Hi first post and it'd been a intresting first night. I've owned every iphone 1 threw 6 so this is a jump for me. My att store was usless and att support was a waste also. I'm looking to sinc contacts. Do I need my old iphone or can I get the data out of I tunes. Thanks for the help jeff-
    04-23-15 09:24 PM
    Welcome to the darkside. If you're coming from an iphone I would say the fastest and easiest way to move contacts would be to copy them onto your SIM card on the iphone then import them from the SIM onto your Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:28 PM
    Are your contacts synced with an email account? By adding that account you'll get back your contacts

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:29 PM
    Hi Jeff, welcome to the forums. This site below will help you out with your device switch :-)

Device Switch - Canada

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/Dev...e-Andriod.html

PS - don't forget to turn off iMessage

Before you remove the SIM card from your iPhone, make sure you turn off iMessage so that new text messages can be delivered to your new BlackBerry 10 device.

1.On your iPhone, tap Settings > Messages.
    2.Set the iMessage switch to Off.
    thymaster likes this.
    04-23-15 09:30 PM
    Yes very critical step or else you will end up with the iMessage disaster that's been a nightmare for iOS users trying to migrate to other platforms.

Apple sure isn't going to fix their own problem so you have to act fast yourself.

PS - don't forget to turn off iMessage

Before you remove the SIM card from your iPhone, make sure you turn off iMessage so that new text messages can be delivered to your new BlackBerry 10 device.

1.On your iPhone, tap Settings > Messages.
    2.Set the iMessage switch to Off.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 04:41 AM
    Thanks for the help, they turn off the imessage at the store but we deleted everything on the I phone and switch Sims (side note my father is taking over my iphone and is picking it up Sat.). Phone,email and text are working fine my issue is with loading contacts and music. I have a small window to get my old phone back if I need it to transfer items I'm assuming I'll have to load all my info from itunes to the 6 and do a device transfer. Thanks Jeff-

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 07:24 AM
    For your music in iTunes you can install Blend (which includes BB Link) on your desktop ( BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - US ). In the Link application you will be able to Sync your music by choosing the media source (Windows or iTunes) this way you will still have all of your iTunes music.

As for the Contacts I used Device Switch for my daughters phone ( Device Switch ) I don't know if this is too late for you to use.
    04-24-15 07:40 AM
    For your music in iTunes you can install Blend (which includes BB Link) on your desktop ( BlackBerry Blend ? Desktop Software for BlackBerry - US ). In the Link application you will be able to Sync your music by choosing the media source (Windows or iTunes) this way you will still have all of your iTunes music.

As for the Contacts I used Device Switch for my daughters phone ( Device Switch ) I don't know if this is too late for you to use.
    ^^^^ this.

Yes BlackBerry Link should help you to do this. Like he said, you just have to point link to the correct iTunes folders to sync with.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-24-15 07:53 AM
    Just use device switch app. You can download it from BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 11:19 AM
    04-24-15 08:15 PM
    Thanks everything seems good and transfered over now the learning curve starts. I'm now looking to get a app off of Google play any advice? Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 11:42 PM
    The easiest way to download from Google Play would be to install and use Snap:
    Snap v3 Beta now available for download | CrackBerry.com
    04-24-15 11:54 PM
    The easiest way to download from Google Play is to use the Google Play Store. No sideloading required, you can buy apps and as a side effect you can login to Google Maps.
    04-27-15 07:10 AM
    Welcome to BB. I migrated over to the Classic after being a longtime iPhone user myself. I've had all of my music and contacts on the cloud forever though, so I didn't experience the issues you're having. I know that's less than helpful, but going forward you may want to consider that as an option.
    04-28-15 09:31 AM
    Under cardDAV you can add you icloud account.
    This will sync all of your contacts

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 10:19 AM
    Thanks everything seems good and transfered over now the learning curve starts. I'm now looking to get a app off of Google play any advice? Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Hi Jeff,
    You should ask around if you're looking for a specific app. Not all android apps work, and some that don't work might have a workaround for them. Which is why I suggest mentioning here what apps you're looking for and I'm sure plenty of us will be glad to help you find them or find a substitute.

Good luck!
    04-28-15 11:09 AM
    I am debating on switching from Iphone 6 to BB Classic. I had Q10 before Iphone and also had a Note 2.

Anyone else switched from Iphone? How was transition?

Can one switch sims between? Or do i have to have Verizon store do it?
    04-30-15 11:21 PM
    whattttt
    04-30-15 11:31 PM
    I am debating on switching from Iphone 6 to BB Classic. I had Q10 before Iphone and also had a Note 2.

Anyone else switched from Iphone? How was transition?

Can one switch sims between? Or do i have to have Verizon store do it?

I did the same thing, also on Verizon. I just popped in my iPhone 6 sim card and turned it on and am still using it. Make sure to turn off iMessage first before swapping the sim. The transition to the Classic has been easy and I haven't had a second thought since switching.

Verizon Classic / 10.3.2.500
    05-01-15 06:23 AM