Hi there,

I miss the physical keyboard for productivity, but use an iPhone 6s as my daily driver. Interested in picking up a BB Classic as a secondary email only device for work. Wondered, does the Microsoft Outlook client for Android work on the classic via sideloading or similar? If so, is it stable?

I've read conflicting reports.

Thanks!
    05-22-16 10:01 AM
    Hi there,

I miss the physical keyboard for productivity, but use an iPhone 6s as my daily driver. Interested in picking up a BB Classic as a secondary email only device for work. Wondered, does the Microsoft Outlook client for Android work on the classic via sideloading or similar? If so, is it stable?

I've read conflicting reports.

Thanks!
    It works, you have to load it via SNAP, PlayStore or APK install... It is a bit fickle at times, a little laggy, but for the most part it functions fine... The initial loading of the app as well as fresh opening of the app is where you feel the lag the most, once it 'warms up' it chugs along nicely...
    Microsoft Outlook Android app on BlackBerry Classic?-img_20160522_123123.png
    Microsoft Outlook Android app on BlackBerry Classic?-img_20160522_122923.png

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 11:32 AM
    But why would you need it?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 11:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Kind of like Hub... Some people just get used to using it... Not really needed, but welcome... It's a familiar face and is comforting...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well, for me, I don't like all emails blowing up my phone so I have one specific email account that goes to my hub, for the other I like to check at my own leisure, and for whatever reason, outlook doesn't work on mobile browsers. I've tried with the stock, zeus, and even the Android Firefox Mobile browser, outlook webmail doesn't load on any of them... And now the Outlook app always shows "Offline"...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-22-16 12:20 PM
    Well, for me, I don't like all emails blowing up my phone so I have one specific email account that goes to my hub, for the other I like to check at my own leisure, and for whatever reason, outlook doesn't work on mobile browsers. I've tried with the stock, zeus, and even the Android Firefox Mobile browser, outlook webmail doesn't load on any of them... And now the Outlook app always shows "Offline"...

For outlook Web mail, I have a home screen shortcut on my Classic and the beta OWA app on my Priv... (OWA works fine in my BB10 stock browser). The OWA in PlayStore doesn't function on BB10, but the bookmark/homescreen shortcut works just as well... I need OWA for work... Outlook, I don't really need, I just use it specifically for my Outlook email because I have MANY emails so my Hub tends to clutter quickly... Makes it easier for me to organize accounts... I do the same with my Priv, use Hub for some email accounts, Outlook for my outlook email, OWA for my pa.gov work email and K-9 mail for my 'special' accounts... Allows me to prioritize and access what's needed when needed...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 12:51 PM
    For outlook Web mail, I have a home screen shortcut on my Classic and the beta OWA app on my Priv... (OWA works fine in my BB10 stock browser). The OWA in PlayStore doesn't function on BB10, but the bookmark/homescreen shortcut works just as well... I need OWA for work... Outlook, I don't really need, I just use it specifically for my Outlook email because I have MANY emails so my Hub tends to clutter quickly... Makes it easier for me to organize accounts... I do the same with my Priv, use Hub for some email accounts, Outlook for my outlook email, OWA for my pa.gov work email and K-9 mail for my 'special' accounts... Allows me to prioritize and access what's needed when needed...

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a good setup.

05-22-16 03:54 PM
    It seems that Nemory did jump on that Wagon too now!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 08:04 AM
    It seems that Nemory did jump on that Wagon too now!

Posted via CB10
    With a subscription of $0.99/30days... Now why on Earth would someone pay for an Outlook app? I have no problem purchasing an app, but when you take an app the is universally free from platform to platform and then create one for BlackBerry while now capitalizing off a FREE app that brings about a huge 'NO' all around...

The Android apk works perfectly without issue for me... If desired, I'd go there 1st...

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 401169
    06-01-16 04:56 AM
    Sure I suppose you can get that Microsoft Outlook Android app for your Classic, but why? Simply enjoy the native BB10 mail client with Hub integration.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    06-01-16 11:08 AM
    Sure I suppose you can get that Microsoft Outlook Android app for your Classic, but why? Simply enjoy the native BB10 mail client with Hub integration.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    I'm sorry, but it's Outlook... Hub integration is simply not something I validate paying a monthly service charge at $12/year for me... May be worth it to another, but I can think of a million and one better things to do with $12 than download an Outlook app for my BlackBerry...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-01-16 05:09 PM
    There is no reason to use this app. Better pay a 365 account and you can sync your activesync accounts flawlessly on BB10 (email, calendar and tasks) and Outlook desktop/web
    Avenzuno and CivilDissident like this.
    06-01-16 07:30 PM
    There is no reason to use this app. Better pay a 365 account and you can sync your activesync accounts flawlessly on BB10 (email, calendar and tasks) and Outlook desktop/web
    That's exactly how I'm setup. Works very well. Nothing syncs over USB. All OTA.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    06-01-16 08:36 PM