I got a Classic a couple of months ago and am frustrated with things that were much easier to do on my Bold. I am hoping that I am just missing a setting somewhere that will allow me to do what I want...

My biggest issues are:

1) Whenever I activated my Bold (either by removing it from the holster or pressing the "wake-up" button, it presented my with my next three appointments, unread emails (up to three), unread texts (up to three). Also, pending Facebook notifications. I cannot seem to set the Classic up to do this.

2) When I push the button on the top of the phone to wake it up, I still have to swipe up on the screen. I don't seem to be able to turn that off.

3) When searching, it brings up much lower yield items higher on the list. For instance, when I type "Gold", before it shows "Mark Gold", it brings up a person from my contacts who has "Gold Coast" as an association on their Facebook page. To get to "Mark Gold" I need to make multiple additional finger swipes.

4) I could set my Bold to behave differently depending on whether it was in the holster or out. For example, I had it set to vibrate when an email came in if it was in the holster, but give no notification if it was out of the holster. I cannot figure out how to do this with the Classic.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    DeliFresser likes this.
    06-25-15 09:40 AM
    I got a Classic a couple of months ago and am frustrated with things that were much easier to do on my Bold. I am hoping that I am just missing a setting somewhere that will allow me to do what I want...

My biggest issues are:

1) Whenever I activated my Bold (either by removing it from the holster or pressing the "wake-up" button, it presented my with my next three appointments, unread emails (up to three), unread texts (up to three). Also, pending Facebook notifications. I cannot seem to set the Classic up to do this.

2) When I push the button on the top of the phone to wake it up, I still have to swipe up on the screen. I don't seem to be able to turn that off.

3) When searching, it brings up much lower yield items higher on the list. For instance, when I type "Gold", before it shows "Mark Gold", it brings up a person from my contacts who has "Gold Coast" as an association on their Facebook page. To get to "Mark Gold" I need to make multiple additional finger swipes.

4) I could set my Bold to behave differently depending on whether it was in the holster or out. For example, I had it set to vibrate when an email came in if it was in the holster, but give no notification if it was out of the holster. I cannot figure out how to do this with the Classic.

1) Make sure lock screen notifications are on. You can have emails/texts/notifications all displayed there. I've found however (and sadly) that only the next appointment is displayed versus the three.

2) Again, in Lock Screen settings, make sure Power/Lock Key to Unlock Device is enabled

3)This may take some time for your Assistant to learn what you want. I'd look around in the settings again to see if there is anything you can adjust.

4) I swear I had seen this option before on a Q10, however, having a Passport and no holster I couldn't tell you exactly how to fix this.
    06-25-15 09:56 AM

My biggest issues are:

1) it doesn't work like that anymore.
    2)you need to check your settings/display/toggle off swipe to wake
    3) eh
    4)settings/notifications/ choose the profile you want and set all the custom notifications with custom app notifications
    Kris Simundson and idssteve like this.
    06-25-15 09:58 AM
    1) it doesn't work like that anymore.
    2)you need to check your settings/display/toggle off swipe to wake
    3) eh
    4)settings/notifications/ choose the profile you want and set all the custom notifications with custom app notifications
    2 min to slow miss ambassador :P
    revtech, ATMJOE and fkornre like this.
    06-25-15 10:15 AM
    As others have mentioned some of the items you mention is just finding the right setting and changing it. But as you will find out BB10 is missing a lot of stuff that legacy OS had. Not that BB10 is bad but there were many things that legacy OS did much better. They have slowly started bringing things back so if you miss something from legacy be sure to le BlackBerry know about it.

Also pay no attention to the people who try to tell you that BB10 is perfect and you don't need you Legacy OS functionality.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-25-15 12:36 PM
    1) Make sure lock screen notifications are on. You can have emails/texts/notifications all displayed there. I've found however (and sadly) that only the next appointment is displayed versus the three.

2) Again, in Lock Screen settings, make sure Power/Lock Key to Unlock Device is enabled

3)This may take some time for your Assistant to learn what you want. I'd look around in the settings again to see if there is anything you can adjust.

4) I swear I had seen this option before on a Q10, however, having a Passport and no holster I couldn't tell you exactly how to fix this.
    What he said^^^^!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 01:34 PM
    Also remember even with the classic and bbos10 it's all about the swipe tap and flick. Of which motions were never used on older os'.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 01:39 PM
    so if you miss something from legacy be sure to le BlackBerry know about it.
    HOW? It's not that they are easily reachable.....
    Yea, even if they would read forums, I bet they listen to the issues (like double typing or bad cam) that people have very thoroughly, so good that it's rather crappy for years now.... I cannot imagine that BB doesn't have an eye on the complaints people are having on this/their forum. But still, the issues remain for the long haul, unfortunately.....
    06-25-15 05:32 PM
    I came from the 99 also. It is one of the best phones for text and emails.

It took me one month to like the Classic. It takes some getting use to. Everybody here is willing to help you through the learning period. Post as many questions or problems as you like. Someone will assist you.

The most annoying thing was the notifications this is regulated through both the phone and the app settings.

I have my Facebook and Twitter notifications turned off.

You can also prioritize your hub by putting the more important thing to you near the top.

The original OS was not very stable and had problems with FB and notifications. It has since been corrected. So make sure your apps are updated.

Your luck in a way as the OS (operating software) is being updated often now. So the bugs and fixes are corrected.

Good luck. If you are stuck just PM me and I will point you in the right direction.

And as above (@chaddt) ignore the people that are smart a$$. Most people will help you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 06-26-15 at 11:18 AM.
    idssteve likes this.
    06-25-15 08:50 PM
    For # 4 - Holster Profile app. Worked on the Q10, stopped working on the Classic, but now with 10.3.2 works again. But it is not as customizable as it was on the 9900

Posted via CB10
    Chris Chin likes this.
    06-26-15 12:19 AM
    3). You can set your phone to search specific places. If you don't want contacts to appear when searching, turn them off. If you haven't already figured this out, I'll explain how to change the setting.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    andy n likes this.
    06-26-15 12:58 AM
    HOW? It's not that they are easily reachable.....
    Yea, even if they would read forums, I bet they listen to the issues (like double typing or bad cam) that people have very thoroughly, so good that it's rather crappy for years now.... I cannot imagine that BB doesn't have an eye on the complaints people are having on this/their forum. But still, the issues remain for the long haul, unfortunately.....
    I have gotten several survey requests from BlackBerry on my BBID email address, d I always let them know what I miss and want to see come back. Several of those things have been done. Including bringing back the toolbelt and keyboard shortcuts. Not saying it was because of me but if people aren't voicing opinions to BlackBerry then there's noway things will be changed.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    idssteve likes this.
    06-26-15 06:31 PM