Hey just got the classic and am hoping to learn how to get up to speed quickly. Using predominately for work. Can anybody recommend threads or places to become a power user fairly quickly? Also any must have apps I should download?

Thanks! Hopefully this is the right place to post

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and gokulesh like this.
    05-09-15 06:29 AM
    This is definitely the right place to post and I hope you enjoy your classic

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    05-09-15 06:37 AM
    Agree, great place to help get up to speed.
    Start at BB10 OS tips and tricks. From there just search and browse the forums as the need arise.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 06:44 AM
    Fastest way just go with the flow. It will all come as second nature if you're a power user after a day or two.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    05-09-15 06:49 AM
    My fave app is BlackBerry Travel. There are threads on recommended apps in the forums. Also, read up on the keyboard shortcuts. With the Hub, I love the pinch to read unread messages feature. And the return button on the toolbelt will close the apps for u. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 08:31 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry and enjoy your new Classic! One of the best areas to look for tips is here on Crackberry's videos and tutorials that will give you a great advantage in getting started. Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 08:42 AM
    If you can clarify what kind of work you do i'm pretty sure some guys will be able to help you.
    This with usefull apps, shortcuts, etc...

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 08:45 AM
    Hm, I like keyboard shortcuts to add more homescreen longpress one-button shortcuts such as flashlight and toggling between more than just normal and silent. Extended search apps are useful like Super Tube, Search for Amazon, and things like that which add extended search options to the universal search.

Get to learn all of the keyboard shortcuts. The keyboard is useful for more than just typing. Make use of the toolbelt, don't bother doing the swipe up and touching the tiny x to close apps, just call end to minimuze, then back key to close the app. You can keep pressing back to close the other apps, or use the trackpad to highlight the app you want to close and hit back to close it.

While browsing the web, forget trying to touch the bottom of the screen or scrolling until you see the address bar, if you need to go back, hit the back button on the toolbelt. If you need to enter another url, just press "U" on the keyboard and start typing. And forget about pressing alt-m for the dots in the urls either, just use the space button. So typing "crackberry com" in the adddress field will automatically give you crackberry.com. If you need to look at open tabs, press "W" and you can either touch the one to open or use the trackpad, and to close a tab, highlight with the trackpad, go right on the trackpad so only the "x" is highlighted, and click the trackpad or highlight with the trackpad and press the delete key on the keyboard.

To highlight text, just move the cursor to the correct place using the trackpad, and hold shift and move the cursor with the trackpad. Some places don't give you a cursor though, for those you're stuck using the touchscreen. To copy, you can either touch the copy icon, or press the menu key on the toolbelt (left of the trackpad) twice, not too quickly, just press one, then two when you see that menu on the right pop up. Same with pasting, if it's the first time pasting, just go where you want with the cursor, then press the menu key twice to paste.

If something has two pages of options on the side menu, swipe that direction with your trackpad to go to the other page instead of using the screen. I've gotten used to that and to me it's faster and I like seeing what is highlighted before I click to select it rather than hope it registered my touch at the right place...

Anyway, there's more, but I'm a bit sleepy, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-09-15 09:10 AM
    Before you get too far along downloading apps and sideloading Snap to easily upload Android apps you should go ahead and install/upgrade to the latest 10.3.1.XXXX (currently 2744) depending upon which os your device shipped with.

It's a little intimidating the first time but it is easy and worth doing for the latest features and bug fixes.

Otherwise give it a few days and you'll probably find like most of us here -you are on the most intuitive and efficient os available. It does take some time to feel 100% at ease if you are switching from another platform but all the little niggles and qwerks will eventually feel normal.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 09:28 AM
    http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...ard-shortcuts/

There are actually even more shortcuts than these, like Alt+U to mark messages read/unread in the Hub.

All of the Home Screen shortcuts are customizable in Settings.

Learn how to use ALL the BB10 gestures and how to customize the HUB to your needs, and you'll be hooked on BlackBerry efficiency!

From a Classic
    Last edited by Xenolock; 05-09-15 at 10:02 AM.
    idssteve and terminatorx like this.
    05-09-15 09:44 AM
    Before you get too far along downloading apps and sideloading Snap to easily upload Android apps you should go ahead and install/upgrade to the latest 10.3.1.XXXX (currently 2744) depending upon which os your device shipped with.

It's a little intimidating the first time but it is easy and worth doing for the latest features and bug fixes.

Otherwise give it a few days and you'll probably find like most of us here -you are on the most intuitive and efficient os available. It does take some time to feel 100% at ease if you are switching from another platform but all the little niggles and qwerks will eventually feel normal.

Posted via CB10
    Not intimidating at all. Is actually first thing one should do would be to verify new software upgrade before setting anything up. Good luck with your purchase. Apps is a completely objective thing!

Posted via CB10
    Chris Chin likes this.
    05-09-15 09:45 AM
    Check out this link. This has a list of all the keyboard shortcuts. Pretty cool if you ask me. You said you wanted to be a blackberry power user so this should help.
    http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/...ard-shortcuts/

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    05-09-15 10:58 AM
    Not intimidating at all. Is actually first thing one should do would be to verify new software upgrade before setting anything up. Good luck with your purchase. Apps is a completely objective thing!

Posted via CB10
    Think he was talking about loading a leak, not just updating. I'm on 10.3.2.500 and would recommend it...

05-09-15 12:39 PM
    No I am pretty sure he was talking for the approved software not leak since he mentions 1.3.1.xxx.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 01:50 PM
    Not sure it's a good idea to suggest to someone who is new to BlackBerry to install a leak (a beta OS). Upgrading to the latest official OS? For sure.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 02:10 PM
    No I am pretty sure he was talking for the approved software not leak since he mentions 1.3.1.xxx.

Posted via CB10
    He mentions the latest 10.3.1, which isn't available for all carriers. So there's a good chance he would need to load a leak in order to get the latest version of 10.3.1...

05-09-15 04:04 PM
    Press Z for tabs in France instead of W

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 04:37 PM