Wish Mr. Chen had an account here & discussed such matters with CB users directly -- is his time too valuable? Perhaps, but it's not like he's assigned an underling to do so.
    11-20-14 08:28 PM
    If you maintain it and do not install all kinds of junk that runs in the background, your PC shouldn't slow down... Try going to msconfig and looking at your startup programs, and also looking through the services running, and the first thing to look for are any programs with the word "helper" in it, close it and turn it off. Get rid of anything else that doesn't need to run continuously. Then watch your computer run like it used to...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Um. My PCs are not slow. I have been an IT Tech for close to 20 years. It was a joke. But yeah for your average user their PC does in fact slow. Due to software issues (obviously).

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    11-20-14 11:55 PM
    iPhone 5S (iOS 8): Weather App
    Boot Time (from tap to content showing): 1.9 second

BlackBerry Classic (10.3.1): Weather App
    Boot Time (from tap to content showing): 1.3 second
    Ridiculous, if I have to wait more than 1.1 seconds for an app to open its not worth getting the phone. You know because my brain can tell the difference between 1.1 and 1.3 seconds, and it throws my whole day off.
    11-20-14 11:59 PM
    Ridiculous, if I have to wait more than 1.1 seconds for an app to open its not worth getting the phone. You know because my brain can tell the difference between 1.1 and 1.3 seconds, and it throws my whole day off.
    I mean, how would you know the weather? In that 0.2 seconds you could be outside and getting rained on because your weather app didn't open fast enough to warn you that it's raining outside...

(yes I got your sarcasm, just playing along.)
    11-21-14 12:46 AM
    Could also be that it wasn't the latest hardware either. Didn't the original Q10 beta devices come with 1gb of Ram? Can't remember for the life of me what these Q10s were called lol

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-21-14 09:43 PM
    im sure he is someone that just has to have everything right away or he cries. Its not a super computer now is it?

It opened just fine to me.

Dont like them move to the other fruit pie phone then and see what they give you, haha green apples
    11-21-14 10:06 PM
    im sure he is someone that just has to have everything right away or he cries. Its not a super computer now is it?

It opened just fine to me.

Dont like them move to the other fruit pie phone then and see what they give you, haha green apples
    Well technically speaking aren't smartphones super computers in a waay? They're super compact but also have an immense amount of power to complete all types of tasks, play all types of games and do so with relative ease.

The Amazing Passport is charging, Posted via Q10
    11-21-14 10:38 PM
    Wow, so much... ok...

-HDD fatigue *negligible if any, if enough bad sectors come up, it'll fail SMART and it's basically time to replace
    -Malware *USER ERROR. Saying a PC is slowing down because of it is the same as saying a car is getting slower because the owner puts the wrong type of gas into it.
    -Mechanical failure *Rare if you use quality products, but even then, it's not an issue of it slowing down as much as it is malfunctioning. Again, a replacement is necessary
    -Sensor screwing up *causes overheating, which causes mechanical failure, redundant
    -Heat *which causes mechanical error, redundant
    -Uneccesarry services being run *USER ERROR
    -Program clutter after uninstall *takes up HDD space, which is bad, but doesn't slow down the PC as long as you defragment regularly, these unused files will be moved to the slowest portion of the HDD platter
    -Eronneous program termination *what?
    -RAM fatigue *really? If you're getting bad sectors on your RAM, replace it, it won't slow-down, it'll malfunction
    -Registry errors *is this part of the natural life-cycle of a PC?

And my PC actually gets faster scores now than last year, most likely due to optimization from the GPU driver updates of course...

So you're saying user error shouldn't be taken into account? Almost all PC errors/slowdowns are user error. Users will always be part of the equation and they need to be taken into account.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:17 PM
    So you're saying user error shouldn't be taken into account? Almost all PC errors/slowdowns are user error. Users will always be part of the equation and they need to be taken into account.

Posted via CB10
    Uh, no, because it isn't something you'll definitely run into just because you get a PC. Again, it's like accusing a car of getting worse because of the possibility of the driver using the wrong fuel with it...

11-22-14 01:02 PM
    Really?? Is that your comeback for the person you replied to?? Wow just wow, the iphone6 isn't that old and according to the iPhone apologists/fanboi's it's the fastest and smoothest OS out at the moment. But it does have the odd lag here or there so let's not BS here.

Posted via CB10
    The odd lag here and there? Ask an iPhone 6 user how great browsing on the web with IOS8 is. It's Godawful... almost as bad as working with dial-up back in 98. <<< Ok, I may be exaggerating here, but it was bad enough that I sold my iPhone this morning after having it for less than 2 months.

Not only is browsing a hassle, but the pop-ups and trackers that FORCE open the app store are atrocious. I haven't seen anything like it on a PC much less a phone. The user interface is pleasant and easy to operate, but I'd be gosh-darn to endure crappy browsing for a pretty piece of glass with lots of apps.

As for lag on IOS8, the screen doesn't turn black but there is a lag. There will always be a very short amount of load time for an app. The OP is complaining about nothing.
    11-22-14 05:47 PM
    It would have loaded faster if the OS didn't have any animations of loading app boxes etc!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 06:41 AM
86 ... 234