Im sure we could all benefit from the option of having Android installed in our BB. Let it be optional...
    We need to move on now. Many people still have all the phones on BB OS10 which is phasing out. It is not wise to let your people throw your phones!
    02-01-16 02:55 PM
    Back in the BBOS days.... it was pretty common for BlackBerry to leave behind "current" device out of their update roadmap.

You got what you paid for, and it does what was advertised..... (and did you real not think that BlackBerry might in some way not get out of hardware?).
    02-01-16 03:06 PM
    Inb4 "Android is teh ghey, I'm sticking with BB10"
    02-01-16 03:07 PM
    Back in the BBOS days.... it was pretty common for BlackBerry to leave behind "current" device out of their update roadmap.

You got what you paid for, and it does what was advertised..... (and did you real not think that BlackBerry might in some way not get out of hardware?).
    Nothing wrong adding more options as oposed to using patches and Kobalt route. They can simply hire Kobalt and he will make it work for them :-/
    02-01-16 03:13 PM
    Inb4 "Android is teh ghey, I'm sticking with BB10"
    But for how long? This is the question!?
    02-01-16 03:14 PM
    But for how long? This is the question!?
    Well, if you ask them, indefinitely, since it's obvious that BB10 will rise like a phoenix, revolutionize the mobile industry (somehow, potentially involving a hypervisor) and the iSheep and Blandroid folks will all be sent to camps see the light and buy BB10. J--n C--n (he who must not be named) will also be re-educated.

Of course, that is a stupid idea.
    FatOs likes this.
    02-01-16 03:19 PM
    Nothing wrong adding more options as oposed to using patches and Kobalt route. They can simply hire Kobalt and he will make it work for them :-/
    BlackBerry has the engineers/coders it would require to add Google Play to BB10..... they just don't have enough lawyers.
    ubizmo, JeepBB and joseanmx like this.
    02-01-16 03:49 PM
    This!!
    One guy!! Come on. We wil pay a monthly fee for his payment!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-01-16 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry has the engineers/coders it would require to add Google Play to BB10..... they just don't have enough lawyers.
    Indeed! But the door of priv could be used for bb10. I just dont feel like having to abandon my classic. In fact i never used android, nor i intend, unless im i have no alternative... Which i see it coming!
    02-01-16 04:15 PM
    This!!
    One guy!! Come on. We wil pay a monthly fee for his payment!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    Things are moving with lightning speed. Revolutionary. So sad to see BB going down and trying to catch up. Going two steps back to e sure the onward steps will accelerate, could result in positive result. My opinion though!
    02-01-16 04:19 PM
    Indeed! But the door of priv could be used for bb10. I just dont feel like having to abandon my classic. In fact i never used android, nor i intend, unless im i have no alternative... Which i see it coming!
    I don't know.

If the Priv is a runaway success, why not continue in the same direction?

Conversely, if it's the Hindenburg, why bother with devices at all?
    02-01-16 05:36 PM
    I don't know.

If the Priv is a runaway success, why not continue in the same direction?

Conversely, if it's the Hindenburg, why bother with devices at all?
    Either way no more BlackBerry 10 device?
    02-01-16 06:21 PM
    Either way no more BlackBerry 10 device?
    That, plus the developer SDKs being fixed in place.
    02-01-16 06:30 PM
    Im sure we could all benefit from the option of having Android installed in our BB. Let it be optional...
    We need to move on now. Many people still have all the phones on BB OS10 which is phasing out. It is not wise to let your people throw your phones!
    Chin will give you the Vienna. The Classic will never get android, and frankly i dont think it could handle it, not enough hardware.
    02-01-16 08:56 PM
    That, plus the developer SDKs being fixed in place.
    That's the thing, if BB10 were just on "hold" for a while... why do so much to discourage the developers that they had?
    02-02-16 07:28 AM