Been obsessing about the Classic all day... and what a day it has been for BlackBerry!!!!
    Personally, I wouldn't mind the Classic to be thick and heavy if it means epic battery life...
    I can't understand why people are obsessed with wafer thin phones... have we become a generation of weak people that can't lift up a 200g phone?! LOL!!
    And I feel that in some regards, a slightly thicker phone is easier to hold.
    I speak for all of us when I say, keep up the good work BlackBerry on the recent progress, we're sticking by you!!!

from an australian Z10...
    KDB84, yokogeri374 and Signhere like this.
    06-20-14 02:52 AM
    Yup - please don't sacrifice battery size for thickness! That's the mistake they made with the Z10 IMHO.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-20-14 10:17 AM
    I like thin phones, to put inside a heavy case that protect it. I have the Q10 with the OEM hard skin and sometimes use a poetic case and it's the perfect size.

God Bless You!
    06-20-14 10:36 AM
    Yep. Add a nice thick (heavy) battery with lots of juice.
    I won't complain about the weight.
    Doggerz likes this.
    06-20-14 11:42 AM
    I'm also starting to think if perhaps the Classic will be a faster typer than the Passport? Only because of the size of it, faster for thumb action on the Classic? Really looking forward to all the new BlackBerry excitement.

06-20-14 06:51 PM
    Realistically, the thickness of a device has to be competitive to modern expectations, but we should assume that they will be aiming at bettering a q10's battery life, especially if it is a non-removable battery this time round.
    Thomas_Stiftinger likes this.
    06-21-14 05:19 AM
    I would be very happy with a non removable battery. My z30 has never ran out of juice. Plus every blackberry 10 device I have owned has suffered from a loose battery door. If it means thinner and better put together, I would love the non removable version.

Posted via CB10
    3Dee and emkay47 like this.
    06-21-14 06:56 AM
    The pics of the 'classic' I have seen suggest that the battery will be a non removable one - I personally consider that to be a mistake.

On the other hand, the 'classic' seems to be a very thin phone... good looking but also worries me about battery size and life :-/

Posted via CB10
    Arjun Sahota likes this.
    06-21-14 08:43 AM
    The pics of the 'classic' I have seen suggest that the battery will be a non removable one - I personally consider that to be a mistake.

On the other hand, the 'classic' seems to be a very thin phone... good looking but also worries me about battery size and life :-/
    Realistically it comes down to what is a bigger selling point, making a device roughly 1.5mm thinner for the same battery life or having a removable battery, while some of us may prefer the latter, BB have to consider which will sell better.

As far as the thickness, you can be sure that it will be sufficient to include a larger battery than in the q10 for the simple reasons that the display is a little bigger and that they would want people to have more battery life on a non-removable battery device too.
    06-21-14 11:39 AM
    And also the bold 99
    Thinness cost them battery and autofocus
    06-23-14 12:07 PM
    Been obsessing about the Classic all day... and what a day it has been for BlackBerry!!!!
    Personally, I wouldn't mind the Classic to be thick and heavy if it means epic battery life...
    I can't understand why people are obsessed with wafer thin phones... have we become a generation of weak people that can't lift up a 200g phone?! LOL!!
    And I feel that in some regards, a slightly thicker phone is easier to hold.
    I speak for all of us when I say, keep up the good work BlackBerry on the recent progress, we're sticking by you!!!

Absolutely agree with you. Give us great battery life , premium materials, and solid feel, no matter the weight. They say Z10 has understated design but I don't see more understated device than Q10. I rocked Bold 9900 and the Q10 was big disappointment for me in aesthetic terms. Hope they make Classic more Boldish.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AljosaMitrovic; 06-24-14 at 02:07 PM.
    anon(4077577) and JGoodard like this.
    06-24-14 01:48 PM
    Absolutely agree. At all cost do not sacrifice battery life.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 02:00 PM
    Arrrgh ... really, I haven't looked that close. But yes, following the trend of throw-away phones without removable battery is a big mistake. Maybe I use my beloved Q10 longer than I thought...
    06-25-14 12:32 AM
    I reckon the Classic will have the external dimensions of the Z30 with a square screen and physical kb. Same thickness(thinness), too but with a shiny silver band. Because the screen size is < than Z30's, the existing 2880mAh battery should be more than sufficient.
    06-25-14 01:32 AM
    A few minutes ago I just imagined the Classic in white, dammit now I've got to clean my pants again....

allwi likes this.
    06-25-14 09:53 AM
    I would be very happy with a non removable battery. My z30 has never ran out of juice. Plus every blackberry 10 device I have owned has suffered from a loose battery door. If it means thinner and better put together, I would love the non removable version.

Posted via CB10
    How about a better designed battery door? Some in my office had trouble with losing battery connection when bumped but i turned them on to contact lube and those issues disappeared. I've carried a spare battery in my pocket for over 15yrs. My old Nokia's and Kyocera's lasted 5+ days between charges. I can't count the number of times i swapped batts and returned a call. Human nature, ya know.

My 9900 hasn't been tethered to a usb charger for weeks. Batts get swapped at bed time. Too many times i've plugged in a nearly dead device at bed time only to get a call 5 minutes later and have to unplug and run and struggle to get power into the thing asap. Various desktop and car cradles also help keep it charged through the charging pads. The spare gets swapped as time permits. There just isn't time in a day to stay tethered to a wall.

If the Q20's mission is to "transition" legacy users, how can it succeed at that mission unless it can provide the swappable battery legacy users lean on??
    06-25-14 11:14 AM
    Yep. Add a nice thick (heavy) battery with lots of juice.
    I won't complain about the weight.
    I'm like you. I'd rather have to cart my Q20 in a wheel barrel if I have to than to have a crappy battery.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    Jake Storm likes this.
    06-25-14 11:29 AM
    A few minutes ago I just imagined the Classic in white, dammit now I've got to clean my pants again....

I was never into white (ok, into Non-black to be precise) devices but the white Q10 looks pretty cool. And I like my black Q10 in the white hard shell.
    But I doubt that Optus will have a white device on offer (and I'd like to get it on a contract).
    06-25-14 03:43 PM
    I was never into white (ok, into Non-black to be precise) devices but the white Q10 looks pretty cool. And I like my black Q10 in the white hard shell.
    But I doubt that Optus will have a white device on offer (and I'd like to get it on a contract).
    I doubt anyone in Optus even knows how to spell BlackBerry.... I have zero faith in aussie telcos....

06-25-14 05:33 PM
    Anyone else hoping that the classic has the same thickness and keyboard size as the bold 9000?!

Posted via CB10
    Jake Storm likes this.
    06-25-14 06:13 PM
    Anyone else hoping that the classic has the same thickness and keyboard size as the bold 9000?!
    I don't understand the obsession with making the phone as thin as possible.
    Imagine trying to type on a credit card? I want something substantial that I can hold on to, or throw at an attacking rabbit.
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    06-25-14 09:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep. It's not really "Classic".

If that's the case, the power users might be disappointed when they find out.

And while we're at it, bring back the original Brick Breaker pre-installed.

The machine should be as close to the Bold 9900 as possible in features, of course with BB10 and great hardware.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    06-30-14 03:05 PM
    I don't understand the obsession with making the phone as thin as possible.
    Imagine trying to type on a credit card? I want something substantial that I can hold on to, or throw at an attacking rabbit.
    You're right.

It sometimes feels weird when it take my Q10 out of its genuine flip case, and suddenly it's so unusually thin. I wouldn't want in any thinner.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    06-30-14 03:19 PM
    I'm also starting to think if perhaps the Classic will be a faster typer than the Passport? Only because of the size of it, faster for thumb action on the Classic? Really looking forward to all the new BlackBerry excitement.

Yes I agree. Zoom Zoom
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    06-30-14 04:06 PM
    I think if BlackBerry really is focusing on enterprise they can afford to sacrifice thickness for increased battery life. Also in the same regard: battery must be removable.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 04:29 PM