I preordered a BB Classic with Rogers, and now that the phone has launched in Canada my reservation shows "in progress".

I contacted the store where I'm supposed to pickup the phone, and they said it might be 6 weeks until it shows up for pickup. Seriously? Anyone else experiencing this?

I visited 2 stores and the employees know nothing, and have no demo, etc. Funny how when its an apple launch there are demos in store, boxes ready for sale, and employees actually know something about the product. (The 2 reps I spoke to in store knew zero about the product)
    12-18-14 08:49 AM
    I preordered a BB Classic with Rogers, and now that the phone has launched in Canada my reservation shows "in progress".

I contacted the store where I'm supposed to pickup the phone, and they said it might be 6 weeks until it shows up for pickup. Seriously? Anyone else experiencing this?

I visited 2 stores and the employees know nothing, and have no demo, etc. Funny how when its an apple launch there are demos in store, boxes ready for sale, and employees actually know something about the product. (The 2 reps I spoke to in store knew zero about the product)
    It's not Funny... it's a result of planning, preparation and execution - at least on Apple's part.

Don't think BlackBerry was "really" ready to launch the Classic yet... but Chen said it would be the end of the year, so it had to be before the end of the year! Could not go much beyond this week as no one would show up later in the month as the holidays are soon to be here.

Don't think they had the software they really wanted, don't think Foxconn was really geared up for production, and I don't think Carriers were given much time to see the Classic, much less test it or make plans for distribution of what stock BlackBerry has been able to get produced. And you can forget having time to train employees....
    12-18-14 08:59 AM
    I thought I would try Rogers online support...here's how the conversation went. (10 minutes well spent)

Launched, but not available in Canada-clipboard01.jpg
    12-18-14 09:08 AM
    My experience has been much the same...called all the major three in Canada...Rogers, Bell and Telus stores and it was...Ummm...the Classic...no we have the Passport? No idea on availability or that it was even being launched except for the Bell Rep at least he knew that there was a new BlackBerry being released..then I keep reading all of our friends South of the border having success with Amazon.com and nothing from Amazon.ca other than 2-4 weeks for delivery. Oh well go Q until we get some sense of what rabbit hole BlackBerry is taking us down now!

From Bond to the Continuum Q Rules
    12-18-14 09:18 AM
    Didn't virgin have demos?

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    12-18-14 09:47 AM
    I found it in stock at the Virgin kiosk in Ottawa (Bayshore Mall) this morning but the guy refused to sell it to me without opening and activating the phone (something which I refuse to allow them to do when I am buying the phone outright).

He had more than one and had the holster and sleeve as well.
    12-18-14 09:57 AM
    Yesterday I phoned local Rogers store to ask about a nano sim I need if bb ever gets my Classic here and the lady was surprised as hell that BB phones take a nano and then I told her it was for a just released Classic model and asked if they had any and she said uhhhhhhhh I dont know anything about those .Go Figure - Two good ol Canadian companys.
    12-18-14 10:26 AM
    I thought I would try Rogers online support...here's how the conversation went. (10 minutes well spent)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	1037 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	321580
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    tjodalv likes this.
    12-18-14 10:27 AM

Acquiring new blackberry's on Rogers Wireless is the fastest ordering it on the reservation system. I remember when my PP went into "in-progress" it showed up at the store the next day!
    Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:37 AM
    Bit the bullet and bought from Virgin Mobile Canada for $499. Called Digital River to cancel my order. For what it's worth, they said the orders will be shipped out this weekend.
    12-18-14 11:14 AM
    Spoke to Rogers sales on phone last night and they have them in stock.
    12-18-14 12:55 PM
    Spoke to Rogers sales on phone last night and they have them in stock.
    Had to search around hard yesterday, but finally found a Bell Kiosk at a large toronto mall that had 3 in stock. There were definitely a few retailers that had no clue about the phone. Even GLENTEL/T-Booth/WirelessWave were clueless, and suggested that I instead look to an Android... *rolls eyes*.
    12-18-14 01:11 PM
    Had to search around hard yesterday, but finally found a Bell Kiosk at a large toronto mall that had 3 in stock. There were definitely a few retailers that had no clue about the phone. Even GLENTEL/T-Booth/WirelessWave were clueless, and suggested that I instead look to an Android... *rolls eyes*.
    I should have clarified that the guy on the phone said he never heard of the phone until I called. The carriers are not promoting BB phones to their own employees.
    12-18-14 01:15 PM
    Are we still not yet aware that the general consensus doesn't give a f**k about Classic availability? Hence why you will get mixed answers no matter where you go.
    I was #2 on the Rogers reservation list and received my device early this morning. If it is marked as in progress it means that it is being prepared to ship. You will be notified once shipped. Bottom line is this, rep told you up to 6 weeks because he still has customers who've reserved from Rogers waiting since launch for an iPhone.

Patience my young Padawan.
    12-18-14 02:00 PM
    I live in a small Alberta town. They had a display classic out in the store but no phones to buy. They said a few days. That was for bell.
    12-18-14 02:12 PM
    Time to face facts.... BB really no longer focuses on the consumer market... if you look at the launch yesterday you will notice there was almost nothing on the consumer side... almost all of it has to do with Enterprise..... this is the new reality whether we like it or not.... the more we keep looking at BB as a consumer device... the more disappointed we will be..... BB is moving away from relying carriers and mostly do not need them for enterprise sales..... so consumers really are an after thought....
    NtotheK likes this.
    12-18-14 02:18 PM
    I happened to be in the mall today and stopped at a Virgin Mobile booth and they had a dummy display model and phones available for customers. It might be time to change the title of this thread.
    12-18-14 02:22 PM
    Ironic, isn't it??
    12-18-14 02:36 PM
    FYI - Virgin Mobile Canada edition is not locked.
    12-18-14 03:24 PM
    Are there any available in Toronto? I'd pay a premium. Rogers.
    12-19-14 12:11 PM
    I think there are at Rogers, at least over the phone. Not sure about stores though. Bell has them over the phone too.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 12:20 PM
    I suspect there will always be phones available "over the phone"...but when it comes to shipping that's when reality hits.
    12-19-14 08:07 PM