� and I am very disappointed with it. Don�t get me wrong it is a solid device and you probably can be more productive with it than compared to the Q10 BECAUSE of the tool belt. I am a big fan of the tool belt BUT

(-) It is way too big, the size factor is not right for a blackberry. Instead of being slim, small and smart it is huge, heavy and also smart (of course).

(-) The backside is crap. It looks sooo cheap and it feels even cheaper. Sry, but this really is a no-go. Why not use the backcover of the Q10 or the Passport? Why make it cheap? I don�t get it Blackberry!?!

(+) I love the silver bezel. Blackberry did a good job with reintroducing that.

Concluding: Form factor is poor, too big, too fat and the backside looks and feels cheap. If this device was 15 to 20 % smaller and the backcover was made of a solid material � I would love this device.*

And some other issues:

(-) I miss the Q10 amoled display. Or, why did Blackberry didn�t increase the resolution like with the Passport? Why give the classic user the impression, he is just a second-class Blackberry user compared to the Passport user?

(-) Trackpad. It is (substantially) smaller and it feels somewhat different from the trackpads I am used to (Bold 9900, 9790).

(-) non removable battery. Not a huge issue for me, but I don�t know why they didn�t go for that.

I am a Blackberry loyalist and I really love their phones. I loved the torch, the bold 9900, bold 9790 and the Q10 (after a period of time adapting to it). But I don�t know why Blackberry is producing such a phone like the classic. It is not a high end phone, it is just a misguided reproduction of the Q10 with a tool-belt. You made perfect phones Blackberry: the Bold 9900 and the Q10? Why not mix those tow and make an even better phone? But the classic is a huge disappointment. If I want a huge phone, I would go for the Passport.

And the thing that really offends me and annoys me: Producing a high end phone like the Passport and then hand a phone with the specs from yesterday to a classic blackberry user. This is really insulting!!!*

Sry Blackberry, but I hope you do better with your next QWERTY.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy, ADGrant, tanzarian and 4 others like this.
    12-21-14 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the candid opinion.

I ordered the classic just for the trackpad/toolbelt, so for me i'll be less disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:48 PM
    Why don't people understand? BlackBerry has made it VERY clear. Classic is an upgrade to the 9900. And in that role, it is a fantastic upgrade. It isn't trying to get you from your iPhone or Android. It's not looking to make you put down your passport or z30.

Classic is there for companies who are currently happily paying 400 dollars for a tool, the 9900 to upgrade to a new device.

Yes some consumers want it as well, and they will be happy to sell to you, if your complaining about specs, this isn't the phone your looking for.

People who were using the 9900 didn't understand the q series. A lot of people needed that trackpad to get them over learning curve.

Also a lot of companies didn't upgrade to bes10 because it was expensive. With ez pass bes12 a lot of companies can now start to manage bb10 devices, and BlackBerry needed a new product to help with that transition.

I think I will soon see a lot of classics in my work environment where everyone currently has a 9900.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the candid opinion.

I ordered the classic just for the trackpad/toolbelt, so for me i'll be less disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    me too
    12-21-14 03:55 PM
    how big can it be? I was thinking its a let down after using the PP in terms of size.
    John Crist and Amy wineBerry like this.
    12-21-14 03:56 PM
    You seem like a very informed individual.
    12-21-14 03:57 PM
    If you are interested in selling, please let me know.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    12-21-14 03:58 PM
    I just had a choice to pick from a Q10 and a Classic for work, coming from a Bold 9900, and I chose the Classic for the belt, lcd, and bigger battery.

Heck, if I had the choice, I'd probably just stick to my 9900. I love that phone for work!!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:48 PM
    You seem like a very informed individual.
    This.

All physical complaints easily researched before purchase.
    John Crist and anthony2558 like this.
    12-21-14 05:44 PM
    Thanks for the review! It's good to read users experiences.
    datgur1 likes this.
    12-21-14 05:47 PM
    You say you had to adjust to the Q10.. why don't you give yourself time to adjust to the Classic before you decide you can't live with it. Get a case for it and see if the size grows on you. I'm looking forward to the bigger screen, personally.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:57 PM
    Doubtful BlackBerry will ever trot out a new device with a removable battery, because it prolongs the use of the device, thereby making it less likely you will buy new Blackberry hardware after a couple of years. I understand the OP's opinions. I need to try the Classic's trackpad itself to decide whether it is big enough to work for me.

Posted via CB10 | VZW Z30 on at&t LTE
    Last edited by Avenzuno; 12-21-14 at 06:36 PM.
    12-21-14 06:05 PM
    Sorry to disagree with you on all counts OP. I love this screen. Way more than the AMOLED.

I like the weight and the bigger screen. I am done with tiny phones. One of the things I did not like about my 9900 was the tiny screen as did millions and moved to bigger screen device. The market spoke and BlackBerry listened. Seems like they can't win.

Each to his own.

Posted Via The Classic
    12-21-14 06:09 PM
    As an owner of many legacy devices, and more recently the Z10, Q10, Z30 and Passport which I just could not get used to, I think this phone is amazing. I have been using it for three days now and the thing that I really missed was the keypad. Almost instantly, I was typing away like I used to with my 9900. I loved the Z30, but still can't get used to the virtual keypad so I kept going back to the Q. That said, the one thing I felt the Q lacked was a larger display and just being too small in general. This phone just feels right. Is it heavier? Yes. Larger? Yes, but it just feels right. I am still learning to integrate the trackpad again but I could not be happier. This phone has a purpose, but for me it's the perfect business device.
    Last edited by RJurman; 12-21-14 at 06:41 PM.
    12-21-14 06:28 PM
    I wish it were smaller too. Seems ridiculously tall. I can't understand why we need that area above the screen just for the "Blackberry" name and logo. If it's a business phone it should be strictly business and have a simple design that makes sense. I think you could also make the bottom of the keyboard sloped so it doesn't seem like a wasted area.

I had an XT560 before this Q10 and the keyboard layout, the non-square screen, the waterproofing, the keyboard operation, all made more sense than that of the Q10/Classic. It's surprising since that phone was a Blackberry clone by Motorola.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-21-14 06:43 PM
    OP- the Classic is Z10 sized. Not exactly massive by today's standards. I think mmost would look at it as say "that screen is small". .

As far as LCD vs. AMOLED, I actually prefer LCD because they are way easier to read outside, and don't burn in.

Battery...yeah, that's a trade off the but it will probably last longer than the 9900 did (which almost always got me through a day regardless of use)

I think there were trying to minimize the look of the trackpad so as not to look quite so old..
    12-21-14 06:43 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    As an owner of many legacy devices, and more recently the Z10, Q10, Z30 and Passport which I just could not get used to, I think this phone is amazing. I have been using it for three days now and the thing that I really missed was the keypad. Almost instantly, I was typing away like I used to with my 9900. I loved the Z30, but still can't get used to the virtual keypad so I kept going back to the Q. That said, the one thing I felt the Q lacked was a larger display and just being too small in general. This phone just feels right. Is it heavier? Yes. Larger? Yes, but it just feels right. I am still learning to integrate the trackpad again but I could not be happier. This phone has a purpose, but for me it's the perfect business device.
    This!!!!! For me Q10 too small keyboard too small.
    Classic is awesome!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 07:39 PM
    This. Loved my q10 but the screen was just too small. Love my z30 but the virtual keyboard is still a bit of an issue. The classic seems perfect for me.

Also why is the OP so surprised by the phones size. The display is square. So if you want a bigger display you get a bigger phone. You want a toolbelt, that makes the phone even taller. If you have handled the q10 and the bold, then the size of the phone shouldn't come as a shock.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:00 PM
    Regarding the slippery back and phone being awkward, I bought a $15 clear rubber case from telus and this made all the difference for me. Now I dont find it slippery and awkward at all. Really happy with my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:10 PM
    I hope blackberry makes a little bit bigger Porsche 9984 with the tool belt. somehow the classic, but in a porsche design, that would be very nice, then if you have the money you can buy something that not everyone has .
    12-21-14 08:11 PM
    I also just got my classic Friday. I'm extremely happy with it. The back does feel a bit cheap.. but I also have the passport and I can see the build quality differences. The passport is just a beast and really is high end. Classic is nice and heavy, but I take that as a plus. I prefer a heavier device. The track pad is smaller, which feels odd but not a biggie.

All in all I think you're being a bit too critical about the device. I understand your passion and commitment to this BlackBerry brand. We all share your sentiment as a BlackBerry enthusiast. But I believe you're being a bit overly critical on a really great device. This thing does it all!

Hit me up via BBM. We can talk in depth about this stuff. pin:2BF2EA40

My Passport will take a back burner to my Classic! And my Galaxy Note 4 is now a paperweight!
    12-21-14 08:25 PM
    Note 4 is too light to be a paperweight!!! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    firefighterdrew likes this.
    12-21-14 08:32 PM
    Why don't people understand? BlackBerry has made it VERY clear. Classic is an upgrade to the 9900. And in that role, it is a fantastic upgrade. It isn't trying to get you from your iPhone or Android. It's not looking to make you put down your passport or z30.
    Similar to say an upgrade to a '57 Chevy but now you get radial tires and they forgo the point ignition system for electronic ignition yet it still has a carburetor and a solid rear axle.
    12-21-14 08:41 PM
    Thank you for sharing your story with us. Well scripted indeed! Love the way it flows from one point to the next.
    Can't wait for my Classic to get here! Hurry up Blackberry I'm dying for the Classic!
    12-21-14 08:49 PM
    Similar to say an upgrade to a '57 Chevy but now you get radial tires and they forgo the point ignition system for electronic ignition yet it still has a carburetor and a solid rear axle.
    Please tell me this is a joke and we're not on car analogies again

Posted via CB10
    acovey and fkornre like this.
    12-21-14 09:08 PM
82 123 ...