Just curious , do you have the hear sound when you receive a new notification in settings turned on, just checking it might help.
    03-14-15 08:32 PM
    I hear no notifications thru either of my BT headsets. (have PlaytontrIcs Voyager Legend and Plantronics Voyager Edge)

For clarity: Notifications sound on the. Device itself, just no notifications sounding in BT headset (either one)
    Also the headset works fine for inbound/outbound calls.

Tour > Bold 9930 > Classic SQC100-3
    03-14-15 09:17 PM
    My notifications don't sound over Bluetooth to my truck (Ford Sync) either. Notifications from my IP5 did. Ditto for ringtones on incoming calls; not with my BB (I hear the Sync default ringer), but did have my device's ringtone when using my IP5.
    Zippomeister likes this.
    03-14-15 10:52 PM
    I think it is OS controlled. With headphones or audio cable connected the phone rings/notifies at the phone as well.

My ringtone does not ring through to my BT headset either. I wish it would and I wish it would identify who was calling.

emPowered by 
    03-15-15 01:15 PM
    I think it is OS controlled. With headphones or audio cable connected the phone rings/notifies at the phone as well.

My ringtone does not ring through to my BT headset either. I wish it would and I wish it would identify who was calling.
    That is correct. The notifications don't come through any headset wired or Bluetooth on any BB10 device. It's a OS problem. If your listing to music with any BB10 device and you get a phone call the music is muted and the ringtone is sounded from the handset speaker. I haven't found a way round it.

Classically posted.
    03-16-15 02:07 AM
    Well....interesting observation johnburton_UK. *If* as you assert BB 10 doesn't support notifications thru any headset, BT or wired then of course I'm on a dead-quest.

Thing is both Blackberry Tech Support and Verizon Tech Support have stated the Classic *should* announce notifications thru my BT headset.

I routinely wear my wireless headset during my business day, taking it off for meetings and such. I carry my Classic in a Blackberry Holster, and can't hear the notifications from the holstered device most of the time.

Surely I'm not the only guy who uses/wants the Classic to announce notifications thru the headset??

Please comment if you use your phone this way (or not).
    03-16-15 11:01 AM
    For what it's worth, I started a thread in Beta Zone requesting this ability to be added in the OS.

From hints of a slider device, BlackBerry is listening to some degree. Hopefully this can be addressed soon.

emPowered by 
    Zippomeister likes this.
    03-16-15 04:42 PM
    My notifications don't sound over Bluetooth to my truck (Ford Sync) either. Notifications from my IP5 did. Ditto for ringtones on incoming calls; not with my BB (I hear the Sync default ringer), but did have my device's ringtone when using my IP5.
    This is now fixed with today's OS update to S.R. .1779, OS .2576. My text notifications were sounding through Sync. I reset my Sync ringer setting to see if ringtone also sounds as phone ringtone, but didn't receive an incoming call that late in the afternoon LOL!
    03-16-15 07:20 PM
    Got a written reply from Blackberry Tech Support today (see below).

After multiple calls to Verizon Tech Support and Blackberry over the last almost 2 weeks I am told the Classic does not support any notifications via Bluetooth (except calls).

"We apologize for the late update. We just heard back from our analyst. As they confirmed, all other types of notification will not be routed to the Bluetooth headset because by design, it is not supported. This would be the behavior for all Bluetooth devices and not specific to a particular brand. It is a feature not supported for the type of Bluetooth profile we have on the BlackBerry Classic specifically. We will wait for their response if it will be available and supported in the near future or if can be a suggested add on in the next software updates. We will get back to you soon as we heard back from them if it will be included in the future updates or whether or not it'll be available for the Classic.
    03-17-15 01:03 PM
    Well....interesting observation johnburton_UK. *If* as you assert BB 10 doesn't support notifications thru any headset, BT or wired then of course I'm on a dead-quest.
    I wish it did support notifications through headsets, it would be handy.
    I did the update today and tried out a headset in the hope it has changed. But sadly still no ring tone though my wired headset.

Classically posted.
    03-17-15 03:21 PM
    Thanks johnburton_UK. Trying a leak was my next move.

Any improvements you can point to?

03-17-15 04:29 PM
    I use an app called Power Tools and any tones I have setup through there I do receive an alert in my Jawbone ERA device. I also receive them in my LG Bluetooth headphones and the regular ear buds.

It's unfortunate that the tones that are set through the native side don't play in them, but outside of the phone calls I do get tones now. I have my texts, BBM, emails, FB, Twitter setup through the app and they work fine.

I have also noticed that if I'm listening to music though any of them that if I do receive a call the music will stop which kinda lets me know the call is incoming (even though the tone is played from the device speakers only).

Just an option for you.
    03-17-15 04:43 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check em out.

03-17-15 06:38 PM
    Got a written reply from Blackberry Tech Support today (see below).

After multiple calls to Verizon Tech Support and Blackberry over the last almost 2 weeks I am told the Classic does not support any notifications via Bluetooth (except calls).

"We apologize for the late update. We just heard back from our analyst. As they confirmed, all other types of notification will not be routed to the Bluetooth headset because by design, it is not supported. This would be the behavior for all Bluetooth devices and not specific to a particular brand. It is a feature not supported for the type of Bluetooth profile we have on the BlackBerry Classic specifically. We will wait for their response if it will be available and supported in the near future or if can be a suggested add on in the next software updates. We will get back to you soon as we heard back from them if it will be included in the future updates or whether or not it'll be available for the Classic.
    I now think this may be correct. My notifications sound through BT (Ford SYNC), but only when I am actively in a phone call over BT. Otherwise, no.
    03-17-15 08:59 PM
    I have had an older Motorola headset and it beeped when I didn't have cellular coverage. Not a good thing to have in my area. It kills the battery and drove me batty. I ended up using it for fishing. If it fell into the water, oh well.
    03-17-15 09:06 PM
    Zippo,

As much as I love BlackBerry and the devices/OS they create, I feel this feature should be a given in the 21st century. I mean, sure not everybody uses a BT headset, but those that do want the full experience of the technology and concept of utilizing the device without having to take away from other tasks as much as possible.

In this stage of OS 10, we should have full BT profile support that not only allows us to know who is calling and hear our ringtone/notification but perform the most used functions of our device via voice.

BB10 isn't there just yet but let's not give up on it, even with the current limitations. The squeaking wheel gets the grease, afterall. Let's keep this thread alive and let BlackBerry know we want full headset support.

emPowered by 
    03-17-15 09:49 PM
    Celtic,
    I totally agree. BlackBerry 10 should include this capability.

My wife's Galaxy S5 can do this (notifications thru BT headset). Mortifying....I am now restrained from offering opinions on her phone LOL.

I received yet another call yesterday from BlackBerry, acknowledging multiple requests/whines about this issue, but stopped short of any kind of promise to update in future releases. (understandably)

03-18-15 09:52 AM
    I wanted to share this...

I was heading over to a friend's house and had my phone plugged in via headphone jack for music. My friend sent me a text and the notification played through my car stereo. I didn't try a phone conversation or my BT headset yet

I wonder if the music needs to be playing... I will experiment more

emPowered by 
    03-19-15 06:43 PM
    I wanted to share this...

I was heading over to a friend's house and had my phone plugged in via headphone jack for music. My friend sent me a text and the notification played through my car stereo. I didn't try a phone conversation or my BT headset yet

I wonder if the music needs to be playing... I will experiment more

emPowered by 
    From my experiences the music needs to be playing to get the notification through the headphones. I think Phone calls are the exception when using BT.
    03-20-15 06:33 AM
    I've always been able to hear notifications through wired headphones, with no music playing, with every pair of headphones I've had, which is quite a lot bc I brake them quickly. So I'm not sure why ppl are saying it doesn't work with wired head phones.

Just got these bluetooth headphones and the notifications won't play. I read all the posts so I know BlackBerry said they don't offer this. Figured I'd post since there have been OS updates since the last post to say it still isn't working unfortunately.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-07-15 12:21 PM
    I have also a Plantronics Voyager and alerts, WhatsApps etc. are not routed from my Q10.

Albeit, I can hear them from my old Galaxy S4.

I reported this in a previous survey; hope BlackBerry can implement such feature.

It's a pitty, time for iPhone

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 03:18 PM
    actually most bluetooth headsets have some sort of alert sound when your phone rings, some headsets even alert you when you recieve text or email, and some of the motorola even read your texts to you, but idk y this bb headset doesnt
    01-31-16 10:38 AM
    Uh, I consider this the best feature. I HATE that when you're connected to BT speakers that Android announces to the entire world that you're getting notifications... That's my business, even if I'm playing music for others. It annoys the crap out of me. Even if I'm alone, I don't want my notifications interrupting my music. I love that BB10 keeps it private on your phone.

But maybe they should have options for those who don't mind announcing to the entire room that you're having a conversation with someone... Even better is if there's an option to only do that for headsets, but then it's up to if it can tell it's a headset or just speakers.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-31-16 12:44 PM
    The same issue with BB Passport OS 10.3.3.1463.
    Any solution for it ?
    02-16-17 07:26 AM
49 12