All my contacts were stored locally on the phone.

I just added a Gmail account and enabled contacts sync.....but I don't see the contacts in my Gmail Contacts online. They are all still on the local phone only

how to move them all to Gmail Contacts?
    02-08-15 04:51 AM
    There is an old isssue. I've had Z 10 from the beggining, a short period a Z30( it was too big for my taste...) and now have the Q10, best form factor ever ( again, from my point of view...). On every stage of the the new bb10 OS was the same ****!
    Now waiting for Classic. Hoped that in in the 10.3.1 they solved it, but nobody tell us what happens with this Google integration. Don't know why BlackBerry don't make a partnership with the giant Google and integrate the native support for Google : maps and sync.
    Now , when the Android apps have direct support, it's almost hilarious...
    Waiting an official position from Mr Chen, maybe....

Powered by AlexT's Q10
    02-08-15 05:28 AM
    My experience is that it will take 24 hrs. Before everything has been synced. It did with my 1060 contacts.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 06:25 AM
    I don't know about 10.3.1, but in my 10.2.1 Google contact never synchronised.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 06:29 AM
    Go to settings. Accounts. Tap Gmail. Do you have a listing for contacts, and calendar or just email? If you have a setting for contacts, tap on it and see what your sync interval is set to.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:53 AM
    Do you have the contacts on your sim card? If yes, try to copy them into the phone's storage.
    Also make sure your Gmail account shows in your contacts app: contacts-settings-show account in contact list-on. If it doesn't show, then the account definition was not done properly when creating the Gmail account.
    02-08-15 09:37 AM
    I do not think Gmail will synchronize contacts in both directions at the start. You can open up Gmail on the web and see what contacts it's seeing... but I believe the sync is one way, down, from gmail, and then from *that point forward*, contacts added to the BB will sync back up to gmail.

Existing contacts that were on your BB device when you added the gmail account will NOT be synced back up to Gmail.
    02-08-15 12:29 PM
    If you were using hotmail/outlook, when you first add the email it will sync from device to email.

Im not sure about gmail though.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 01:42 PM
    If you are not using Gmail with activesync then you need to add a cardav account to synchronize you!r contacts. If you also need the Gmail calendar then also add a caldav account. It works very well.

Posted via CB10
    anon9133023 likes this.
    02-09-15 11:26 AM
    Solved the problem

1) Purchased Contacts Pro

2) Backup all contacts

3) Delete all contacts from Settings > Account

4) Reload all contacts from the backup

they will now appear in both gmail and phone properly linked
    02-10-15 05:27 PM
    Did you try rebooting the device? It did force the first sync on mine.
    In the meantime i moved on and switched to an exchange account though. I can only recommend that step. You may say about microsoft a lot of things but the one product they definitely got right is exchange. In my opinion it's the solution best supported by all platforms.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:19 PM
    My Classic syncs apple and Google contacts perfectly.

I merged all my contacts and have designated my primary contacts input on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 03:48 AM
    Did you try rebooting the device? It did force the first sync on mine.
    In the meantime i moved on and switched to an exchange account though. I can only recommend that step. You may say about microsoft a lot of things but the one product they definitely got right is exchange. In my opinion it's the solution best supported by all platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, but what can private users do, who don't run Exchange servers?
    02-11-15 04:07 AM
    Agreed, but what can private users do, who don't run Exchange servers?
    Ich didn't try outlook.com but the subscription based exchange online service gives you all the exchange features without running your own server. I always had non free email accounts for my private mail. First due to the lack of imap or webdav features later due to the amount on spam ich was getting in free ones. imo the term free nowadays just means the currency you pay in is not money but time & privacy.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 07:07 AM
    All my contacts were stored locally on the phone.

I just added a Gmail account and enabled contacts sync.....but I don't see the contacts in my Gmail Contacts online. They are all still on the local phone only

how to move them all to Gmail Contacts?

I have saame problem here. Just upgraded to Classic last night after 2 months sitting on the fence. Still have my 9900 in the drawer. I moved phone book and calendar via Link. My phone book in 9900 was stored in device, calendar synced with Google.

I added Gmail account in Classic, went to usual set up, authorised Google to sync contacts and calendar, but nothing.....I read an article written by Blaize on how to set up Gmail using CalDav and CardDav. I have not tested this, but when I moved my wife's data to Q5 last time, I did not have to set these up separately. Options were available within initial setup itself, and once done, her phone book (originall stored to Q5 device storage) synced perfectly to her Gmail. Why do I need to set these up separately now? Pls advise.

And if I do that, will my phone book and calendar in device storage sync to Google?

Love my Classic but this is driving me nuts. Was so much easier in OS7.

Pls advise folks.

Many thanks
    03-16-15 09:50 PM