sorry for the long winded title.

Had a Bold...switched to Z10 (was great). Switched to Z30 (loved it but found it a bit 'bulky'...first world problems)...ended up using the Apple 6.

Got a Blackberry for work and was given choice of Leap, Passport and Classic so went Classic as I loved the Bold but having trouble adjusting to the smaller screen for reading e-mails (middle age guy with middle age eyes)...and frankly having trouble going back to regular keyboard.

How's the Leap? Frankly I won't be using it for anything except e-mails, twitter, and a few minor things. Speed/apps etc is not important as i'll always have personal phone.

Anyone else go through this? Is is just the usual 'adjusting' as I go from touch to qwerty screen?

Thanks as always for your input and thoughts and suggestions.
    11-24-15 06:53 PM
    I have a Z30. Buddy's got a Leap. I like the look of the Leap more but enjoy the better speakers and battery life of the Z30. If you'll be using it for what you mentioned above then the Leap will be just fine. Keep in mind the twitter app for BlackBerry 10 is horrid, but there are good options available in BlackBerry World

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    11-24-15 07:08 PM
    I don't see a big difference between Leap and Z10 that you have had already. Go for Classic or keep Z30. Otherwise, stick to Iphone. Iphone has improved their email system configuration. I had all of them, and, personally, I prefer Classic to all blackberry, ios and android phones. Especially if you write a lot of emails and tweets, trackpad is very helpful for correction.

Posted via Classic
    11-25-15 01:36 AM
    I have a Z30. Buddy's got a Leap. I like the look of the Leap more but enjoy the better speakers and battery life of the Z30. If you'll be using it for what you mentioned above then the Leap will be just fine. Keep in mind the twitter app for BlackBerry 10 is horrid, but there are good options available in BlackBerry World

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    Twitter is not as bad as facebook application on Blackberry. FB app is horrible.

Posted via Classic
    11-25-15 01:42 AM
    Twitter is not as bad as facebook application on Blackberry. FB app is horrible.

Posted via Classic
    Not going to argue there. BlackBerry would have been better off putting a browser shortcut to FB in the app tray versus making the app.

11-25-15 08:27 AM
    Getting used to a physical keyboard just takes a couple of days and then you'll wonder why you'd gone so long without one. Nothing quite simple and lazy as typing on your physical keyboard phone. I'd go with the classic or the Passport for a phone that I was just going to do email and twitter on. Probably the classic as the toolbelt is nice, and the small screen as you say, doesn't really factor in when reading emails. It's about the same width as any of the modern smart phones, and height doesn't factor in at all when reading text. Just seems smaller (although the poor screen resolution could be part of it as well)

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-25-15 10:48 AM
    I have had the Z10, Q10 and now the Classic. Son had the Z10 and now has the Leap. Leap is a nice looking, solid device and for a great price. It is larger than the Z10, great battery life, nice screen and pretty fast. My son abuses his phones with his Pebble Watch and bluetooth BlackBerry speakers. The Leap has held up well. I liked typing on the Leap better than the Z10.

Posted via Classic
    bigjman likes this.
    11-25-15 06:33 PM