I am a business user and need the above app.

Is anyone currently using one with proven reliability?

Thanks.
    04-27-15 01:12 PM
    Built in to BB10.
    Missed / Declined Phone Call - Auto Reply with SMS OS10?-img_20150427_142627.png

Under phone settings.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:27 PM
    Thanks _ have that set but that requires user input. I need an 'Auto Reply' for when the phone is not with the user and it responds automatically when the call is not answered.
    04-27-15 01:33 PM
    Isn't this what voice mail is for?

Not only do they get that you're not available, they can hang up after the beep so you get the annoying vm notification.
    04-27-15 01:56 PM
    I want the caller to know that I'm not just ignoring their call but to give them the specific reason that can be changed dependent on activity. They can still leave a voice mail message. This is for high level business.
    04-27-15 02:00 PM
    So you want to have an auto reply that sends a text if you miss a call? So every time you miss a call, and you didn't make sure autoreply was off, your phone would send a text to the caller?
    04-27-15 03:57 PM
    Call and change your vm as required.

As they will have to hear the msg and choose to reply or hangup anyway.

A sms informing them you missed their call (duh, they got vm) seems unprofessional... unless that is what you're going for
    04-27-15 04:34 PM
    Change vm every time I have a different reason for not answering??? That's a good idea.

Not unprofessional at all Lostonline. It seems you're lost in this requirement as well.

It's a specific reason I need it. If you don't have any helpful answer...don't answer!
    04-28-15 07:18 AM
    I'm still confused about exactly what you want.

From what I understand, you want a switch that sends an SMS if you miss a call. That means any calls you get when that switch is flipped will receive an SMS. Right? This would work in tandem with voicemail. Right?

But you also want different profiles for the sms? Like "in a meeting", or "traveling"?
    RichardAitch likes this.
    04-28-15 08:18 AM
    Change vm every time I have a different reason for not answering??? That's a good idea.

Not unprofessional at all
    I know it is a good idea, 'tis why I put it out there.

And yea, very unprofessional. If I call you and get vm, and right after get a sms I would think you're unprofessional.

But a personalized message stating "whatever you want" is professional.
    When I call my banker and she is away from office or busy, there is always a fresh and different message on the vm. It states the date (so you know it was recorded today) and a brief but direct explanation. Lunch, away for the day, etc.
    Professional.

The really important places I call, they have a human answer. Can take a message or forward the call to the appropriate person. I think they're called a secretary, or 'personal assistant', if ya need to be politically correct.
    That is professional. (I sure wish more humans would answer calls)

But a sms? Unprofessional and gimmicky. Out right useless if the call originates from an office or landline.
    If I sms a landline, my carrier will call, and robot translate it to voice... it is creepy and makes mistakes.

I hope ya get the app you want (some insecure droid crap I am sure). I also hope it won't cost you business, it would in my line of employment.
    04-28-15 10:28 AM
    Thanks _ have that set but that requires user input. I need an 'Auto Reply' for when the phone is not with the user and it responds automatically when the call is not answered.
    I have a solution to your problem. Download Smart reply from BlackBerry World
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59958198
    RichardAitch likes this.
    04-28-15 11:31 AM
    Perfect Santhosmanikandan - many thanks.

Lostonline - many thanks for your valued input (sarcasm). All I wanted was an 'auto' function of the OS10 built in 'Reply Now'. Are you saying that is bollocks too?

By being able to set a specific reply the office knows that I am fine and that they have a time when I will be back 'online'. Not that I had to explain myself to you. I thought this site was all about helping each other as opposed to making weak jibes.

Smile - life aint that bad. Or do you actually have one?
    04-28-15 12:10 PM
    You can use power tools

Check out Power Tools in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/40723891

Send custom sms to blocked user.

Missed / Declined Phone Call - Auto Reply with SMS OS10?-img_20150428_120441.png

Posted via CB10
    RichardAitch likes this.
    04-28-15 01:05 PM
    All I wanted was an 'auto' function of the OS10 built in 'Reply Now'. Are you saying that is bollocks too?

What is this bollocks you speak of? A strange bum joke, or a mistype?

Either way, yea it is useless for me. I have never used it. VM covers all my missed calls, and never has a robot sms a landline in error.

Just trying to help you be professional.. after all this is for "high business". BTW, "high" business here in Canada has a specific meaning, and in today's world you absolutely do NOT want a digital sms trail for it
    04-28-15 02:11 PM
    I know it is a good idea, 'tis why I put it out there.

And yea, very unprofessional. If I call you and get vm, and right after get a sms I would think you're unprofessional.

But a personalized message stating "whatever you want" is professional.
    When I call my banker and she is away from office or busy, there is always a fresh and different message on the vm. It states the date (so you know it was recorded today) and a brief but direct explanation. Lunch, away for the day, etc.
    Professional.

The really important places I call, they have a human answer. Can take a message or forward the call to the appropriate person. I think they're called a secretary, or 'personal assistant', if ya need to be politically correct.
    That is professional. (I sure wish more humans would answer calls)

But a sms? Unprofessional and gimmicky. Out right useless if the call originates from an office or landline.
    If I sms a landline, my carrier will call, and robot translate it to voice... it is creepy and makes mistakes.

I hope ya get the app you want (some insecure droid crap I am sure). I also hope it won't cost you business, it would in my line of employment.
    If you think someone who responds to you when they were / are not reachable but still immediately touches base is unprofessional, the problem is you. If I'm in a meeting, turn off my ringer and let it go to voicemail, is it unprofessional to respond sooner by sms or take longer to respond with voice?

If a person changes voicemail 3+ times a day, they just like the sound of their voice.

Unless the person is on vacation or out of the office, there's no need to change the message that often. Unless you are their boss, it's not your business to know what they are doing.

Posted via CB10
    RichardAitch likes this.
    04-28-15 03:57 PM
    Sounds like Do Not Disturb (DND) option that I've seen on some enterprise VOIP PBX phone systems which sends email or SMS.
    It's only a temporary block and different from regular VM.

Posted via CB10
    RichardAitch likes this.
    04-28-15 04:04 PM
    If I'm in a meeting, turn off my ringer and let it go to voicemail, is it unprofessional to respond sooner by sms or take longer to respond with voice?
    If you're in a meeting, and pick up your phone to bang out an sms, yes... unprofessional and rude. I would remove you from my meeting. No one has a phone on the table in our meetings... they don't even have a phone in the room.

This guy wants an automated sms to happen when he misses a call. That is quite unprofessional. The VM already (should) have covered the topic.

Selecting a sms reply while IGNORING a call is built into BB10. (but still not happening in our meetings, because phones are left locked in the desk/office)

If you're too lazy to personalize your vm, that is on you. It has nothing to do with being in love with your own voice. In the world I live in, it is professional and maintains a level of respect lost on some people.
    04-28-15 04:19 PM
    If you're in a meeting, and pick up your phone to bang out an sms, yes... unprofessional and rude. I would remove you from my meeting. No one has a phone on the table in our meetings... they don't even have a phone in the room.

This guy wants an automated sms to happen when he misses a call. That is quite unprofessional. The VM already (should) have covered the topic.

Selecting a sms reply while IGNORING a call is built into BB10. (but still not happening in our meetings, because phones are left locked in the desk/office)

If you're too lazy to personalize your vm, that is on you. It has nothing to do with being in love with your own voice. In the world I live in, it is professional and maintains a level of respect lost on some people.
    I envy you if you have meetings without any interruptions whatsoever. There are PLENTY of opportunities to send out a 5-10 second SMS during any meeting of length. I can't speak for your industry, nor mine, but if you can't have phones in the room, there is a good chance none of you are responsible in emergencies or have people rely on you. I know you are speaking from your point of view, but that isn't everyone else or every other business and you shouldn't paint with such a wide brush calling things unprofessional when trying to minimize interruptions and increasing productivity. I've seen it where feelings and emotions of taking offense where none was meant makes an awkward working environment.
    RichardAitch likes this.
    04-29-15 12:53 AM
    Guys,

Many thanks for your help (where applicable!).

As a workaround solution, I have used the idea of Smiley88. I use Hub++ so do not need many of the aspects of the 'Power Tools' but I have used 'Super Call Blocker' which works a treat.

The caller now immediately receives a voice mail message instead of waiting for my designated 30 secs ring and then receives a text informing them of my reason for not answering their call.

Very professional indeed! Cheers.
    04-29-15 07:11 AM