Why isn't it there by default? My phone is set under USA. So anyone knows an easy way add it? I know there's quite a few threads regarding this but they are all old and seem unresolved.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Last edited by artlu629; 01-05-15 at 03:40 AM.
    12-30-14 03:43 PM
    webcal://www.calendarlabs.com/templates/ical/US-Holidays.ics

Posted via CB10
    Cranky likes this.
    12-30-14 04:08 PM
    Before I click on that link can someone vouch for that website?

12-30-14 04:49 PM
    I use Google calendar for all of the holidays.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-30-14 05:55 PM
    I downloaded Google Calendar recently and the holidays doesn't show as well.

12-30-14 11:00 PM
    I downloaded Google Calendar recently and the holidays doesn't show as well.

Go to ur laptop, access the Google calendar and set it up from there.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    01-01-15 11:48 AM
    Go to ur laptop, access the Google calendar and set it up from there.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    The holidays show on my Nexus 5 but not on the Classic.

01-01-15 11:58 AM
    I use Hotmail for email and calendar. That fills up all the US holidays (and contacts' birthdays) on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 12:13 PM
    I use Hotmail for email and calendar. That fills up all the US holidays (and contacts' birthdays) on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Do I need another email account? =)

01-01-15 02:10 PM
    I am not sure, but does any phone's calendar come up with country based holiday appointments preloaded? Usually you either need to set those by hand or by importing an existing calendar datasheet, for example the linked. ics file.
    The most easy way is to sync your calendar online using a service which, at least optional, provides a default holiday calendar. I use Outlook.com which has a preconfigured holiday calendar based on your country settings. I think Google Calendar also features such a thing.

In order to use that, you either need to create your account with such a service or need to sign in your BlackBerry with an existing one. On one of the last steps, you can select what kind of data should be synced. You can opt for mails, contacts and calendar. Needless to say you must select calendar syncing on order to get things working. If nothing shows up, you need to check the calendar on the website of your service provider if everything there is in order. Next check your BlackBerry device, sometimes you need to remove the account, reboot and add it again in order to get that synchronisation working.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:18 PM
    Edit: Update. Solved! I just created a Gmail account and sync data. I guess I am finally getting rid of Yahoo Email since it doesn't sync calendar or have push email for BlackBerry. It's been a good 10 years relationship, Yahoo, but I'm leaving you for a younger, better email.

bakron1 likes this.
    01-05-15 03:41 AM
    Edit: Update. Solved! I just created a Gmail account and sync data. I guess I am finally getting rid of Yahoo Email since it doesn't sync calendar or have push email for BlackBerry. It's been a good 10 years relationship, Yahoo, but I'm leaving you for a younger, better email.

I have been using Gmail since 2007 and I couldn't be happier, I only wish they had a return receipt function.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-05-15 04:52 AM
    I am finally getting rid of Yahoo Email since it doesn't sync calendar or have push email for BlackBerry.
    Yahoo here and calendar is syncing for me.
    01-05-15 07:08 AM
    I am not sure, but does any phone's calendar come up with country based holiday appointments preloaded? Usually you either need to set those by hand or by importing an existing calendar datasheet, for example the linked. ics file.
    The most easy way is to sync your calendar online using a service which, at least optional, provides a default holiday calendar. I use Outlook.com which has a preconfigured holiday calendar based on your country settings. I think Google Calendar also features such a thing.

In order to use that, you either need to create your account with such a service or need to sign in your BlackBerry with an existing one. On one of the last steps, you can select what kind of data should be synced. You can opt for mails, contacts and calendar. Needless to say you must select calendar syncing on order to get things working. If nothing shows up, you need to check the calendar on the website of your service provider if everything there is in order. Next check your BlackBerry device, sometimes you need to remove the account, reboot and add it again in order to get that synchronisation working.

Posted via CB10
    Brings up an interesting point. Now that I think about it, I haven't had any phone come with pre-loaded US holidays either. You can load any calendar holiday set you like after you buy the phone. Not coming with one installed doesn't seem like any mark against the company. That's an individual thing that any one can add as they like.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 07:29 AM
    Yahoo here and calendar is syncing for me.
    Really? The contacts synced for me but I couldn't get the calendar to sync. It is true that Yahoo no longer support push for BlackBerry? I remember it working really well on my 9800.

01-05-15 02:07 PM
    Brings up an interesting point. Now that I think about it, I haven't had any phone come with pre-loaded US holidays either. You can load any calendar holiday set you like after you buy the phone. Not coming with one installed doesn't seem like any mark against the company. That's an individual thing that any one can add as they like.

Posted via CB10
    Showing national holidays on calendar app seems like such a basic thing to have. It's like buying a physical calendar and manually write on the holidays. It's totally understandable that birthdays does not show but national holidays?

01-05-15 02:12 PM