just order the classic? been reading the 9900 post and long to get a classic. tried using the 9900 but it just didn't keep up.
    speaker came on when on the phone, battery not lasting, but like the idea of using the keyboard.and bb menu was great
    is the classic menu the same as far as getting to different things on the phone. fonts were really great in reading emails text, color
    06-26-16 08:14 AM
    If you like the 9900, I'm sure you will like the Classic. There a few YouTube videos that go over the Classic really well. There is a lot learn going from the 99 to the Classic, but it is good stuff.

You'll get the Hub, bigger phone & screen, bigger battery (not removable), a different OS and many other things that have been updated.

Again, take a look at YouTube.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 08:56 AM
    I LOVE my Classic... I have many stockpiled ready to go... The 9900, don't get me wrong, she was a beast back in the day... But that browser and lack of security patches... Just not a wise choice... Now my beloved Classic... Wonderful... The keyboard is amazing... Makes messaging at mass a pleasure... Among my all time favorite PKBs EVER... The browser is okay for the most part on the Classic and when it comes to emails, sms, phone calls, documents, files and light browsing, paired with the perfection of the device's size and that magnificent PKB, the Classic is an easy choice for me and after reading your posting it is the device I feel to be a well watched candidate to meet your outlined needs...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 09:22 AM
    I LOVE my Classic... I have many stockpiled ready to go... The 9900, don't get me wrong, she was a beast back in the day... But that browser and lack of security patches... Just not a wise choice... Now my beloved Classic... Wonderful... The keyboard is amazing... Makes messaging at mass a pleasure... Among my all time favorite PKBs EVER... The browser is okay for the most part on the Classic and when it comes to emails, sms, phone calls, documents, files and light browsing, paired with the perfection of the device's size and that magnificent PKB, the Classic is an easy choice for me and after reading your posting it is the device I feel to be a well watched candidate to meet your outlined needs...

Posted via CB10
    You have them stockpiled? LOL, I am curious, how many do you own? As for the browser, I am really liking the Browsie browser in App World, really nice and it's fast
    06-26-16 10:56 AM
    You have them stockpiled? LOL, I am curious, how many do you own? As for the browser, I am really liking the Browsie browser in App World, really nice and it's fast
    I have Browsie as well as Zeus, but I use the stock browser the most... For the most part it is fine, but every now and then I happen upon a webpage that is just too much for the stock browser (and often times the 3rd party browsers as well)...

And 'stockpiled' is a strong word... lol I have 5 total... My T-Mobile issue Black Classic... But I also have 2 Blue Classics and 2 Black shopBlackBerry Classics set aside for those 'just in case' moments... I am ready to ride the Classic all the way to its true EOL capabilities...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 01:41 PM
    I have Browsie as well as Zeus, but I use the stock browser the most... For the most part it is fine, but every now and then I happen upon a webpage that is just too much for the stock browser (and often times the 3rd party browsers as well)...

And 'stockpiled' is a strong word... lol I have 5 total... My T-Mobile issue Black Classic... But I also have 2 Blue Classics and 2 Black shopBlackBerry Classics set aside for those 'just in case' moments... I am ready to ride the Classic all the way to its true EOL capabilities...

Posted via CB10
    You are my hero! and yes, 5 is stockpiling.
    06-26-16 01:43 PM
    can I get google maps on the classic.
    06-26-16 04:41 PM
    Great device best keyboard to date, I just hope blackberry comes out with another Classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 07:42 PM
    can I get google maps on the classic.
    Yes.
    I prefer how version 8.2.0 works on the Classic. But that's just my preference

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 10:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow. I also want the blue one!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 01:49 AM
    Did you order it through the BB web site
    06-27-16 09:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'm up to four BlackBerries now. A couple of weeks ago my business main line/"direct line" combo was the Classic & Z30. But then I misplaced the Classic! I had just gotten a 9930 for experimental use, but now it will need to be deployed on my Verizon line and replace the 100-3 Z30. Meanwhile, tomorrow I'll also head over to at&t to yank the lost Classic on the main business line and deploy the Z30, which I love because it can do double duty on either at&t or Big Red so long as I have the apropos SIM card. The new unlocked white 100-2 Q10 will arrive by the end of the week, and will be the more long term Classic replacement. That Q10 was originally intended as my BB10 apocalypse/bomb shelter device. But I miss my PKB BB10 Classic so much I'll trot out the Q10 and instead relegate my Z30 to drawer storage. But if I find the Classic, then I'll move the Q10 over to Verizon where it's best deployed and restore my unlocked Cobalt Blue GSM Classic to my primary at&t business line. Got all that? That's the plan so far. Such is the life of a BlackBerry addict that is me!
    06-27-16 10:42 PM
    Hey .... I'm in Aus and tried to buy a Classic last week from a BB dealer here in Sydney, and paid the money and when the device didn't turn up I asked 'why'? Well, 1 week later they tell me that they didn't actually have any and now they can't get any from their Hong Kong supplier - who informs them that the Classic is no longer being made!!

Is this true or false? Maybe I'll start a thread on this, eh!
    06-28-16 02:46 AM
    just received one from amazon the date code I think is 070316
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-28-16 06:53 AM
    That's interesting, so they were still making them in March this year.
    06-28-16 05:37 PM
    Where is the date code listed?
    06-28-16 08:56 PM
    That's interesting, so they were still making them in March this year.
    Date code just means when OS image was loaded and packaged not when it came off the assembly line. The previous earnings call to this one Chen confirmed Classics were no longer being manufactured.
    anon(3641385) and Avenzuno like this.
    06-28-16 09:06 PM
    I'm preparing to order another Classic just in case something happens to my current one. In addition, I am adding a Passport to the collection. I love my Blackberries.
    bigjman likes this.
    07-02-16 09:35 AM
    07-02-16 10:02 AM