for the Classic as it is amazing and while I was sad to pack away my Bold 9900 as it was an amazing phone that never once let me down in the 3 years I had it. I took the screen protector and case off it, and it looked brand new again..... Bye Bye 9900 HELLO CLASSIC!!!!
    Katnis and Alain_A like this.
    12-30-14 07:00 AM
386 1234 ...