Just installed Blackberry Link and Blend. Entered password. Sure it is correct. Even changed in on computer to be sure. Phone is frozen at enter "blackberry". Tried all of the combos listed on the forum. Tried battery reset. Second time this has happened when I installed Blend and Link. Ideas besides wiping everything????
    03-03-16 01:19 AM
    you have to type 'blackberry' and then enter ur device password

Posted via CB10
    Couver81 likes this.
    03-11-16 02:08 AM
    Should I enter the word < blackberry > in the password field - then press enter - then enter the real password?

This is most frustrating...
    07-10-16 10:27 PM
    Should I enter the word < blackberry > in the password field - then press enter - then enter the real password?
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 11:31 PM
    Few days ago I forgot my passport password, ( yes very sad) and I try until 9/10...last four months I was using my classic...
    I really thought that I'm gonna lost all my passport pictures and information, no backups made..so...I decided to try two more password and...
    Nothing happens. No wipe data, no restarting...just 10/10 in the screen...so I try two more times a password and I could open it!!
    Hapinnes!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 04:52 PM
    Few days ago I forgot my passport password, ( yes very sad) and I try until 9/10...last four months I was using my classic...
    I really thought that I'm gonna lost all my passport pictures and information, no backups made..so...I decided to try two more password and...
    Nothing happens. No wipe data, no restarting...just 10/10 in the screen...so I try two more times a password and I could open it!!
    Hapinnes!!!

Posted via CB10
    This info bothered me...

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    07-12-16 11:06 AM
    Hapinnes!!!

Posted via CB10
    I hope you're not deliberately trying to get people to make 10 or 11 attempts.
    Because, despite your 'claims', i'm pretty sure it will wipe everything.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 12:15 PM
    I didn't sleep for about three days straight cause I had an exam. I flunked the exam and I was honestly shocked and just exhausted. I wanted to unlock my phone with the password that I've been using since my old BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I just couldn't remember it. I was so sure of it! I went to BlackBerry Protect on my 9th and final try, but I failed to put the correct password again and thus it wiped over a year worth of photos and videos and messages.

So, yes it does wipe at the 10th failed try. I don't know what the guy above is talking above.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-12-16 03:15 PM
    OK, just don't belive me...I'm a really bad boy and I just wanted u to wipe yours phones...
    Cheers
    Last edited by ElGorgon; 07-13-16 at 12:47 AM.
    07-13-16 12:21 AM
    This is my first Blackberry and we have a somewhat bittersweet relationship. In our 6 months, he has locked me out for the third time! Yes, I have wiped my BB, not once, but twice now. And today would have been a third time (or I would have had the privilege of contemplating the many choices of his demise), but by the grace of God, I googled this and it worked for me and I pray it works for your BB even if it may not be a Passport. "Soft boot your device by holding down your power button for 20 seconds". That's all it said to do. What happened next was I don't remember if it restarted it or if I had to manually turn it back on. But this time, the count was 5/10 instead of 6/10. And screen also displayed "type blackberry" so I did (who am I not to bow down to authority?"). Then count was on 6/10 and said password. Panic insued, my heart raced. I've been here many times before and have failed. But I couldn't help myself, as I began thumbing. And IT WORKED ! ! ! The heavens opened, the birds began to sing, and I could hear the song Pretty Insane by Alicia Keys being played just for me! Hallelujah! Thank you all for reading
    07-13-16 11:57 AM
    GFtaru - Thank you so very much...just got a silver pp and got the same 6/10 message...the solution you discovered just worked for me. I was in a mild panic...had the device one week and haven't backed it up yet. Peace everyone.
    08-13-16 09:56 AM
    My biggest pet peeve of BB10 was that darn passport unlock. I'm convinced the OS ignored my passwords, and after 10 failed attempts, I had to reinstall the OS after a wipe, and losing lots of data, including text messages, in the process. My current solution is to take my chances and not even employ the four-digit password.

Posted via CB10 | BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-2 on VZW
    08-13-16 06:50 PM
    you have to type 'blackberry' and then enter ur device password

Posted via CB10
    This worked for me—thanks!
    08-12-17 01:05 PM
    Thank you. It worked for me.
    06-25-19 05:47 AM