Have posted a few times on reddit about the new classic I got through TMO and in the beginning I had more issues than I cared for and still have a few that are keeping me on the fence about the device. I need to get solutions for these before next Friday or the device will have to go back. Honestly I want to keep it but need these last few things figured out please.

1) When I set the phone to silent for work and then place a call on lunch it automatically resets the profile to Normal, I do not know if this is a "feature" or a bug but I would much rather have it stay on whatever profile I set til I decide to reset it.

2) Media sync, let me elaborate some please. I want to buy a 128gig card and then install it, at which point I want to have a music folder under the OneDrive folder on my PC. I want them both to be synced so the BB has same files as my desktop and this will allow OneDrive to act as a backup if PC and/or BB are damaged, etc I have played with BB Link and Blend and either I am not familiar enough to get it to work or it just doesn't for me. When I try to go to music under device in Link it just sits and spins never refreshing/syncing the page. I dont use iTunes or have WMP installed, just want folders, sub-folders for the MP3 files. Syncing via WiFi is fine, dont need Bluetooth or anything.

2.1) As a bonus is it it would be nice if any picture or video I take would be uploaded to OneDrive shortly after it is taken. I know I read about it somewhere but I dont recall where.

3) The BB Assistant is just horrible, simple things seem to confuse, for instance I wanted the number for social security office, and it would ignore all but the word security then try to open the settings. Asked it something along the lines of Walgreens phone number and it searched the phone only. Now this could be my fault since I am new to this but the responses seemed infuriating to me. Any tips, tricks, adjustments to make it bearable would be welcome as well.

4) This is more of just wondering than anything else but anyone here use the OEM leather sleeve? I bought one and actually like it a lot however I am wondering if there is any danger of it eroding/rubbing away the finish or etc? Could it damage anything? Reason I ask is I know years and years ago even OEM holsters, cases, etc sometimes have unforeseen problems.

5) I noticed there are apps I can delete, such as the text message app. I dont care for redundancy with apps so if I dont need it I would like to uninstall it. Or is it needed for the hub to function? Would like to get rid of: Story maker - how by the way, seems I cant Text messages Amazon App store - Trying for all apps from BBW

I am very thankful for all the help and I know there will be more questions but for now these are the big ones I need solid solutions for. I do work mon-fri second shift so some of this stuff I haven't been able to test fully so I am not just to lazy to research but the old BB I knew from 2009 is gone and I have been into google for so long I have trouble seeing anything else.

Thank you for your time
    05-23-15 01:58 AM
    1. Unsure because this never happened to me.

2. If you're looking to copy all your music folders, the best way is put your phone into USB Mass Storage mode. Plug it into your computer and copy and paste from there.

2.1 Onedrive should already be set to sync all your new photos and videos when you take them. Are you using native or Android app version?

3. Just needs a little time to play with. Click the "i" on the bottom right corner and there are help on getting the most out of BB Assistant.

4. I never use cases so wouldn't know what to recommend.

5. You can't delete system apps like text or else you won't be able to text anymore. I usually create a folder and put all the unused and redundant icon apps in there.
    05-23-15 04:08 AM
    2. If you're looking to copy all your music folders, the best way is put your phone into USB Mass Storage mode. Plug it into your computer and copy and paste from there.
    There has to be a better solution than remembering to manual sync folders between devices. Surely someone has gotten this to work.

2.1 Onedrive should already be set to sync all your new photos and videos when you take them. Are you using native or Android app version?
    I am using the native "Connect to OneDrive" app and have both syncs turned on. I can see under the OneDrive section in the File Manager that there is a BlackBerry folder with the logo on it but there is a sync arrow icon in the corner but it never syncs. I have tried to pause then resume and click sync now but nothing ever happens. I even have the mobile data option checked incase that mattered at all.

I know there is a thread about this same issue so I am not sure if it is just me. Would play cloud 10 work any better for the syncing?

I am thankful for the reply and hope others are able to shed some light on these issues as well so I can find working solutions.
    Thank you.
    05-23-15 08:00 AM
    1...depends on what you mean by "Silent". If you mean "Bedside Mode" so you get no notifications, then from I understand, making a call will take your device back to its normal default profile. Now if you mean "Silent" as in toggling between profile settings like Normal, Silent, Vibrate, etc then making a call shouldn't impact the profile your phone is set on.

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    05-23-15 08:34 AM
    1...depends on what you mean by "Silent". If you mean "Bedside Mode" so you get no notifications, then from I understand, making a call will take your device back to its normal default profile. Now if you mean "Silent" as in toggling between profile settings like Normal, Silent, Vibrate, etc then making a call shouldn't impact the profile your phone is set on.

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    Not bedside mode. I mean actually going to quick settings and toggling it to silent. Or long pressing Q from home screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 08:56 AM
    Oh so you're having an OneDrive issue. I would turn off the mobile data sync and try syncing it with wifi and see if that helps.

I think if the syncing symbol is active all the time, it might be that OneDrive is trying to repeatedly uploading a stuck file that keeps on failing. Mostly likely a video that's too big and OneDrive itself have a limit file size upload unless you sign up for premium membership.

I am using the native "Connect to OneDrive" app and have both syncs turned on. I can see under the OneDrive section in the File Manager that there is a BlackBerry folder with the logo on it but there is a sync arrow icon in the corner but it never syncs. I have tried to pause then resume and click sync now but nothing ever happens. I even have the mobile data option checked incase that mattered at all.

I know there is a thread about this same issue so I am not sure if it is just me. Would play cloud 10 work any better for the syncing?

I am thankful for the reply and hope others are able to shed some light on these issues as well so I can find working solutions.
    Thank you.
    05-23-15 01:06 PM
    Oh so you're having an OneDrive issue. I would turn off the mobile data sync and try syncing it with wifi and see if that helps.

I think if the syncing symbol is active all the time, it might be that OneDrive is trying to repeatedly uploading a stuck file that keeps on failing. Mostly likely a video that's too big and OneDrive itself have a limit file size upload unless you sign up for premium membership.
    Sorry for the late reply.
    The pics are under 5Mb each so that isnt it.
    From the phone file manager app under the OneDrive section it shows BlackBerry with sync icon in top corner but the PC dir nor the website shows this folder.
    05-24-15 12:55 AM